BTO’s Mississippi State postgame report

According to Bob Kesling, ticket sales for Georgia are at 19,000 and counting so it should be a sellout Saturday night and Arkansas leads Auburn 52-42 at halftime.

Yeah, I wish Auburn hadn't hit that long three with less than second to go.

Great win. I will say, though, I've never seen a team miss as many layups and free throws as Mississippi State did tonight. Game is a lot closer without that.

durr.gif

Reactions: 5 people
I highly recommend the Taco Bell dollar menu.

Do you really? Since Hardee's put the double charbroiled sliders on the dollar menu between 2 and 5 PM, I became a Hardees devotee.

And about those Vol basketeers, they are all the way up. It's a fine tuned machine we saw tonight.

Tonight was some of the best execution I've ever seen from a UT bball team. Very impressive. We have a squad of tough player who are coachable, unselfish, have high basketball IQs and compliment each other well. Hats off to coach Barnes and these young men.

If we consistently get this kind of contribution from Pond and Walker then our ceiling is much higher. We have too many weapons for most opponents to deal with and can handle it if somebody has an off night because there are plenty of others to pick up the slack.

Also impressed with Jordan Bone. He has become a very effective floor general that plays with great pace and is a fantastic defender.

Reactions: 3 people
OP: “Schofield.... After posting a career high 25pts last game he comes out and scores 24pts and adds 7rbd tonight, he was phenomenal, he’s really blossoming into one heck of a player.”

Edit: “has blossomed into the best player on the team”

Last edited:
OP: “Schofield.... After posting a career high 25pts last game he comes out and scores 24pts and adds 7rbd tonight, he was phenomenal, he’s really blossoming into one heck of a player.”

Edit: “has blossomed into the best player on the team”

He’s benefitting a great deal from the attention Williams is drawing...that’s not taking anything away from Schofield, I just think it has to be mentioned. As Chris mentioned, teams are gonna have to start picking their poison because simply doubling Williams everytime down is probably not going to be in their best interest going forward.

SEC network showed a graphic today that the highest seed in the dance that Aubarn could get was a 1, and the lowest a 4. TN highest a 1 and lowest of 5. Thank you for the write up, always gets me pumped up, and well written. Seems to me, people talking about the sec tourney not meaning much, don't know much. Win out through ga and the tourney and see where our seeding goes..

Reactions: 2 people
Miss State scored 29 points in the last 30minutes of the game!

DEFENSE

Seemed like half our turnovers, half their offensive rebounds and half their fast break point were in those first 10 minutes. Point being, when we take care of the ball and limit teams offensive rebounds we are VERY good on both ends of the court.

Seemed like half our turnovers, half their offensive rebounds and half their fast break point were in those first 10 minutes. Point being, when we take care of the ball and limit teams offensive rebounds we are VERY good on both ends of the court.

Yes sir

Great win. I will say, though, I've never seen a team miss as many layups and free throws as Mississippi State did tonight. Game is a lot closer without that.

:loco:

Attachments

• 21232046_10154677823147821_7143099728571276544_n.jpg
    21232046_10154677823147821_7143099728571276544_n.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 179
Absolutely top-notch effort by the team on the road against an opponent with their hackles up. Keep your heads on and go one at a time. Great job Volunteers!!

VN Store

Back