Beverly Davenport Speaks...

Hold up...

18ZQ1aL.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
If I were a head coach I wouldn't want to work under Currie at this point.

He might be fired at the end of this.

Reactions: 1 person
When we start calling for Haslam to step away from the program then maybe we can start making some progress. Anything else is chasing our tails

Reactions: 8 people
When we start calling for Haslam to step away from the program then maybe we can start making some progress. Anything else is chasing our tails

Until the Haslams are PUBLICALLY called out and denounced by media and fans, nothing will change.

Reactions: 8 people
I look forward to John Currie continuing the search............

For employment

Polish up zee old resume too Bev; your signature was on that MOU.

Reactions: 2 people
Then why try to hire Greg Schiano who isn't an excellent coach?

What he accomplished at Rutgers was pretty impressive. His style didn't fly in the NFL.

Still, not what UT needs at this point.

Last edited:
There are a few things that need to happen at this point.

1. Remove both Davenport and Currie.
2. Ban the Haslam losers from any further association with the University of Tennessee
3. Appoint Phil Fulmer as interim athletic director - with a lifetime and formal senior advisory role (as long as he wants it to ensure this kind of crap never happens again).
4. Allow Fulmer to make the head coach hire
5. Hire a new athletic director in the next year or so.

Reactions: 4 people
What he accomplished at Rutgers was pretty impressive. His style didn't fly in the NFL.

IT really wasn't outside if one remarkable year. Look at his actual career wins and who they were against. If you're loading until your OOC with games like Citadel and directional schools of course your record will be better. He made a crappy team mediocre and had one exceptional year.

She clearly lacks the leadership to handle this type of responsibility. I can't believe Joe would let her handle something of this magnitude with a tweet....where is the leadership?

Still, not what UT needs at this point.

Agreed.

But I would have said Butch Jones' accomplishments at Central Michigan and Cincinnati were more impressive.

The AD is making out like Schiano was someone fans should have been thrilled for.

Twitter

“I deeply regret the events of yesterday for everyone involved. The university remains steadfast in its commitment to excellence, and I look forward to John Currie continuing the search...”

Mods feel free to merge with my Currie thread and update title to include this update.

The fact that she is still going to employee Currie says all we need to know about her also. She can leave too.

Have you contacted the President or Lady Davenport?

Call and email President DiPietro.

Tel: 865-974-2241
Fax: 865-974-3753

@UTPresidentJoe on Twitter
President Joe DiPietro on Facebook

Executive Assistant to the President
David Golden
dgolden@tennessee.edu

Beverly Davenport @ChancellorDav twitter
chancellor@utk.edu email
865-974-3265 phone

Twitter

“I deeply regret the events of yesterday for everyone involved. The university remains steadfast in its commitment to excellence, and I look forward to John Currie continuing the search...”

Mods feel free to merge with my Currie thread and update title to include this update.

Pure...PR...horse****! Can ANYONE in this administration just talk to us!?!?

VN Store

Back