BTO’s Mississippi State postgame report

Great OP, BTO. Agree - not much else can be said. Just an awesome performance.

Our guys are the very definition of "team" when they play like that. Inspiring.

Take what the opponent gives you. I said last Saturday that Miss St. interior defense appeared weak/soft in my limited amount of watching them. They have length that they don't really use to their advantage, but they don't have much bulk, and we have plenty of it...another reason you saw Walker get extended minutes last night.

BTO's chief complaint was consistently forcing it into Grant when nothing was available, and him taking bad shots. He only had 3 attempts last night, so really, we just decided to beat them with other players. Schofield and Walker were just too quick and strong, and our guards found lanes and cuts for some easy layups.

I think Schofield's surge in the last few games has been the spark that allowed us to win games , especially when opponents starting denying the ball to Grant. In the games we lost in the last 2 weeks, the guards were not hitting the 3s and were unable to get the ball inside to anyone. Another big factor has been the defense has recently played very well.

I really like the way the guys moved without the ball last night and ran their sets. We were getting good looks around the rim and paint all night. When we struggle is when the offense gets stagnant and everybody stands around and waits on a late pass inside to Grant or a last second prayer from a guard.

Reactions: 1 person
Oh last night was beautiful...instead of forcing it into grant we went to Walker/Schofield/Alexander...GW only had 3FGA and led the team with 4 assists. When we did dump it down to him he did a good job of making the correct pass.

Faked setting up Williams then passed directly to Schofield. Worked in the 2nd half, they had no answer.

Rumor that Rick Barnes sent a certified letter to Ben Howland earlier this week. When Howland opened the letter it read "I'm coming to Starkville on Tuesday. Go pick out your switch. Yours Truly, Rick"

Rumor that Rick Barnes sent a certified letter to Ben Howland earlier this week. When Howland opened the letter it read "I'm coming to Starkville on Tuesday. Go pick out your switch. Yours Truly, Rick"

Hope it was a Hickory switch. Barnes will accept no substitutes.

What is Ziti's buy-in level with Barnes at this moment...

1 being "Fahr Rick!"
10 being "Best man for the job. Full trust."

Folks, this is one of the Top 5 Tennessee basketball teams of all time, that’s not an opinion, the facts back it up...get your a$$e$ out to TBA on Saturday for the ball game, it’s a 6pm tip and tickets have been reduced to $7, there is no reason that shouldn’t be a sellout and TBA should be shaking, these guys deserve it.

This!

What is Ziti's buy-in level with Barnes at this moment...

1 being "Fahr Rick!"
10 being "Best man for the job. Full trust."

It's pretty high. Best not to answer after a really nice win just like I wouldn't want to answer after a bad loss.

But I mean it's hard to argue with the results. Slowly starting to develop a man crush on Ricky B.

2 of the refs calls were really aggravating. The one where I think they missed the ball going out if bounds off of a MS player's foot. The other was the flagrant foul call on Grant. He was faked out, left his feet, the MSU player was under him, and he had nowhere to go but to land on top of him. Grant did not get his money's worth on that foul. He should have gotten to go back and smack him again if he gets called for a flagrant on that.

Then, as usual, in the first half touch fouls 40 feet from the basket get whistled and then in the second half defenders practically push offensive players to the ground and nothing is called.

It's pretty high. Best not to answer after a really nice win just like I wouldn't want to answer after a bad loss.

But I mean it's hard to argue with the results. Slowly starting to develop a man crush on Ricky B.

We'll call that a 9. :)

2 of the refs calls were really aggravating. The one where I think they missed the ball going out if bounds off of a MS player's foot. The other was the flagrant foul call on Grant. He was faked out, left his feet, the MSU player was under him, and he had nowhere to go but to land on top of him. Grant did not get his money's worth on that foul. He should have gotten to go back and smack him again if he gets called for a flagrant on that.

Then, as usual, in the first half touch fouls 40 feet from the basket get whistled and then in the second half defenders practically push offensive players to the ground and nothing is called.

Agree, it was bad last night.

I was one of those who began to feel as if Tennessee had peaked too early.
I said Tennessee has to have people come in off the bench if they expect to win.
I said Tennessee was going to pay the price if they did not quit beginning their second half cold and giving away their leads.

But Tennessee hasn't peaked tooooo early
Tennessee finally put in 2 halves of good play.
It may be late but maybe Tennessee has found their guys off the bench finally.

To go deep into the tourney you have to have good bench play and an inside game in case the 3's doesn't fall..
Tennessee showed all aspects of a good team and good team play last night..

VN Store

Back