BOWL GAME - Belk / Music City / Liberty???

abrowni0

Looks like these will be the bowls that WANT Tennessee. Tennessee is obviously a desirable invite as we haven't been to a bowl game since 2010 and travel well.

I tend to think that Belk Bowl will get the Vols as we are closest to Charlotte (outside of South Carolina who is spiraling downward). SEC West teams are closer to Memphis and even Nashville, so it seems like the bowls will look at that when deciding.

I think we will start hearing rumors all week about which bowl it will be because SEC should get 2 in the Playoff or Invite Bowl Games...Bama and either Mizzou or Miss St in the playoff.

Interested in other thoughts?

Belk Bowl - Charlotte - Dec. 30 @ 6:30pm vs. ACC
Potential Opponent Based on Projections - Notre Dame, Louisville, Duke

Music City Bowl - Nashville - Dec. 30 @ 3pm vs. ACC or Big Ten
Potential Opponent Based on Projections - Louisville, Notre Dame, Miami

Liberty Bowl - Memphis - Dec. 29 @ 2pm vs. Big 12
Potential Opponent Based on Projections - Texas, WVU

Reactions: 2 people
Not liberty. I need to be able to make a day trip out of it and be back the next day by 1 or 2.

I'd go to the music city, think about the Belk but watch the liberty from my couch.

Reactions: 2 people
I hope Liberty. Purely because I'd love to only have to drive 20 minutes to get to a UT game.

Reactions: 7 people
I'm guessing Liberty.

Because if location/distance to fan base is a major factor, I'm not sure how the SEC front office doesn't make a heavy push for Missouri in the Music City Bowl (especially since the other bowls aren't going to be the ones making the push for them).

Just a question: who will drive over 100 miles to go to our bowl game? To me, that is a measuring stick. Belk is closest to me.

Hopefully we get the MCB that way most Vol fans that want to go watch, can. Otherwise, the longer drive and all the extra money spent going to the other two possible bowl games could come as a deterrent to many.

VN Store

Back