BOWL GAME - Belk / Music City / Liberty???

The payout is important, which nobody has mentioned. For the bowls we're eligible for Music City is the highest, so that's the bowl we want, especially since we'll have 90% of the fans there. Belk is the next highest payout, then Liberty and then Birmingham.

Reactions: 1 person
The payout is important, which nobody has mentioned. Music City is the highest, so that's the bowl we want, especially since we'll have 90% of the fans there. Belk is next, then Liberty and then Birmingham.

The payouts are all the same now on non playoff bowls and it all goes into a pot and divided evenly

SEC will determine bowl placements with input from the bowls and schools. If Hart is pushing for Belk and our location is better for Belk Bowl than many other options, I think we will end up in Charlotte.

Reactions: 2 people
Looks like these will be the bowls that WANT Tennessee. Tennessee is obviously a desirable invite as we haven't been to a bowl game since 2010 and travel well.

I tend to think that Belk Bowl will get the Vols as we are closest to Charlotte (outside of South Carolina who is spiraling downward). SEC West teams are closer to Memphis and even Nashville, so it seems like the bowls will look at that when deciding.

I think we will start hearing rumors all week about which bowl it will be because SEC should get 2 in the Playoff or Invite Bowl Games...Bama and either Mizzou or Miss St in the playoff.

Interested in other thoughts?

Belk Bowl - Charlotte - Dec. 30 @ 6:30pm vs. ACC
Potential Opponent Based on Projections - Notre Dame, Louisville, Duke

Music City Bowl - Nashville - Dec. 30 @ 3pm vs. ACC or Big Ten
Potential Opponent Based on Projections - Louisville, Notre Dame, Miami

Liberty Bowl - Memphis - Dec. 29 @ 2pm vs. Big 12
Potential Opponent Based on Projections - Texas, WVU

Music City vs. Notre Dame 1st choice best bowl of the 3.

Belk Bowl vs. UNC. 2nd choice rematch for the hose job 3 yrs ago.

Liberty vs. Texas 3rd choice crap hole in Memphis but would be a great match up!

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

I think maybe music city or belk.. vs duke.. or miami.. ND was terrible today. but I dont think we want to play them in a month.

I personally think from the list of projected teams that a Texas game would be the most likely that we could be competitive

Ive got reservations in all 3 places so far.Im pulling for Liberty.Tunica here I come

All too far for me and I don't have the clothes. I'll just wait til next year when we will be playing in Sunny Florida.

Texas @ Liberty Bowl. I want a piece of the other UT. And I swore I'd never go the Music City Bowl again after that serious cluster of a screwjob in 2010.

Have a feeling it will be the Belk bowl. Hart is really pushing for this game.

Independence please, my city (Texarkana, TX) is 1-2 hours away from Shreveport.

I want the opponent to be a ****ty team we can stomp on. I don't want a hardfought bowl appearance to go down to the wire.

If Alabama loses tonight, the SEC will not get a team into the playoff which means that UT will not get into the first six bowl placements imo.

Based on our performance today it should be the Liberty Bowl. I heard a radio interview in Nashville this past week, that the MCB folks are looking to upgrade the SEC teams coming to NAshville. I think they will chase a 7 to 8 game winner SEC team. They said they have substantially raised the price of their tickets in order to give a larger payout. I don't think they would be doing this and chase a team that barely made it to 6 wins.

VN Store

Back