Caitlin Clark going pro Will WNBA get a media contract increase from 60 million to 80 - 100 million out of ESPN

She’s not breaking Petes record, she didn’t play against men.
She certainly is a great player - one of the best female players ever in college. Fun to watch.
However, claiming the scoring crown over Pete Maravich is disingenuous. Pete only played varsity ball for 3 years and there was no 3 point shot. He would have averaged 50 ppg if there was an arc back in the day…

Good lady vol post....Volnation right? Just sayin....please forgive I forgot BLUE FONT.....

Clark and Reese are not part of the National team right now because they are still in college. After they graduate, they will be becoming pros, and I guarantee that Clark will be part of that team. I believe in the past they have taken one recently graduated player for the roster if they are good enough, and in this case, Clark fits the bill.

Did they make a rule that college players can't be part of the team? Because in the past that wasn't the case.

Clark and Reese are not part of the National team right now because they are still in college. After they graduate, they will be becoming pros, and I guarantee that Clark will be part of that team. I believe in the past they have taken one recently graduated player for the roster if they are good enough, and in this case, Clark fits the bill.
I can only think of 3 players who played on the US Olympic Team the year they graduated from college: Candace Parker in 2008 and former UConn players Diana Taurasi (2004) and Breanna Stewart (2016, ironically at the expense of Parker...who finished the WNBA season as a 2nd team All WNBA selecton and the WNBA Finals MVP). Nneke Ogwumike was the #1 pick in 2012, but was not invited to play (somehow, it seemed to make more sense to Olympic Coach and UConn head coach Geno Auriemma for former UConn players Ashja Jones and Swin Cash to receive invites instead). Sabrina Ionescu was the #1 pick in 2020, but she was also not invited to play because it seemed to make more sense to US Olympic Committee (including special Advisor/UConn head coach Geno Auriemma) for Sue Bird and Taurasi to play in their FIFTH Olympics instead. So no, just because you are an incoming can't miss #1 pro prospect is no guarantee for making the Olympic team...especially if some of the long standing members of the team having represented the USA more than a reasonable number of times, and past their prime...insist on playing yet again. Like Taurasi is doing this time. But hey...maybe US Olympic Committee Chairman and former UConn player Jenn Rizzotti might realize that it absolutely makes perfect sense to give Clark a spot on the team instead of Taurasi for an unprecendented SIXTH time, but I guess Clark hasn't practiced enough with the senior team...so oh well.

I can only think of 3 players who played on the US Olympic Team the year they graduated from college: Candace Parker in 2008 and former UConn players Diana Taurasi (2004) and Breanna Stewart (2016, ironically at the expense of Parker...who finished the WNBA season as a 2nd team All WNBA selecton and the WNBA Finals MVP). Nneke Ogwumike was the #1 pick in 2012, but was not invited to play (somehow, it seemed to make more sense to Olympic Coach and UConn head coach Geno Auriemma for former UConn players Ashja Jones and Swin Cash to receive invites instead). Sabrina Ionescu was the #1 pick in 2020, but she was also not invited to play because it seemed to make more sense to US Olympic Committee (including special Advisor/UConn head coach Geno Auriemma) for Sue Bird and Taurasi to play in their FIFTH Olympics instead. So no, just because you are an incoming can't miss #1 pro prospect is no guarantee for making the Olympic team...especially if some of the long standing members of the team having represented the USA more than a reasonable number of times, and past their prime...insist on playing yet again. Like Taurasi is doing this time. But hey...maybe US Olympic Committee Chairman and former UConn player Jenn Rizzotti might realize that it absolutely makes perfect sense to give Clark a spot on the team instead of Taurasi for an unprecendented SIXTH time, but I guess Clark hasn't practiced enough with the senior team...so oh well.

Exactly. Again, all you need are the right people in the right place to pull the right strings. Nothing too glaring. Just little nudges to get the outcomes you want. And they have put those people in those places over the years, through a combination of influence spread within the sport, and within the media that surrounds the sport - particularly the media empire that was a 40 minute drive the road in Bristol. I'm sure everyone wanted to maintain good relationships with UConn's program, or with ESPN who had an interest in selling that brand as part of selling the sport. It wasn't that hard for folks to convince themselves that letting those Connecticut players continue to play, or picking them over other potential players, was acceptable.

It's nearing the end for them, don't get me wrong. When Auriemma retires, that'll all start to dry up. But their grip on the larger decisions has been unmistakable.

Last edited:
I can only think of 3 players who played on the US Olympic Team the year they graduated from college: Candace Parker in 2008 and former UConn players Diana Taurasi (2004) and Breanna Stewart (2016, ironically at the expense of Parker...who finished the WNBA season as a 2nd team All WNBA selecton and the WNBA Finals MVP).

Sylvia Fowles and Kim Mulkey were both Olympians the summer after they graduated college.

Remember back in the day having college players on the team was commonplace. Pat was the oldest player on the 76 team and she was only like 24 at the time and there were a lot of college players on the team. Heck I think Nancy Lieberman had only completely like one year of college. Bridgette Gordon was on the 1988 team as a rising senior in college. Cheryl Miller was on the 1984 team as a rising junior.

Exactly. Again, all you need are the right people in the right place to pull the right strings. And they have put those people in those places over the years, through a combination of influence spread within the sport, and within the media that surrounds the sport - particularly the media empire that was a 40 minute drive the road in Bristol. I'm sure everyone wanted to maintain good relationships with UConn's program after all, and it wasn't that hard to convince themselves that letting those players continue to play was acceptable.

It's nearing the end for them, don't get me wrong. When Auriemma retires, that'll all start to dry up. But their grip on the larger decisions has been unmistakable.
It's already starting to happen with the Olympics roster. The 2024 team, at most, will have 3 UConn players (Taurasi, Stewart, and Collier), whereas the 2020/21 team had those 3 plus Bird and Charles. 2016 also had 4 of those 5, just sub in Maya Moore for Collier. 2012 had 6 (drop Stewart but add Jones and Cash). Looking ahead to 2028, Stewart and Collier could be back, maybe Bueckers will be good and healthy enough to keep UConn up to 3 spots on the team. I wonder if Aaliyah Edwards plans to play for Canada this summer since she was not on their roster for the FIBA qualifying tournament a few weeks ago.

Sylvia Fowles and Kim Mulkey were both Olympians the summer after they graduated college.

Remember back in the day having college players on the team was commonplace. Pat was the oldest player on the 76 team and she was only like 24 at the time and there were a lot of college players on the team. Heck I think Nancy Lieberman had only completely like one year of college. Bridgette Gordon was on the 1988 team as a rising senior in college. Cheryl Miller was on the 1984 team as a rising junior.
I forgot about Sylvia. Pretty amazing that they let two rookies on that year, but there weren’t any good UConn graduates that year 🤷‍♂️

The shift from amateurs to pros for the Olympics changed things drastically, and not for the better

It's already starting to happen with the Olympics roster. The 2024 team, at most, will have 3 UConn players (Taurasi, Stewart, and Collier), whereas the 2020/21 team had those 3 plus Bird and Charles. 2016 also had 4 of those 5, just sub in Maya Moore for Collier. 2012 had 6 (drop Stewart but add Jones and Cash). Looking ahead to 2028, Stewart and Collier could be back, maybe Bueckers will be good and healthy enough to keep UConn up to 3 spots on the team. I wonder if Aaliyah Edwards plans to play for Canada this summer since she was not on their roster for the FIBA qualifying tournament a few weeks ago.
As far as Edwards, she was on the Canadian roster last year for the AmeriCup games, and she was on the Olympic roster in 2021. In the 2021 games she hardly played, they never practiced, so she came to UConn in the fall out of shape. At the AmeriCup she played a lot, although my Siri is not cooperating on how she did. Anyway, she will be on the 2024 Olympic roster for Canada.

Did they make a rule that college players can't be part of the team? Because in the past that wasn't the case.
Geno been involved in helping pick Team USA
Retired fighting Irish coach said UConn had unfair advantage with ESPN
They help UCONN win those championships with being a mouth piece for them.
Plus you add let him be part of picking Team USA helped drives playerS there.
I Don't think the American Team USA needs a Top 25 coach to win a Gold Medals they should be lots of good coaches who's not a big name who could coach the Team USA. MAybe hire a full-time coach who will not pick their schools players over others.

Iowa Hawkeyes guard Molly Davis who hurt knee
Is expected to return some point NCAA tournament
Go news for her
Molly wasn't lost for the season
More important Her knee wasn't as bad as they thought

Seen YouTube video WNBA Want ESPN to increase yearly contract
From 60 million to 80-100 WNBA trying to cash in over Caitlin Clark
Did a Google search WNBA is trying to get more money out of ESPN
Not watch a WNBA game . Anyone who watches thinks WNBA will get what they are looking for?

She is the best talent in the WNBA day 1 and everyone knows it. She has incredible range, elite defense, great handles, crafty at the rim. Fun to watch.

Reactions: mudcat1973
She is the best talent in the WNBA day 1 and everyone knows it. She has incredible range, elite defense, great handles, crafty at the rim. Fun to watch.
Pretty sure everyone doesn't know that. There is alot of really good talent in the W. CC is the greatest long range shooter no doubt, and has great court vision. But she's about to see D like she's never seen, and to be asked to play D like she's never played. She'll be a success in the W, but far from dominating it, at least at first.

Caitlin Clark Is more than a Three shooter
Clark earn Dawn Staley Award which honors Division I Best guard
Lead scoring Second Assists
26.6 points 7.1Assists 5.9 rebounds
Freshmen year stats

Softmore year
Clark was two time recipent of the Dawn Staley Award and won the Nanny Liberian award as the best point guard.
Clark was the first Division I to lead division I in points and assists per game.
She led led in total points , free throws, triple doubles.
27 points 8 rebounds 8 assists

Not listing all awards listed some information pointing out she's more Than a shooter.
Caitlin Clarki is only one player
So odds are she won't win national championship
Caitlin Clark is like Larry BIrd in his time
Both went to a home state school
And didn't go to a school where they more than likely could have National Championships seasons.
Finished seasons when I get to.

Hailey Van Lith's reactions to Caitlin Clark you can't see me
Gesture YouTube short Video by BlacHer reports

Hailey said
The Media is dumb. They make stuff up. She did it to her Strength Coach.

Hailey text Clark And we Laugh about it.
She Didn't see . Camera angles made IT look she diD.

All that In Video
Credit Hailey Van Lith's Telling the truth on the subject
Hailey could have went along with the story but she told the Truth.

Last edited:
Hailey Van Lith's reactions to Caitlin Clark you can't see me
Gesture YouTube short Video by BlacHer reports

Hailey said
The Media is dumb. They make stuff up. She did it to her Strength Coach.

Hailey text Clark And we Laugh about it.
She Didn't see . Camera angles made IT look she diD.

All that In Video
Credit Hailey Van Lith's Telling the truth on the subject
All that crap is yesterday's news. It was an embarrassing interlude last spring. No one really cares anymore and the WBB world has moved way beyond it, thank goodness. CC and AR got crazy rich off of it, good for them, but it was tacky and dumb. And it's over.

No doubt the media will play it for all it's worth if a rematch occurs, and it will bring in temporary viewers who otherwise don't give a flip about WBB. So they'll make another buck. But the future is the young uns who just want to play and don't give a damn about any of that tired ole garbage.

Last edited:
Reactions: krichunaka
Caitlin Clark's agent should take full advantage of the Big Three offer of $5 million and counter offer wanting $7 million .

If the WNBA doesn't get a better T.V. Contract with the additions of Caitlin Clark and Rickea Jackson they is something wrong with the hierarchy of the league.

I hope the league doesn’t get a dime. Especially with the way the veteran players have been hating on Twitter. Lexi Brown in particular needs to put up or shut up.

She and Skylar Diggins are the most unlikable women in the league (besides Taurasi).

Reactions: VolFuture

VN Store

Back