Awaka to the portal

I believe the staff saw all they need from JP in tournament especially since he didn't shy away from Edey . They know his upside is much better than Tobe. Tobe understands why not cash in somebody will be willing to give me big bucks. In CHRIST Alone

Since it's a different world now with the portal and disrespect players cause to their program, honestly he isn't that good, he couldn't guard anyone in the tournament and lacks many many offensive tools and looks completely lost and out of place alot of the time , let him go and play elsewhere and be someone else's problem. Not going to sugarcoat the two way street. I also heard from a reliable source he is drama in the locker room. Good riddance bud and merry Christmas to you

This you? Talking about Awaka shutting down the player of the year...

Awaka shutting down the giant cheater

Let Aidoo come in and rack up the fouls to save Awaka

Reactions: Jravol78
Lol no he is not, any person that thinks we are unwilling to spend NIL in basketball because we didn’t want to pay these players who left have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.
SF been bringing us the low down since before you joined……just keep scrolling if you don’t want to listen.

Well I was wrong. I said 1 to 2 weeks ago that Awaka to the portal was crazy because of his relationship with ZZ. WRONG

I don't think Awaka could ever play a 40 minute game. Love his relentless effort but he has never figured out how to read the referees. There other player that play relentless like him but they know when to hold and to fold them. His fouling aptitude has never got any better not sure if anyone can coach that out of him. I don't think he will ever be a player that basically plays the whole game or average 32+minutes. A player always getting in foul trouble puts a coach and a team in a box you're relying on him but you can't really. JMO , I hope he does well wherever he ends up, he seems like just a top notch individual.
Tobe’s biggest asset (hustle) is also his biggest weakness. He gets in foul trouble trying to make plays that often aren’t there. Occasionally he makes a great hustle play that you don’t see how he did it. I wish him well but he’s gotta find a way to channel his energy to protect his playing time.

Reactions: Vols All Day
I was thinking the same thing. At the end of the day Awaka is still a 6-7center on a roster with two 6-11 centers on it. Unless he was gonna show up for preseason camp with a handle and a perimeter jumper out of nowhere this is not that big of a surprise.
Agree, but I was hoping for an off season of shoring up a 15 ft jumper. He has improved a ton at the line, displaying a soft, smooth release. No reason that can't turn into a jumper from that range. Well, it will be elsewhere if it happens. Good luck to him

I agree with your statement overall, but not sure one can "find an aggressive mindset". My concern is that the lack of aggression is not fixable in Aidoo's case. We need a center with a mindset somewhere between Plavsic and Aidoo.
If Barnes get after him in the right way, he maybe could make him more assertive in the lane.

Haha. You should’ve used your own advice prior to the last 15 posts you made.

Lol I saved you guys from turbovol, and a host of other “vol” fans who like the attention their posts receive from a false narrative that could have easily happened if I didn’t essentially disagree with the premise of Stoener’s post that had no context.

Honestly you all should be thanking me…

Since it's a different world now with the portal and disrespect players cause to their program, honestly he isn't that good, he couldn't guard anyone in the tournament and lacks many many offensive tools and looks completely lost and out of place alot of the time , let him go and play elsewhere and be someone else's problem. Not going to sugarcoat the two way street. I also heard from a reliable source he is drama in the locker room. Good riddance bud and merry Christmas to you
You serious, Clark?

Probably unlikely, but couldn't Awaka exit the portal if he doesn't find something that he likes?
If the spot were still available maybe, but I can't see UT waiting on a player unless it's someone super talented like a Knecht. I wouldn't. Any player who enters the portal forfeits his scholarship IMO.

Reactions: Just a VolinTears
Tobe will be a really good player at the mid major level, or even a smaller power 5 school without much fire power. Great rebounder, good tenacity, and can compete with guys with 2+ inches on him. He can score when called upon as long as its not against a 7 footer. I could see resembling Oscar Tsiebwe if he can avoid the fouls and stay on the floor for a bulk of minutes.

But at the end of the day, to make a serious push in the NCAA tourney, you need 7ft+ big men. It's clear as day. Otherwise, you won't get over the hump.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I can sure understand why a 70 year old coach who prides himself on developing relationships would decide to retire if several of the players he’s grown to love are being poached by other teams.
That's always an option for a guy like Barnes. If we have some success in the portal again and win 25+ games again, he's more like staying than retiring. He's in great physical condition and of an extremely sound mind. The motivation seems to be there, which is probably the most important factor for him at this point in his career. He can coach another 5 years to my liking

VN Store

Back