Buyout Oklahoma Game?

Well, the original poster has been rebuked enough. I will just add that I hated when we did it a few years ago against North Carolina of all people. We are the Vols. Up or down, we don't run from anybody. And to do it against a team like NC?!! That was about as embarrassed as I've ever been as a vol fan.

Reactions: 1 person
The fanbase is not delusional, you dip. Why don't you get lost? Go TF away, you total flakey fake.

Wow, you make a great argument there, calling me names and telling me to GTF out. How about this for a real argument?

Delusional: a persistent false psychotic belief regarding the self or persons or objects outside the self that is maintained despite indisputable evidence to the contrary

Delusional UT fans believe that the Vols are still relevant, despite the fact that they ended up having to hire coaches from LaTech and Cincinnati to take over the football program.

The fact is that under those coaches, UT has gone 5-7 over each of the last three seasons.

The fact is that with one of those coaches, UT must win two out of their five remaining SEC games just to reach 5-7 again, and three out of those games just to qualify for a bowl game.

Yet, delusional Vol fans believe that can happen despite the fact that they have won only four total conference games in the last three seasons.

You're wrong. A bowl game is a very big deal, especially for teams that are struggling. Bowl games build confidence, gives extra practices, experience and a goal to set for the end of the season.

If bowl games aren't a big deal then why is it such a big deal for us? I mean you hear oh Butch has to get us to a bowl. Why? Because it means something.

Also if they don't mean anything then what's the use of playing? I mean is every team just playing for 5-7? Is that the goal? Bowl games also have small implications on recruiting. It can show recruits the direction your program is heading in.

Why did people make a big deal about Franklin taking Vandy to a bowl game in consecutive years? Why do we mention Mullen's bowl games at MSU as part of his success? Because bowl games are a measuring stick of how good a team is. If not, then how do you judge success. I honestly cannot believe you're this obtuse.

Is it important for CBJ to make a bowl game? If so, why? If not, why not?

Also since bowl games don't matter, what should be the goal for a coach?

It's a big deal for the head coach because dumbasses like you buy it: hook, line, and sinker.

If you think this team will bust their asses because they're playing Tulsa in " " Bowl, you're crazy!

OU would want millions to buy out this game---UT can't afford to be throwing away all that money

You make the bed, you lie in the bed. That simple. Besides, there can be no payback if we are ducking them.

Is it possible/a good idea to buy out of Oklahoma and schedule a cupcake considering we have 8 potential losses next year, including them?

Uhhh, is Dooley back in a decision making position? This is what I've always 'admired' about the college game. The cupcake win is coveted. "pay 'em to lose". Get better through recruiting and you dont have to worry about how many cupcakes you play. We caught Oregon and Oklahoma at a bad time but you play who you schedule. Precious canceling the UNC series was a low point in UT history. I personally think UT could've beat them both games. UT looked like punks on that one.

I've watched the two OU losses. They aren't as impressive as UT made them look. They were jacked to play and beat an SEC team.

It should be a better game next year.
If they were going to buy out one it should have been this years game.

I live down on the gulf coast now. One of the local sports stations has a segment where they pick silly, inane threads from the various sports boards and use it to make fun of the fanbase of those schools. Tigerdroppings, Tidefans, etc. Guess which one they used today from Volnation? Yep, this one. And they had a lot of fun laughing at it.

You are typical of why this program is where it is. What a bunch of *******. No stomach for a rebuild. Typical.

Yeah I know, fans like us caused the program to be where it is. Some simply want to watch the world burn.

Is it possible/a good idea to buy out of Oklahoma and schedule a cupcake considering we have 8 potential losses next year, including them?

At some point we need to grow up and transition into big boy league from Pee Wee.

The one's in charge of demolishing the UT program I enjoyed for forty years of my life until they came in and messed everything up, TERRIBLE DECISION MAKERS.MOVERS AND SHAKERS, need to be ousted if they haven't been already.

VN Store

Back