Beverly Davenport Speaks...

Twitter

“I deeply regret the events of yesterday for everyone involved. The university remains steadfast in its commitment to excellence, and I look forward to John Currie continuing the search...”

Mods feel free to merge with my Currie thread and update title to include this update.

And when you continue that search maybe take a damn clue with you, and certainly adult supervision. If you can find one in the AD.

Reactions: 1 person
What he accomplished at Rutgers was pretty impressive. His style didn't fly in the NFL.

Still, not what UT needs at this point.
I'm not finding anything impressive about 28-48 in the Big Least. Nothing. Zilch. Nada.

BTW in a former job I had to issue vacancy notices for various positions, which were published to a wide workforce. In there was some defining criteria, i.e. the applicant had to have a, b, c to qualify/submit, and it listed x, y, z as preferred skills or accomplishments as further factors for consideration.

So what does this HC vacancy notice look like? What does it say? I mean it's a public university, yes? I understand they may not be obligated to share all that with us but you mean to tell me Schiano qualified??? Wow.

And yes, sometimes we got NO qualifying applicants at a given time, so we did the best we could until someone did, or we took a different approach to the issue.

Currie's already told us loud and clear that he can't cut it.

Chancellor Davenport, and anybody else who's choosing Currie as their hill to die on, is also saying loud and clear that they can't cut it either.

WE have to power to force their resignations.

PUT ON MORE STEAM!

Any time you see the words "I deeply regret...." you can be sure it was written by a herd of attorneys and has zero percent sincerity.

"I deeply regret" means....
1) I take no responsibility
2) my idea was good, you just didnt understand it
3) I did nothing wrong
4) You are the problem because of the way you received it.

This "statement" by Davenport is condescending and patronizing to the extreme. It is a legalise way of showing a hunge middle finger to the fans and should be clearly seen as such

Reactions: 2 people
“I deeply regret the events of yesterday for everyone involved. The fan base remains steadfast in its commitment to excellence, and I look forward to John Currie getting fired for this breach in trust.

Had she said anything more than that, she'd have nothing left to hedge. She's being stupid though--her only move was to fire him. Now she's on the block with him.

This sounds like another "oops, sorry, our fans need to learn their place" statements out of our ridiculous and incompetent administration.

so she is claiming that she didnt sign the MOU AFTER giving currie a vote of confidence?

good lord

BTW in a former job I had to issue vacancy notices for various positions, which were published to a wide workforce. In there was some defining criteria, i.e. the applicant had to have a, b, c to qualify/submit, and it listed x, y, z as preferred skills or accomplishments as further factors for consideration.

So what does this HC vacancy notice look like? What does it say? I mean it's a public university, yes? I understand they may not be obligated to share all that with us but you mean to tell me Schiano qualified??? Wow.

And yes, sometimes we got NO qualifying applicants at a given time, so we did the best we could until someone did, or we took a different approach to the issue.

This. Maybe you don't get the perfect candidate. Usually you don't. So you find the best candidate that isn't the wrong candidate.

You don't find the wrong candidate then blame your customers for being angry about the product.

Did everyone see Gov Haslam weighed on on the issue...? One guess who he supported on the problem.

His brother is keeping the Browns and the Vols down.... he decimates the state government. Smh!

https://www.google.com/amp/wate.com/2017/11/27/gov-haslam-weighs-in-on-near-hire-of-greg-schiano/amp/

Last edited:

VN Store

Back