Cameron Sutton in trouble

I get that, but it’s this kind of reaction from these goobers that makes people feel trapped in abusive relationships. If abused people don’t feel like they can name their abuser without being ridiculed and dismissed, then they will never escape. Sure, there are insane (and I’ll point out also abusive) people who will lie just to get people in trouble, but those people are the exception and not the rule.

It's an unfortunate dynamic for sure. Cases like that of A.J. Johnson are likely what some posters, including myself, think of in these sorts of cases.

Heavier penalties for the liars/abusers on either end of that spectrum would be great. A minimum of several years of jail time and substantial fines (for agency time spent) would be a fine start. Then, bring on the civil suit and damages. Right now, it seems like the penalties tend toward one group and not the other. The lying wench who damn near derailed A.J. Johnson's career and prospects of a normal life should have seen substantial jail time due to her actions.

I don't recall anyone proving the girl in the Johnson and WIlliams incident was lying. They were acquitted for lack of evidence to prove their guilt.

I don't recall anyone proving the girl in the Johnson and WIlliams incident was lying. They were acquitted for lack of evidence to prove their guilt.
More or less it was proven. They (it was more than one girl) erased evidence from their phones, which gave AJ and pal a huge breather. That act alone screams liars. Then the fact they drove all the way from Florida (IIRC) to be at that party. Fortunately, AJ had a darn good lawyer, so while the girls got a pushy pass as they often do in such case, they didn't away without being somewhat tainted. Now, for Sutton, he's already being demonized prior to a trial.
Sheriff Chad Chronister said in a statement. "Domestic violence has no place in our community, and no one is above the law here in Hillsborough County. My thoughts are with this woman as she continues to heal from this man’s gruesome actions."

Like others, I want to see what comes out of this. Whether he was a violent woman beater, or she manipulated things in some manner, for some reason, and provoked hi, I just don't get it with men, when you see the slightest hint of a relationship red flag, get out of Dodge right away. Why risk everything you have worked for when you know courts are biased in women's favor? 33 million down the drain, I just don't get it why guys don't simply exit the situation, premises, and relationship. I guess Forrest Gump's mom had it right.

More or less it was proven. They (it was more than one girl) erased evidence from their phones, which gave AJ and pal a huge breather. That act alone screams liars. Then the fact they drove all the way from Florida (IIRC) to be at that party. Fortunately, AJ had a darn good lawyer, so while the girls got a pushy pass as they often do in such case, they didn't away without being somewhat tainted. Now, for Sutton, he's already being demonized prior to a trial.
Sheriff Chad Chronister said in a statement. "Domestic violence has no place in our community, and no one is above the law here in Hillsborough County. My thoughts are with this woman as she continues to heal from this man’s gruesome actions."

Like others, I want to see what comes out of this. Whether he was a violent woman beater, or she manipulated things in some manner, for some reason, and provoked hi, I just don't get it with men, when you see the slightest hint of a relationship red flag, get out of Dodge right away. Why risk everything you have worked for when you know courts are biased in women's favor? 33 million down the drain, I just don't get it why guys don't simply exit the situation, premises, and relationship. I guess Forrest Gump's mom had it right.
Giving her the same consideration as the guys, more or less would not be a high enough standard to convict her and send her to jail. While deleting her messages and whatnot is not a good look, it doesn't mean she was deleting evidence pertaining to this case. It could have been things unrelated that would paint her in a bad light.

As far as Sutton, it blows me away what the Sheriff said. I suspect we haven't heard the last of it.

Giving her the same consideration as the guys, more or less would not be a high enough standard to convict her and send her to jail. While deleting her messages and whatnot is not a good look, it doesn't mean she was deleting evidence pertaining to this case. It could have been things unrelated that would paint her in a bad light.

As far as Sutton, it blows me away what the Sheriff said. I suspect we haven't heard the last of it.
At least we agree on the Sutton thing. As for the AJ matter, no matter what we think, the judge saw/heard enough to acquit AJ of the accusations. Plus what they did manage to get off the phone once they got access. No matter, if players knowing how hanger-ons, groupies, and fame-hoes are there to exploit them, still expose themselves to being exploited, perhaps they deserve it. There is ignorance, of which we all have to vary degrees, and there is arrogance, which we all select by choice. Not knowing is forgivable, knowing and ignoring the consequences, well....

paternity cases often bring out some strong emotions, this sounds like a case where things got out of hand.

As for the AJ matter, no matter what we think, the judge saw/heard enough to acquit AJ of the accusations.
I think it's more like he didn't hear enough to convict. Same result either way. I remember there were those that felt "the prosecutor is out to get the football team" and those that felt "these athletes think they are entitled and can get away with breaking the law". IIRC it took almost 3 and a half years for this case to be resolved. None of the people involved could move on with life in the mean time. I don't understand why these things take so long.

This is the VERY reason if the accusation gets made and fails, the accuser should come under scrutiny and be charged for a criminal offense. Staining someone for life by a simple he said she said accusation that can never be proven needs to be prosecuted if there is no evidence to sustain a conviction.

This is the VERY reason if the accusation gets made and fails, the accuser should come under scrutiny and be charged for a criminal offense. Staining someone for life by a simple he said she said accusation that can never be proven needs to be prosecuted if there is no evidence to sustain a conviction.
If it can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt she lied, then sure. Otherwise, no way.

I think it's more like he didn't hear enough to convict. Same result either way. I remember there were those that felt "the prosecutor is out to get the football team" and those that felt "these athletes think they are entitled and can get away with breaking the law". IIRC it took almost 3 and a half years for this case to be resolved. None of the people involved could move on with life in the mean time. I don't understand why these things take so long.
One thing that stands out to me, is these girls drove all the way across 2 or so state lines to be at this party. As if the universities in their on locals didn't have parties. Guys who ignore NO, or presume to be entitled, deserve the worst that can happen to them. But girls who go out of their way to put themselves in situations they KNOW is questionable at least, potentially unsafe at worse, something just doesn't smell right. Then there was the erasing of their phone calls, and the stalling when asked to provide them. You'd think if they were innocent and honest, the phone records would be the nail in AJ & Co. coffin, right there. Nope, I think they feared their family and friends finding out what really happened. As for the athletes, who allow themselves to be put into positions, yea, initiate such situations, welcome to your 20+ years home. Just look at the mess at LSU right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: pimo1
Question for our legal team here on Volnation: It seems strange to me that the charges would be dropped from a felony to a misdemeanor the day he turns himself in (or maybe day after). Is there an advantage for law enforcement to charging him with a felony in order to encourage his response to the charges or to encourage other states to share information? Is the reduction in charges likely to have been a result of a discussion with Sutton's attorney about the circumstances and about his return to Florida?

Reactions: knox73
Question for our legal team here on Volnation: It seems strange to me that the charges would be dropped from a felony to a misdemeanor the day he turns himself in (or maybe day after). Is there an advantage for law enforcement to charging him with a felony in order to encourage his response to the charges or to encourage other states to share information? Is the reduction in charges likely to have been a result of a discussion with Sutton's attorney about the circumstances and about his return to Florida?

My first thought was maybe he was negotiating through a lawyer before turning himself in.

Misdemeanor and the team released him? Seems Detroit gave up on him real fast. Like they were looking for a reason to move on from him. His last half of the season was not very good.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
Dang, dude's already been convicted in the court of Volnation opinion.

Nobody on here knows this man's business.
Apparently so lol. Presumption of innocence until proven guilty.. let's not forget that. Cam will get his day in court.

I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you’re not familiar with the details that came out in that case. Maybe research a little before opening that mouth.

[Court records show the accuser and Johnson had been carrying on a casual sexual relationship behind her boyfriend’s back in the months before the party.]

I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you’re not familiar with the details that came out in that case. Maybe research a little before opening that mouth.

[Court records show the accuser and Johnson had been carrying on a casual sexual relationship behind her boyfriend’s back in the months before the party.]
Not sure if the other guy was ignorant about the case, or dead set on portraying madam accuser of being innocent at all costs. Based on my adventures in the political forum, I know we got some folks here that have foundational motivation to go that far and beyond. In any case, having met my share of daddy's little girls, and pious church girls both, I know they're often enough not sugar and spice, and everything nice, some have a hefty dose of Carolina reaper flakes sprinkled in When they get caught, these Sumerian Inanna to spare their uh, ahem, umm, reputations, the goal becomes to tarnish the guy as an Incubus. That's what AJ faced.

Last edited:
Misdemeanor and the team released him? Seems Detroit gave up on him real fast. Like they were looking for a reason to move on from him. His last half of the season was not very good.
If he'd come out about what happened earlier it may have been different. Instead he was accused and then went on the run. That's a look a team isn't nearly as likely to take the "let's see how this plays out" route.

If he'd come out about what happened earlier it may have been different. Instead he was accused and then went on the run. That's a look a team isn't nearly as likely to take the "let's see how this plays out" route.
If he were a feared lockdown corner I bet he’d still be on the team.

Reactions: CSVol
Initial charges are often way overboard in most cases. Think of it like this. I charge you with Murder 1 but we go to trial all I can prove is Man 2. Win-win for the prosecutor because Murder 1 means I keep you locked up on a bigger bond and also creates leverage for plea bargains. Same thing with Felony Assault Misdemeanor is a lesser charge under that. By the time they indict, they tend to cover all their bases. Depending on how much of a hard-on they have for you they can hit you with a laundry list. Never trust any charges until they make it to trial... because much like us the facts evolve over time for prosecutors like they do for us.. normally some cop talking to a crying victim draws up the initial charges.. those often change quite a bit when the DA takes it in for indictment and they have a bit more info up or down. So they start as high as they think they can get away with.

Reactions: Big Al Orange

VN Store

Back