Available Coaches

I am just going to throw out some names that have great winning records at their current schools.

David Shaw (Stanford), Gary Patterson (TCU), Bronco Mendenhall (BYU), Kyle Wittingham (Utah), Bill Snyder (KState), Mike Gundy (OK State) and Tommy Tuberville (Texas Tech)

Which would you guys like to see in orange the most, if any?

**These are not "available" coaches, just some in the top 50 active winning records and some I think we could pull.

Snyder bleeds purple dust

Reactions: 2 people
I am just going to throw out some names that have great winning records at their current schools.

David Shaw (Stanford), Gary Patterson (TCU), Bronco Mendenhall (BYU), Kyle Wittingham (Utah), Bill Snyder (KState), Mike Gundy (OK State) and Tommy Tuberville (Texas Tech)

**These are not "available" coaches, just some in the top 50 active winning records and some I think we could pull.

Bill may be too young...IMO

Reactions: 6 people
People seem to forget Tressel is still serving a show cause penalty for his part in the OSU scandal. He can't coach for at least another three years.

Reactions: 3 people
He owns Texas though. It'd be nice to own Florida like that.

Texas is nothing more than a media darling due to their big recruiting base and all of the media markets.... E'ff em. They have had one great year in like 30 years, and a few good ones due to playing in the modified pac 12 style ball big 12.

Texas is nothing more than a media darling due to their big recruiting base and all of the media markets.... E'ff em. They have had one great year in like 30 years, and a few good ones due to playing in the modified pac 12 style ball big 12.

before 2010 Texas has pretty much been a good team every year. Sooo yeahhh.

Bill Snyder is like 80 years old brother......Commish

Looking at the coaches that I listed I believe Shaw, Patterson and Snyder are all locked in on their programs. I do not know much about Mendenhall, Wittingham but they have good records, which they do play in weak leagues. That leaves Tommy and Gundy, which I really prefer neither.

I like the Tressel idea, he obviously can win and without that incident he is probably still at OSU. Gruden is another one I like but a long shot I believe.

Peterson- 4.25 million
Patterson- 4.25 million
Strong- 3.5 million
Smart- 2.25 million
Fulmer- 2.10 million -NO
Holgerson- 3.50 million -NO (PR Disaster, perfect for WVU)
Bielema- 3.35 million -NO (won't leave)
Petrino- 3.25 million -NO
Berry- 2.0 million ??

That would at least be a start of calls to make.

Mike Riley (Oregon St)
Willie Taggert (WKU)

VN Store

Back