BTO’s Missouri postgame report

I think we lose Saturday but still won't be worried.
Back to back road games and the home team has an extra day and played at home Tuesday. Bs scheduling hurts us badly this week

I hope not. I think it’s an important game for us to win.

But I’m nervous about it. Will be close

Walker needs more of Fulkersons mins and Alexander needs to be on the floor more and out of foul trouble more often.

Barnes has tried to give Fulkerson a chance to contribute and given you another body late in year. It's just not working.

Reactions: 4 people
Surprised no one mentioned that for me the real reason we lost was the first half. When we was up on Mizz by 9 or 7 we went trigger happy on the three and shot at least 6 three pointers, which most were contested. To win a game in the SEC that cannot happen. When you have a team down put them away. We quit running our offense, which is feed the post (Grant Williams) or at least drive the ball. That's a the reason we didn't see Lamonte Turner but maybe 2 mins the second half is that, because he was the main one throwing up three point shots, which weren't good looks. IMO that's what killed us. We lost the lead and we was all out of whack after that

• Tennessee fell behind by 10, Missouri had the ball and missed a 3-pointer that would have pushed the lead to 13. Instead of folding, TN managed to cut the lead to 1 with under a minute left. That's good coaching when your team doesn't give up. It's also good coaching when your team maintains defensive intensity that holds your opponent without a field goal for the final 6 and a half minutes.

Reactions: 2 people
Come on man, it's not just this game.

He plays pretty well with a frantic pace. He's not strong enough yet to add much in a deliberate, half court type of game. He also showed that he's effective at the high post versus the zone. He'll be a factor when he's more confident at taking the ball to the hoop instead of giving it up. Before the injury last year, Fulkerson and Williams were very effective in the paint together.

He plays pretty well with a frantic pace. He's not strong enough yet to add much in a deliberate, half court type of game. He also showed that he's effective at the high post versus the zone. He'll be a factor when he's more confident at taking the ball to the hoop instead of giving it up. Before the injury last year, Fulkerson and Williams were very effective in the paint together.

We're both believers, but enough with this debilitating injury bull. He took a step back. It happens. Hard to see him not bounce back at some point.

We're both believers, but enough with this debilitating injury bull. He took a step back. It happens. Hard to see him not bounce back at some point.

There's not simply the injuries setting him back, he also missed 8 or 9 months of work. That's a major set back. Had he been able to work with Barnes in the off season, he might have been able to really improve his outside shot. Being a threat to score on the perimeter could be a game changer.

I'll trust that the guy that's coached almost a thousand games in 4 of the 6 elite basketball conferences in college basketball knows what he's doing when he's giving minutes to Fulkerson. If Fulkerson plays zero minutes now, he'll be zero help during the important games that come down the stretch run after conference play.

Reactions: 1 person
Does anyone think that Barnes should stagger the substitutions in the first half?

I think that he puts guys in together that practice together... Daniel and Turner for example. A couple of games ago the entire 2nd team was on the floor... Daniel, Turner, Darrington, Fulkerson, and Walker.

Barnes changes it up almost every game, but does seem to pair up Daniel and Turner a lot.

I think Walker should get a few of Fulkerson's minutes and it seems like Fulkerson does not like to bang down low whereas Walker will bang.

I think Fulkerson will be more helpful on the court later on in the season offensively and he should be better next season after some weight training and putting on a few pounds.

I think Walker should get a few of Fulkerson's minutes and it seems like Fulkerson does not like to bang down low whereas Walker will bang.

I think Fulkerson will be more helpful on the court later on in the season offensively and he should be better next season after some weight training and putting on a few pounds.

Fulkerson is certainly not a banger, he's a cutter and handles the ball and passes very well for a post player. But when the refs are whistle happy, Walker's ability to play a more physical style of basketball is neutralized.

I'm surprised that Daniel's missed free throw when down 3 and 4.4 on the clock hasn't been getting mentioned. That miss effectively ended the game. There's no coach that's ever lived that's going to be able to coach out of that hole. Had that shot been made, the 2nd make would have cut it to 1 and an immediate foul would allow a 3 to tie or win or even a 2 to tie or win if Missouri fails to execute their one-plus-one.

VN Store

Back