BTO’s Mississippi State postgame report

Woo big souieee (or however you spell it).. Go Arkansas. Won't be comfortable even though they get a big lead.. Auburn is notorious for comebacks.

Reactions: 1 person
Offense was shakin tonite. Hope we see that later in march.
I was expecting a loss. Sweet Elation.

I wonder if we should just put a sticky and explain that if they tie it's still considered co-champs. Every thread has this explanation lately. Auburn would get the #1 seed as a benefit of a tiebreaker. That's it.

I agree; although I fully admit if the roles were reversed and we had the tiebreaker I'd probably say something like "Yeah but we won head to head so we're really the champs".

But since it's not reversed, screw 'em.

I’m coming into town for it

Any Tenn. fan within 2 hours of Knoxville should be at TBA Saturday night to show their appreciation for this team that was picked 13th and may very well be playing for an SEC Championship ( or Co-Championship) vs. UGA. Will be plenty of Tix on the street. $7 tix are available at the UT Ticket office

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Great win. I will say, though, I've never seen a team miss as many layups and free throws as Mississippi State did tonight. Game is a lot closer without that.

That is defense. Everyone at Ole Miss Saturday were talking about their poor shooting. Florida game was blamed on poor offensive output (and have been lights out since). At some point, it has to be attributed to some really good defense.

Reactions: 3 people
This team is tournament ready or close to it. Hitting stride just at the right moment. Schofield was gold. How about that left hand pivot shot by Walker with 15:00 min remaining? Tremendous ball movement vs a stingy D. Every player seemed to know his position and the substitutions flowed without a hint of a ripple. GBO!

I think we were down 25-17 midway through the first half. The UT defense was stifling for the remaining 30-odd minutes of the game.

And while this was nowhere near our highest point production of the season, it was probably the most well-executed game we have played offensively, because most of the offense went into the post, where bugs and guards were getting open with ease, and perimeter shots were sort of afterthoughts.

Late to the party tonight, had to take the wife out for her birthday. It was a tough decision to miss the game. Lol... Damn that defense will take us a long ways , we were the tougher team, it sounded like and scholfield is in beastmode...cant wait to watch the replay.

According to Bob Kesling, ticket sales for Georgia are at 19,000 and counting so it should be a sellout Saturday night and Arkansas leads Auburn 52-42 at halftime.

This team is tournament ready or close to it. Hitting stride just at the right moment. Schofield was gold. How about that left hand pivot shot by Walker with 15:00 min remaining? Tremendous ball movement vs a stingy D. Every player seemed to know his position and the substitutions flowed without a hint of a ripple. GBO!

Didn't Walker make three shots with his left hand? Not bad for a right handed freshman.

VN Store

Back