Beverly Davenport Speaks...

This fish is rotting from the head down. UT has a weak President awaiting retirement who has presided over the whole series of blunders since 2011.

DiPietro also sits on the BOT that serves as a sanctuary for influential boosters.

The best possible scenario would be to have the institution itself disassociate itself from the Haslam family including making it crystal clear that Bill will never ascend to the presidency as planned. Replace DiPietro, Davenport, and Currie. Dismiss the current BOTs to be reappointed by a new school administration completely free from the power of the Haslams or any boosters who intend their contributions to buy political influence and power over the university in any capacity.

This dysfunctional leadership has resulted in this nightmare scenario. I don't see how it can be denied.

Reactions: 2 people
Twitter

“I deeply regret the events of yesterday for everyone involved. The university remains steadfast in its commitment to excellence, and I look forward to John Currie continuing the search...”

Mods feel free to merge with my Currie thread and update title to include this update.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Gotta feel good with Currie leading the charge right? If any of your embarrassed your employer on a national stage as Currie did yesterday, do you think you would be welcomed back for round two?

There is no captain of this ship. Just gutless, tone deaf lackeys who do the bidding of the Haslam cartel.

What he accomplished at Rutgers was pretty impressive. His style didn't fly in the NFL.

Still, not what UT needs at this point.

68-67 in the Big Least and getting utterly destroyed by a Butch Jones lead Cincinnati team?

Awesomely impressive!

I hate Twitter but I may get an account just so I can call these people asshats.. Wish I could get a job where I got paid hundreds of thousands of dollars and my on the job performance didnt matter in the least..

It takes more than a morning to fire someone at that level. You barely have enough time to review their contract with the lawyers if you are the Board of Trustees, and they might be the problem anyway.

She won't get fired, her post is primarily for academics of the campus. This isn't a scandal that can get her. It will all be on Currie.

Just like coach is responsible, for his assistant coaches, what happens on the field or that his assistants do ...

So is Chancellor Davenport responsible for her hires. And she hired Currie, and she evidently DID NOT spend any of her own time vetting Shiano. There are SO MANY articles out there berating him as a BS'er azzhole she has NO DEFENSE.

This is too funny.

Reactions: 1 person
I am looking forward to the day when Tennessee Legislative Investigators arrive at your office with subpoenas and search warrants.

Fire both these dumb asses then.

It’s obvious they are completely out of touch with the desires of the fan base and needs of the athletic department.

Reactions: 3 people
What he accomplished at Rutgers was pretty impressive. His style didn't fly in the NFL.

Still, not what UT needs at this point.

Exactly what was said about CBJ… “impressive” is what Mullen did at a turd like State in the SEC West …

Twitter

“I deeply regret the events of yesterday for everyone involved. The university remains steadfast in its commitment to excellence, and I look forward to John Currie continuing the search...”

Mods feel free to merge with my Currie thread and update title to include this update.

Really? Uck .........$&@&&@@!

What a joke. So the same AD who thought that we would be thrilled with Schiano now thinks that we are so dumb that we will just accept Currie after he makes the new hire and put it behind us? It's clear where Currie stands and he has to go.

Reactions: 2 people
If there is a war brewing, it is going to be big, expensive, and explosive. Sheesh.

... too soon?

Infighting isn't gonna help one bit, fire the entire existing admin and hire Tennessee people with a commitment to make Tennessee the best it can be in every aspect. Everyone must be on the same page. Pretty sure we have Tennesseans with the experience and credentials to fill those positions. :twocents:

From Currie's press release statement...

I am grateful for your patience as our search for the next leader for the Tennessee football program continues, and I look forward to making that introduction soon."

Purge the administration. When there’s a cancer in the body, you cut it out. ALL of it. It’s the only answer

VN Store

Back