Buyout Oklahoma Game?

I'm all for puffing our chests out and saying no but my gosh we have to correct the mistakes of Hamilton and give our guys a chance to make a bowl game. The SEC schedule is loaded with signature wins. I say buy that game out.

We would look chicken.... foolish.

Yea, and UT was also three plays away from being even more embarrassed than they were against OU.

After that game, I predicted that a few games later in the season UT fans would say the Vols were "a few plays" from upsetting the Sooners. By the end of this season, it'll be "we were a pick six" from winning. And by the time next season rolls around, I'm sure they'll be saying "remember how we were this close to knocking off OU".

I know lots of Vol fans of all ages and none of them would be spouting this kind of garbage; NONE!!!

OMG, if the almighty CBJ actually said that, then UT has more problems than just a delusional fanbase, i.e., a delusional head coach who thinks a team scoring only 3 points in a 31-point loss is "a few plays away" from beating any team.

The fanbase is not delusional, you dip. Why don't you get lost? Go TF away, you total flakey fake.

Reactions: 1 person
Exactly. People on here think that making a bowl game is something impressive. Truth is there are about 3 bowl games that matter. The rest, no one cares about.

about the only good thing about a bowl game is the extra practice...Also, The off season isn't as long.

Not now. Should have delayed both Oregon and Oklahoma to a few years down the road. You don't cancel the return date now even if they are better than you..

were you even planning on attending. I pay for season tickets and want to see the best talent in the land come to Neyland....we beat the best in the past and will do so again..and I will be there

Exactly. People on here think that making a bowl game is something impressive. Truth is there are about 3 bowl games that matter. The rest, no one cares about.

This post is beyond dumb. So teams don't play for bowl games? A winning season and a bowl game appearance mean nothing? So a bowl game doesn't show a teams success? Progress? If they really don't matter, then why are a teams success judged on getting to a bowl game?

Reactions: 1 person
This post is beyond dumb. So teams don't play for bowl games? A winning season and a bowl game appearance mean nothing? So a bowl game doesn't show a teams success? Progress? If they really don't matter, then why are a teams success judged on getting to a bowl game?

Just getting to a bowl game isn't that big of a deal. And most people can't tell you who played in 90% of them. There are 2 bowl games played in the Tampa area and I can't tell you who played in them. Well, I know Iowa played in the Outback Bowl, but that's about it.

I promise you, no team sets their sights on whatever bowl game is played in Birmingham or Shreveport.

Just getting to a bowl game isn't that big of a deal. And most people can't tell you who played in 90% of them. There are 2 bowl games played in the Tampa area and I can't tell you who played in them. Well, I know Iowa played in the Outback Bowl, but that's about it.

I promise you, no team sets their sights on whatever bowl game is played in Birmingham or Shreveport.

You're wrong. A bowl game is a very big deal, especially for teams that are struggling. Bowl games build confidence, gives extra practices, experience and a goal to set for the end of the season.

If bowl games aren't a big deal then why is it such a big deal for us? I mean you hear oh Butch has to get us to a bowl. Why? Because it means something.

Also if they don't mean anything then what's the use of playing? I mean is every team just playing for 5-7? Is that the goal? Bowl games also have small implications on recruiting. It can show recruits the direction your program is heading in.

Why did people make a big deal about Franklin taking Vandy to a bowl game in consecutive years? Why do we mention Mullen's bowl games at MSU as part of his success? Because bowl games are a measuring stick of how good a team is. If not, then how do you judge success. I honestly cannot believe you're this obtuse.

Is it important for CBJ to make a bowl game? If so, why? If not, why not?

Also since bowl games don't matter, what should be the goal for a coach?

Reactions: 4 people
You're wrong. A bowl game is a very big deal, especially for teams that are struggling. Bowl games build confidence, gives extra practices, experience and a goal to set for the end of the season.

If bowl games aren't a big deal then why is it such a big deal for us? I mean you hear oh Butch has to get us to a bowl. Why? Because it means something.

Also if they don't mean anything then what's the use of playing? I mean is every team just playing for 5-7? Is that the goal? Bowl games also have small implications on recruiting. It can show recruits the direction your program is heading in.

Why did people make a big deal about Franklin taking Vandy to a bowl game in consecutive years? Why do we mention Mullen's bowl games at MSU as part of his success? Because bowl games are a measuring stick of how good a team is. If not, then how do you judge success. I honestly cannot believe you're this obtuse.

Is it important for CBJ to make a bowl game? If so, why? If not, why not?

Also since bowl games don't matter, what should be the goal for a coach?

Soooo....yeah? :huh:

I can't believe this thread is even possible. Like we will be scared of anyone next year or the next. We duck no one or no team. Where's the Vol fans I use to know? To borrow a quote from the late Dale Earnhart: I'm surprised you don't tie lit kerosene rags around your ankles to keep the ants from eating your candy asses.

Reactions: 2 people
We have improved drastically from last year... our defense is playing lights-out. We have a top 5 rated class coming again so there will be even more improvement... and its a home game... but you think they should cancel it. Is there something I'm missing here? I'm speechless....

dean-what-gif.gif

Was tOSU not on our futures as well? I was thinking 2017 or 2018 but I can't find it anymore. Did we buy that one out?

They backed out back when the Big 10 seemed to be dead set on changing to both a 9-conference game schedule and a yearly game for each conference member with a member of the Pac-12 conference.

Of course, only one of those happened (the decision for a 9 conference game schedule).

VN Store

Back