Briles to FSU

I question your thread placement OP, but I guess some were still hanging onto the hope he would come here. I think we all know that Pruitt’s focus was on recruiting first. You can get the best OC of all time in here, but if he doesn’t have the guys to stack up with his competition, it doesn’t mean much. Now that we got a lot of our guys, priority switches to OC. We will be fine, whoever it is, bc he now has something to work with and a glimpse into the future.
Well, FSU finished about even with us in recruiting (we are ranked a smidge higher because of total numbers - their average player ranking is higher) after having their absolute worst season in memory and nowhere near our facilities or budget, and they still landed their choice for OC. Would you say they were able to multi-task a little better than Prew?

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Well, FSU finished about even with us in recruiting (we are ranked a smidge higher because of total numbers - their average player ranking is higher) after having their absolute worst season in memory and nowhere near our facilities or budget, and they still landed their choice for OC. Would you say they were able to multi-task a little better than Prew?
Yeah I would say that unless we already have our guy.

This kinda reminds me of when Butch hired DeBord. Nobody liked the hire when it was announced, but he did a good job while he was here. I think Pruitt was more concerned about recruiting before the early signing period than hiring an OC. That's what he should have been doing in my opinion, because it wouldn't matter who he hired if he didn't upgrade the players. Still some guys out there to work on selling the program to that are game changers, but not as important to be recruiting now as it was then. He can do both now with the recruits left to sign in February and the OC hire.

Where did you read about this destitute program in Tallahassee? They’ve been living beyond their means! Maybe they should do a telethon to get those kids some uniforms.

I prefer an offense that doesn’t go off the tracks if the qb gets banged up. Maybe a system that a freshman can run who has been there a year. One trick pony chit, and gimmicks won’t fly long in the SEC.Dont believe me ? Ask Butch .
If Briles had been hired by UT you would be dancing in the street! Enough.

If Briles had been hired by UT you would be dancing in the street! Enough.

I would have been good with it, but not dancing in the streets good. His background wasn't a deal breaker for me, but there are still several possibilities I'll be just as good with that won't have the luggage.

I prefer an offense that doesn’t go off the tracks if the qb gets banged up. Maybe a system that a freshman can run who has been there a year. One trick pony chit, and gimmicks won’t fly long in the SEC.Dont believe me ? Ask Butch .
My God. Butch’s offenses were rarely the problem. Also, most offenses will suffer when you lose your starting QB.

My God. Butch’s offenses were rarely the problem. Also, most offenses will suffer when you lose your starting QB.
You even notice how folks defend Pruitt by saying he has to get better players, but then slam Butch by saying he was bailed out by the good players he recruited?

Reactions: CA_Vol
We were never going with a spread guy my Friends
At this point, I think your are right. He has to be looking to the NFL, but he seems to want a high level recruiter as well. How many NFL OCs have a history of recruiting prowess?

So Pruitt not naming an OC was supposed to ruin our class...like FSU having theirs locked up but not naming him actually did ruin theirs? 🤔
It actually did sink theirs. #2 QB bolted to NC bc they didn’t have one (his words). I think I’d rather wait and have a game changer in Briles than an unproven prospect. Same would go for Tn if he brings in a top notch OC.

I'll call that bet and raise you two more wins than them...:D

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!
🤔, what’s the bet here? I might want in on this. You are stating that UT has the better overall offense (total offense) AND that UT wins two more games than FSU next year? Parameters are if both don’t happen, you lose? I’ll take that 10 out if 10.

It’s not Tn vs FSU, it’s ACC vs SEC.

We interviewed and didnt offer, so i wouldnt go that far. Apparently mesh was poor with kb, much better with MY.

You even notice how folks defend Pruitt by saying he has to get better players, but then slam Butch by saying he was bailed out by the good players he recruited?
The final verdict on Butch came AFTER he had his players. Affording Pruitt at least the same courtesy.

You gotta know our coaches laugh at how stupid our fans are and how much they freak out over nothing. I’d love to be a fly on the wall in the meetings/conversations

Reactions: illvol

VN Store

Back