Buyout Oklahoma Game?

So we go to their house to get beat on when we are starting 23 true freshman but buy them out of having to come to Neyland when we are better to take their medicine? Makes no sense brotha.

We were three plays away from a totally different outcome.

Yea, and UT was also three plays away from being even more embarrassed than they were against OU.

After that game, I predicted that a few games later in the season UT fans would say the Vols were "a few plays" from upsetting the Sooners. By the end of this season, it'll be "we were a pick six" from winning. And by the time next season rolls around, I'm sure they'll be saying "remember how we were this close to knocking off OU".

Yea, and UT was also three plays away from being even more embarrassed than they were against OU.

After that game, I predicted that a few games later in the season UT fans would say the Vols were "a few plays" from upsetting the Sooners. By the end of this season, it'll be "we were a pick six" from winning. And by the time next season rolls around, I'm sure they'll be saying "remember how we were this close to knocking off OU".

Bet you're mad that Butch himself said we were a few plays away from beating ole Miss.

Thought we should have bought out Oregon last year and wouldn't have been upset this year......but next year, not a chance. We will be the closest we have been in a while to competing with the big boys. Plus it's at home.

There's a strong chance that keeping Oklahoma on the schedule in 2015 means we're looking for a new head coach in 14 months. Considering that the Grumours was the most fun I've had as a Vol in almost a decade I say let's keep 'em on. Maybe we can figure out a way to add FSU, Michigan State and Notre Dame.

There's a strong chance that keeping Oklahoma on the schedule in 2015 means we're looking for a new head coach in 14 months. Considering that the Grumours was the most fun I've had as a Vol in almost a decade I say let's keep 'em on. Maybe we can figure out a way to add FSU, Michigan State and Notre Dame.

Necrobump the Gruden-mania threads. The only thing that made 2012 tolerable.

Last edited:
Bet you're mad that Butch himself said we were a few plays away from beating ole Miss.

OMG, if the almighty CBJ actually said that, then UT has more problems than just a delusional fanbase, i.e., a delusional head coach who thinks a team scoring only 3 points in a 31-point loss is "a few plays away" from beating any team.

Reactions: 3 people
We were a few plays away...all the plays they made and we didn't.

Guess it depends on your definition of 'few'......25? 35?

Reactions: 1 person
While we're at it, let's buyout the entire SEC schedule and replace them with D-III schools.

Our "fans" (and I use that term loosely with the OP) are turning into a bunch of sniveling, spineless wusses.

OU will have a much younger team when we meet them in Knoxville next year. I think they are turning over some major players in the trenches as I remember. It's a winnable game against a major program. If we're ever going to be relevant we have to start winning those games not running from them.

How about we just do a Kentucky style schedule.

Remove Bama as a permanent rival, add Memphis as our Louisville and go to a bowl game every season...

... and get zero respect.

Reactions: 1 person
How about we just do a Kentucky style schedule.

Remove Bama as a permanent rival, add Memphis as our Louisville and go to a bowl game every season...

... and get zero respect.

Exactly. People on here think that making a bowl game is something impressive. Truth is there are about 3 bowl games that matter. The rest, no one cares about.

Reactions: 2 people
No on buying out next year but I would have been all for buying it out this year and buying out of Oregon last year.

Exactly. People on here think that making a bowl game is something impressive. Truth is there are about 3 bowl games that matter. The rest, no one cares about.

Hey! The Poulan Weedeater Bowl!...yeah you're right. :sleep:

Was tOSU not on our futures as well? I was thinking 2017 or 2018 but I can't find it anymore. Did we buy that one out?

VN Store

Back