BTO’s Missouri postgame report

Good role players typically don't perform as well in road games. For whatever reason they are often more productive at home.

It's my belief that you have to be significantly better than your opponent to win at their place.

You also need a star or two who has supreme self confidence in their game and who enjoys the spotlight and is comfortable taking over the game at the end.

Reactions: 1 person
Good role players typically don't perform as well in road games. For whatever reason they are often more productive at home.

It's my belief that you have to be significantly better than your opponent to win at their place.

You also need a star or two who has supreme self confidence in their game and who enjoys the spotlight and is comfortable taking over the game at the end.

Some truth here.

That last paragraph is where we are really missing.

Good write up BTO.

Disappointing loss to Cuonzo, but season isn't over.

As many have stated, guard play was horrific. I'm most disappointed in Bowden...announcers keep talking about him being a sharpshooter, but I don't see it. He missed every wide-open shot and was beaten defensively back-to-back on baseline out of bounds plays. Not picking on the kid, but he has to find a way to start showing up against better competition.

Also, my hats off to Missouri's players after listening to Cuonzo wired-up. How in the hell they understand anything that guy is saying in a timeout is beyond me.

Reactions: 2 people
In fairness Ziti did warn us he would be unbearable if we lost this game, pretty sad that he’d rather lose a game home to say Ole Miss than a tough road game against a tourney team simply because of who the coach is.

In fairness Ziti did warn us he would be unbearable if we lost this game, pretty sad that he’d rather lose a game home to say Ole Miss than a tough road game against a tourney team simply because of who the coach is.

Sad? Nah.

I’d rather lose to South Carolina than Florida in football. Is that sad too? Or do some games just mean more?

Sad? Nah.

I’d rather lose to South Carolina than Florida in football. Is that sad too? Or do some games just mean more?

I look at big picture and what is better for the team/program, not a personal vendetta against a coach. If Missouri is the better team and on the road I would prefer to lose that game if we must drop one...I hate UK, but I would sure as hell rather lose at Rupp than at South Carolina.

People said something about a couple of our guards having the flu somewhere on here.

Is this confirmed at all by a legitimate source?

We knew Mizzou would be tough defensively. They did what others will do--double team Grant Williams and make us score elsewhere. Like him or no, Cuonzo can coach on the defensive end.

Reactions: 2 people
The (less than) mediocrity of our football season had me looking forward to our upcoming basketball season.
The mediocrity of our basketball season (SEC-wise) has me looking forward to our upcoming football season.

Let's be honest!

Why should UT be better in basketball than other SEC schools?

I don't see any great advantages for UT as compared to the other schools.

The Vol program has no great historical success in the sport.

5/12 from a big man is not good, by any standards. I don’t give a crap if you score 15pts like he ended up with, anybody rolls that tape and they’re going to pick Williams apart.

Again I’m not dogging him, but he struggles big time with length, there are many examples besides tonight.

It's difficult to shoot over people taller than you, often you wind up eating a leather sandwich.

Let's be honest!

Only if you overlook the Mears and Pearl seasons that took us to the very top of the SEC and even all the way to the Elite 8 at one time.

Last edited:
Let's be honest!

How 'bout 'cause it's the second largest revenue generator with football being #1.

Let's be honest!

Which is mind boggling to say the least. We have arguably the second or third best resources in the conference in basketball and continue to be a middle of the road team. Some good coaches over the years ( Mears, DeVoe, and Pearl) but other than that, the Administration has made some terrible hires in basketball. Maybe Barnes will be able to get us to the promise land if he starts recruiting better.

Tennessee basketball can be so much more than it's history suggests. Just like Florida has done. We can do the same. Our history is better than Florida's also.

People who think this isn't a good job are lying to themselves and have a loser mentality.

The (less than) mediocrity of our football season had me looking forward to our upcoming basketball season.
The mediocrity of our basketball season (SEC-wise) has me looking forward to our upcoming football season.

We just went 3-3 in the toughest stretch of the SEC season. How is that mediocrity?

Most people said before we started the SEC season that 3-3 was the realistic expectation. 4-2 was “great” and anything more than that was amazing.

Most of the people on this board act like every loss is the end of the season. Just like during the game, any time we are behind 5+, people start saying “game over”. Take a Xanax please.

Losing to a mediocre Arkansas and a mediocre MO doesn't indicate that your own team is any better than those two.
Although beating a mediocre KY looked a bit better.

VN Store

Back