California Lunacy Thread

If you have facts to present, do it. We don't have time for you to set others up for a massive gotcha trap
But you have time for Grandpa Spammy McMemeturd and his magical Twitter feed of echos?

It states she can't vote which is not true since she can in SF. She can be on the commission based on local rules and appears to help many navigate the system and understand the issues. If there's one thing I've learned on VN is that even native English speakers struggle to understand what they're voting for

So, now that you know what's going on what is your issue?

But you have time for Grandpa Spammy McMemeturd and his magical Twitter feed of echos?

It states she can't vote which is not true since she can in SF. She can be on the commission based on local rules and appears to help many navigate the system and understand the issues. If there's one thing I've learned on VN is that even native English speakers struggle to understand what they're voting for

So your issue is that she can't vote nationally but no one here stated that SF lets non citizens vote? OK, that says more about SF than folks around here

So your issue is that she can't vote nationally but no one here stated that SF lets non citizens vote? OK, that says more about SF than folks around here
No that's not my issue. The tweet stated she can't legally vote in this country which is false.

She can't legally vote in some (national) elections. You found an exception
Which is not what was stated. That was done on purpose since the people spreading that tweet would never look into it further.

I think you're being loose with the facts when you state plainly "she can vote in SF." It appears that her voting right s are very limited. It looks like this is the only election she can vote in:

Noncitizens aren’t totally barred from voting in San Francisco. In 2016, after multiple attempts in previous years to pass a similar measure, voters approved Proposition N, which allowed San Francisco noncitizens to vote in school board elections if they had a child who went to school in the district.

Unless you can show that she has kids, she can't vote in SF at all

I think you're being loose with the facts when you state plainly "she can vote in SF." It appears that her voting right s are very limited. It looks like this is the only election she can vote in:

Unless you can show that she has kids, she can't vote in SF at all

And she's on the school board commission right?

So is it correct to say she can't vote legally in this country?

Some of us find it pretty nutty that a non citizen can hold such a position. I wouldn't expect to hold such a position in another country
So you're against local govt being controlled by locals? You're against local govt representing those who live there?

Reactions: volfanhill
And she's on the school board commission right?

So is it correct to say she can't vote legally in this country?
According to the article I posted, she cannot legally vote in this country with one very rare exception...so rare that unless she has a kid in a school system, it is proper to state that she can't vote in this country. Other than that very rare exception I posted, where can she legally vote in SF as you stated? Can she vote for mayor?

According to the article I posted, she cannot legally vote in this country with one very rare exception...so rare that unless she has a kid in a school system, it is proper to state that she can't vote in this country. Other than that very rare exception I posted, where can she legally vote in SF as you stated? Can she vote for mayor?
Which one is true:

1) She can legally vote in this country
2) she can't legally vote in this country

But hey, keep going after me not the deceptive tweets being spammed

Which one is true:

1) She can legally vote in this country
2) she can't legally vote in this country

But hey, keep going after me not the deceptive tweets being spammed
I don't think she has a kid in school so I'm going to say "2"

Show me where I'm wrong

Oh good lord. The lengths you all go to defend this crap on twitter. Are you a senior citizen as well?
You haven't shown me any voting rights that she has in SF. None. If you're calling out Fox News and other right sites for not mentioning the school board exception then that's what I'm getting at. Is that what you're upset about? They didn't mention that one exception? Maybe she can vote for her condo board too. Or maybe she can vote for who hosts bunco next week

Me thinks you've been exposed on this one

You haven't shown me any voting rights that she has in SF. None. If you're calling out Fox News and other right sites for not mentioning the school board exception then that's what I'm getting at. Is that what you're upset about? They didn't mention that one exception? Maybe she can vote for her condo board too. Or maybe she can vote for who hosts bunco next week

Me thinks you've been exposed on this one
I didn't call out Fox I called out the garbage twitter account that explicitly stated she can't vote. The reason they did so was to fan the anti immigrant flames that their followers live for. Of course it sounds she does more for her community than many of those who are so scared of someone who dares speak anything but English.

VN Store

Back