BTO’s Mississippi State postgame report

Great write up as usual. Super excited about this team and hope they go far in the tourney.

Let's be blunt here, if Pons knew where he was on that curl he could've dunked that and had room to cover easily. His arm was about 1.5 feet above the rim when he layed it up

Let's be blunt here, if Pons knew where he was on that curl he could've dunked that and had room to cover easily. His arm was about 1.5 feet above the rim when he layed it up

I think that Pons needs to settle down just a little bit. A nice, simple layup is so much better than missing a low percentage, monster highlight dunk. That one was more on Daniel for forcing it though.

Four plays that stood out to me on Pons and Walker.

-The two instances where Pons curled hard off the screen and got a layup or was fouled.

-Pons quickly swinging to Walker who threw a great entry pass to grant who had the angle on his man.

-Pons hustling to the sideline in the first half and hitting the ball off the Miss State player.

Reactions: 1 person
He’s benefitting a great deal from the attention Williams is drawing...that’s not taking anything away from Schofield, I just think it has to be mentioned. As Chris mentioned, teams are gonna have to start picking their poison because simply doubling Williams everytime down is probably not going to be in their best interest going forward.

Schofield is more dangerous because not only can he post up or drive to the basket ,teams have to also guard him at the perimeter because he can knock down the 3. All SEC player IMO.

Reactions: 2 people
Where is djohnnyg to tell us how Rick Barnes is the late season fade artist, and he knew this was gonna happen because it happens every single year?

Asking for a friend. Thanks.

"Tennessee has 34 assists on its last 52 made field goals. Vols' team chemistry is on another level. Rick Barnes doing yeoman's work in Knoxville." -- Jon Rothstein

AUBURN would get the 1 seed by virtue of their H2H win, though.

UT has a good shot at winning it out right in my opinion. They have USC at home UT has UGA. Auburn is reeling on a 2 game skid Ut just beat the hottest team in the league by 20.:clapping:

UT has a good shot at winning it out right in my opinion. They have USC at home UT has UGA. Auburn is reeling on a 2 game skid Ut just beat the hottest team in the league by 20.:clapping:

Yeah, I think Auburn, at home, probably wins on Saturday. USCe has a recent H2H win over Auburn, but Auburn nearly pulled off the comeback last night in an atmosphere where I'm not sure many teams in the country could have won. Arkansas shot 10-19 from 3, and 52.5% overall to Auburn's 34.4%, and it was still a 9-point game.

USCe has still lost 7 of 9, and now they have to go to Auburn, where the Tigers have lost only one game this season. The chances aren't good for that upset, but we just need to take care of our business. I'm fine with a split championship.

The best regular season win totals of my lifetime......

1999-2000: 24-5
2007-2008: 28-3
2009-2010: 23-7

We have a chance to be 23-7 with a win on Saturday. Pretty dang awesome.

looked like we kept feeding the ball inside, consistently scoring around the room. i know feeding it inside has been a complaint from BtO, but looked like excellent execution last night.
36 points in the paint, and 25 points off the bench. excellent

looked like we kept feeding the ball inside, consistently scoring around the room. i know feeding it inside has been a complaint from BtO, but looked like excellent execution last night.

Oh last night was beautiful...instead of forcing it into grant we went to Walker/Schofield/Alexander...GW only had 3FGA and led the team with 4 assists. When we did dump it down to him he did a good job of making the correct pass.

There is a difference between feeding it inside and forcing it.

Take what the opponent gives you. I said last Saturday that Miss St. interior defense appeared weak/soft in my limited amount of watching them. They have length that they don't really use to their advantage, but they don't have much bulk, and we have plenty of it...another reason you saw Walker get extended minutes last night.

BTO's chief complaint was consistently forcing it into Grant when nothing was available, and him taking bad shots. He only had 3 attempts last night, so really, we just decided to beat them with other players. Schofield and Walker were just too quick and strong, and our guards found lanes and cuts for some easy layups.

Was that the season low 3 point attempts last night? Vols look elite when they are running their motion offense hard and not settling for 3 point shots. CRB must be gaining confidence in Pons. There's a chance he could really blossom soon.

Gotta feeling we will make a run in the tournament like the 2009-2010 team to the elite 8

Yeah, I think Auburn, at home, probably wins on Saturday. USCe has a recent H2H win over Auburn, but Auburn nearly pulled off the comeback last night in an atmosphere where I'm not sure many teams in the country could have won. Arkansas shot 10-19 from 3, and 52.5% overall to Auburn's 34.4%, and it was still a 9-point game.

USCe has still lost 7 of 9, and now they have to go to Auburn, where the Tigers have lost only one game this season. The chances aren't good for that upset, but we just need to take care of our business. I'm fine with a split championship.

Yeah, I'm not holding out a lot of hope that an SC team with little to play for will go into Auburn on the last day of the regular season and win.

We just need to take care of business against UGA.

VN Store

Back