BOWL GAME - Belk / Music City / Liberty???

Ive got reservations in all 3 places so far.Im pulling for Liberty.Tunica here I come

Ditto!!!! I really want a shot at ND or Texas either game is winnable and would be a HUGE help in recruiting and pressers!:thumbsup:

Stuff to really consider.

(1) The SEC works with the bowls to set the matchups.
(2) With Miss State and it appears Alabama ready to lose, this could/will greatly effect bowl matchups

so instead of getting 2 or 1 team in the playoff, those teams will now have to squeeze into the bowl contracts.

So every team after them will start shifting down. So the MCB may get a 7 or 8 win team instead of a 6-win Tennessee team.

This unfortunately may mean a game in Legionnaires Disease Memorial Stadium in squalortown Birmingham.

If Alabama loses tonight or next week, I can't imagine the MCB would be able to get Tennessee with better teams ahead in pecking order than SEC will protect.

Reactions: 1 person
Of the teams being mentioned to play, WVU would be the worse matchup for us, IMO. I don't think we can compete with WV.

Reactions: 2 people
Of the teams being mentioned to play, WVU would be the worse matchup for us, IMO. I don't think we can compete with WV.

Texas and Notre Dame are both storied programs that are down like us. It's a good opportunity to play one of them, and I hope Slive gives us an opportunity.

Reactions: 2 people
I want a team that will give us some competition but isn't too hard to beat. Texas and ND would be fun.

Stuff to really consider.

(1) The SEC works with the bowls to set the matchups.
(2) With Miss State and it appears Alabama ready to lose, this could/will greatly effect bowl matchups

so instead of getting 2 or 1 team in the playoff, those teams will now have to squeeze into the bowl contracts.

So every team after them will start shifting down. So the MCB may get a 7 or 8 win team instead of a 6-win Tennessee team.

This unfortunately may mean a game in Legionnaires Disease Memorial Stadium in squalortown Birmingham.

If Alabama loses tonight or next week, I can't imagine the MCB would be able to get Tennessee with better teams ahead in pecking order than SEC will protect.

UGA, Bama, LSU, A&M, Mizzou, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Arky, Auburn, and South Carolina all suck

Reactions: 3 people
whichever town has recruits we want the most in the '15 and '16 classes. main thing is we are going bowling. FINALLY.

Got the same request and here are the choices:

Liberty
Music City
Belk
Birmingham
Texas
Shreveport
Outback
Citrus

Would love a Florida bowl but I still wanna play Texas or ND.. :good!:

Well the SEC has 11 bowl eligible teams (counting that Bama holds on and makes playoff). The sec has 10 bowl tie in games so one team could be left out. Saw this on the 247 boards. Could be us but probably USCjr if someone is left out.

Well the SEC has 11 bowl eligible teams (counting that Bama holds on and makes playoff). The sec has 10 bowl tie in games so one team could be left out. Saw this on the 247 boards. Could be us but probably USCjr if someone is left out.

It'd probably be the smallest market 6-6 team...so between UT, UF, USCe, and Arkansas...probably Arkansas if that were to happen.

But you're also not counting the the fact that another SEC team could be placed in either the Fiesta, Peach, or Fiesta bowls by the committee.

Reactions: 1 person
Liberty has been wanting us since it became an SEC tie in bowl again. Plus, a Tennessee-Texas matchup is the most intriguing.

For some reason I really want to beat Charlie Strong... Like really Really badly!!

Lol

Thanks!

It'd probably be the smallest market 6-6 team...so between UT, UF, USCe, and Arkansas...probably Arkansas if that were to happen.

But you're also not counting the the fact that another SEC team could be placed in either the Fiesta, Peach, or Fiesta bowls by the committee.
Agreed but that may not be so likely. I'm just taking into account our tie ins.

Belk = clothing store... out
Liberty = suits our Volunteer name
Music City = popular fight song and have become popular for 3rd down for what.

So I'm torn between the last 2.

VN Store

Back