BTO’s Missouri postgame report

Wouldn't an average scoring game and bad TO game drop that below an average game.

Sure overall but we are blaming this on length. That's bs he struggled because we couldn't make them pay for doubling him. If he struggled with length he would be stopped by one big man. The Vandy guy, Baptiste, had length but Wasn't smart enough to double him.

5/12 from a big man is not good, by any standards. I don’t give a crap if you score 15pts like he ended up with, anybody rolls that tape and they’re going to pick Williams apart.

Again I’m not dogging him, but he struggles big time with length, there are many examples besides tonight.

The thing is that Grant shoots from all over the court. He has more of an outside game than a true big man. He even had to put up a three tonight.

I am not going to say he had a great game because he gives it up too much on bad passes, but his 5/12 is not the same as a true big man.

The thing is that Grant shoots from all over the court. He has more of an outside game than a true big man. He even had to put up a three tonight.

I am not going to say he had a great game because he gives it up too much on bad passes, but his 5/12 is not the same as a true big man.

I would say 10/12 shots came from within 10’

I would have to go back and watch, which I won't. But I recall at least 3-4 from at top of paint or outside.

That is possible...it didn’t appear Grant was more perimeter orientated tonight than any other night, so I don’t feel his percentages tonight are flawed. To me he struggled and the numbers reflect that.

Reactions: 1 person
On one hand the Vols lost to a team that couldn't beat a horrible Illinois team that got lucky to beat Austin Peay at home...on the other hand Mizzou has improved since then it was an SEC game on the road...but tough to win when you miss so many dang shots.

Bummer loss.

Best to keep this team out of the top 25. It's just a tease.

That is possible...it didn’t appear Grant was more perimeter orientated tonight than any other night, so I don’t feel his percentages tonight are flawed. To me he struggled and the numbers reflect that.

He just looked uncomfortable a decent amount as well IMO both because of length and double teams.

I know some of you don’t care, but the committee is now considering this when seeding teams. After tonight’s loss KenPom dropped Tennessee from #13 to...... #13

I know some of you don’t care, but the committee is now considering this when seeding teams. After tonight’s loss KenPom dropped Tennessee from #13 to...... #13

If you’re gonna lose a game this was one of the best ones on the schedule to lose, right up there with at Rupp...win a few of these next ones and everything is fine.

He just looked uncomfortable a decent amount as well IMO both because of length and double teams.

One thing I noticed with the double teams is Mizzu jumped into them as the ball was being passed to him. It seemed they got into them sooner than most teams and Grant usually takes his methodical time making passes out of them but wasn't allowed to do that tonight with how fast they got there. Zo had them ready for that

I don't think anyone is arguing that this is a bad loss on paper.

Not a Cuonzo fan at all, but he did everything right the last few minutes of that game.

I didn’t realize all 3 ranked SEC teams that played on the road lost the past 2 days.

If you’re gonna lose a game this was one of the best ones on the schedule to lose, right up there with at Rupp...win a few of these next ones and everything is fine.

Right. I know people get upset about a loss but this game and at Rupp are the two where as long as we’re competitive a loss won’t hurt us. Unless you think we’re hunting for a 1 or 2 seed.....

Not a Cuonzo fan at all, but he did everything right the last few minutes of that game.

Except one major thing that should have bitten him.

He almost drew up an over and back in bounds play.

Still have no damn clue with Grant fouled right after that

Alexander played very solidly tonight and if he had not been in foul trouble in the first half, UT would probably have won this game.

I have never seen so many good 3 point looks rim out for Bowden and UT tonight...... Bowden was 1 for 7 tonight and he needs to drive the ball more when his outside shot is not working.

Typical CCM game where neither team shoots well and Missouri just out punked UT on the glass.

Give Alexander a few more touches against South Carolina and drive the ball and continue playing solid defense like tonight and the Vols should win Saturday night as they continue their Columbia road trip.

Except one major thing that should have bitten him.

He almost drew up an over and back in bounds play.

Still have no damn clue with Grant fouled right after that

Not sure it would have been over and back. The rule is you have to establish 3 points- both feet and the ball. He had landed on one foot and didn't dribble the ball. Kid was just caught and wasn't sure.

I think we lose Saturday but still won't be worried.
Back to back road games and the home team has an extra day and played at home Tuesday. Bs scheduling hurts us badly this week

Not sure it would have been over and back. The rule is you have to establish 3 points- both feet and the ball. He had landed on one foot and didn't dribble the ball. Kid was just caught and wasn't sure.

Yea either was it was dangerous play for them that had to be poorly executed

It's not a bad loss, but it's a game we definitely should have won that would have been a big resume addition to help with seeding.

For sure. Really icing on the cake come tournament time, but puts more pressure on taking care of the other games.

Especially this weekends game. Facing another great defensive team we need to bounce back in a strong way

VN Store

Back