Caitlin Clark going pro Will WNBA get a media contract increase from 60 million to 80 - 100 million out of ESPN

Absolutely the number one pick. Scoring, name recognition, Clark's got a lot to bring to the table.

Going to be interesting to see how her story unfolds. She's the biggest potential star the WNBA is likely to ever get their hands on. What will be the result? Will she elevate the league? Will the league elevate her? Very interesting to see what happens.

Absolutely the number one pick. Scoring, name recognition, Clark's got a lot to bring to the table.

Going to be interesting to see how her story unfolds. She's the biggest potential star the WNBA is likely to ever get their hands on. What will be the result? Will she elevate the league? Will the league elevate her? Very interesting to see what happens.
She will most likely have to elevate her game, somehow, because there's probably not a team in the WNBA that doesn't have at least one lock-down defender that will be quicker, smarter, more clever than any she's ever faced at the college level. And those pro players will be trying their best to not let the rook make them look bad.

I could see opposing defenses being all over her for 90 feet.

On the other hand, the pros won't have seen a player with her crazy range before, and so it's going to challenge the stamina of defenders to have to defend so closely so far out.

The Fever front office cannot believe their luck this year to get that No.1 pick. But Indy being Indy, they may end up finding new and unseen-before-now ways to fall flat this coming season despite having both Aliyah Boston and Caitlyn Clark on the roster.

She the Number one Pick my two cents
Anyone else got a opinion on it.
Mentioning her as about to pass Pistol Pete is just repulsive. Travis Grant of Kentucky St. scored 4,045 career points. Did we here about him passing Pete? Very feminine looking? That Pic with tongue out, wow!
1709311696463.png

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Definitely #1 pick. Not sure she will be as dominant in the pros. Every game better athletes guarding her than she has seen before while she has probably reached her peak offensively.
Saw a replay of her getting “hit” in the court storming. She definitely has contact but the spinning, arm flailing looks exaggerated to say the least. We’ll see how all that attitude plays at the next level.

I think she will do well. Has a quick release shot with almost unbelievable accuracy. She won't have the college per game pts avg but will get 20 a game. She will break Pete's record but hope they note that his record was pre-the 3 pt shot.

Definitely #1 pick. Not sure she will be as dominant in the pros. Every game better athletes guarding her than she has seen before while she has probably reached her peak offensively.
Saw a replay of her getting “hit” in the court storming. She definitely has contact but the spinning, arm flailing looks exaggerated to say the least. We’ll see how all that attitude plays at the next level.
Seen that did you see Duke men's player hurt by A fan running on the court.

Reactions: Amb3096
Fun debate

I'll go contrarian. I think huge amounts of national NIL $$$ makes her return for another year ...

but her BF does work for the Indiana Pacers, so if he's still there and they are still together ... idk

I did, that looked a little more serious. Ugh, how to let fans have a celebration and keep players safe. Got to be a way to get the teams off the court/field safely.
They was YouTube video Om sports reporters saying if fans rush court next home Game no fans
I would say gIve teams a minute or few to get out of the way
Fans could sing their fight songs a few times while other team leaves
If they know how long they had they would be all of the way example when Tennessee beat Alabama in football
Longer wait if a player gets hurt end of game.
Fans didn't followed the rules no fans next game or limit fans.
Next game
Not sure if I saw that on YouTube or TV but you get the point
I seen a YouTube video of Alabama player a Tennesse women fan he bump her can't remember but they was a YouTube video on that
Not sure but think a fan might been hit .
But it's been awhile seen I watch lot of Tennessee victory videos

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucy

She's already more popular than the WNBA, so they benefit more from her presence than the other way around. Assuming that the veterans and league are not petty and try to "put her in her place".

Worse case scenario is that she struggles with the WNBA defense and turns into just another average player, at which point interest in her will quickly dry up. Best case scenario is that her, Boston and NaLyssa Smith quickly turn the Fever into a feared three-headed monster, all stay healthy, and the Fever make a Lynx-like run to the WNBA finals.

Kelsey Plum has had a good WNBA career and I think has won 2 titles plus individual awards. Clark will be the same. Of course Clark won't
be as dominant as a pro as she was in college--that goes without saying. But I'll be very surprised if she's not good/very
good. Her WNBA salary will be irrelevant, really, as she'll make millions from advertising/endorsement deals. That will make her much like some high-school prospects now, except the high-school prospect haven't accomplished diddly and most won't accomplish all that much and in the future will laugh about it. "I was never more than 2nd string but got a million dollars anyway!"

Kelsey Plum has had a good WNBA career and I think has won 2 titles plus individual awards. Clark will be the same. Of course Clark won't
be as dominant as a pro as she was in college--that goes without saying. But I'll be very surprised if she's not good/very
good. Her WNBA salary will be irrelevant, really, as she'll make millions from advertising/endorsement deals.
Clark will only keep her endorsement deals as long as she remains relevent. If she turns into an average WNBA journeyman, then her endorsement portfolio will quickly evaporate.
That will make her much like some high-school prospects now, except the high-school prospect haven't accomplished diddly and most won't accomplish all that much and in the future will laugh about it. "I was never more than 2nd string but got a million dollars anyway!"
<Haley and Hannah Cavinder have entered the chat>

Reactions: brittannica
She's already more popular than the WNBA, so they benefit more from her presence than the other way around. Assuming that the veterans and league are not petty and try to "put her in her place".

Worse case scenario is that she struggles with the WNBA defense and turns into just another average player, at which point interest in her will quickly dry up. Best case scenario is that her, Boston and NaLyssa Smith quickly turn the Fever into a feared three-headed monster, all stay healthy, and the Fever make a Lynx-like run to the WNBA finals.

I agree, so much so that I think the argument for her staying in college and collecting boffo endorsements carries a lot of weight. The college brands are just so much stronger, and the supporter investment so much stronger and more dedicated. That she's going early makes me wonder if there aren't people helping her make this decision -ie, there's some sort of larger plan in place, that this move helps to put in motion. Who knows though.

The struggling scenario will be the real test for the WNBA. The NBA, when faced with the revolutionary impact Michael Jordan had on the sport, appeared to give him "superstar" treatment at times. One wonders if the WNBA will do the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amb3096
I agree, so much so that I think the argument for her staying in college and collecting boffo endorsements carries a lot of weight. The college brands are just so much stronger, and the supporter investment so much stronger and more dedicated. That she's going early makes me wonder if there aren't people helping her make this decision -ie, there's some sort of larger plan in place, that hsi move helps to put in motion. Who knows though.

The struggling scenario will be the real test for the WNBA. The NBA, when faced with the revolutionary impact Michael Jordan had on the sport, appeared to give him "superstar" treatment at times. One wonders if the WNBA will do the same.
Michael Jordan finished the House Larry Bird and Magic Johnson starting building
Jordan finished the roof
But Johnson and Bird built the. Areas so to speak players play on today.

VN Store

Back