Available Coaches

Orange&White

I know its a long shot, but since we all are taking the loss with a grain of salt, who is available that would consider UT?

I know obviously Gruden is the main guy but what other realistic options do we even have?

Some coaches are currently employed, some coaches are currently unemployed, but they are all available.

Reactions: 6 people
As an OSU fan as well as UT. I would say tressel maybe? At least he can recruit and win I would hate to take another protege or up and comer. We need wins or this AD is going to look like our economy

Reactions: 2 people
As an OSU fan as well as UT. I would say tressel maybe? At least he can recruit and win I would hate to take another protege or up and comer. We need wins or this AD is going to look like our economy

The sweater vest. Well at least if the players did something wrong he would let them play. :eek:lol:

Reactions: 1 person
Lance Guidry,Philip Montgomery,Chad Morris,Bob Diaco,Kirby Smart,Mark Stoops,Brent Pease,Bud Foster lots of guys that could come in and do better than Dooley

Reactions: 1 person
Who to hope for but very unlikely:
1. Gruden
2. Caroll

Realistic:
Kirby Smart (Ugh)
Dan Mullen
Charlie Strong
Gus Malzhan
Western KY coach...(UGGHHHH)

Anyone else?

I would 100% support that.

Peterson- 4.25 million
Patterson- 4.25 million
Strong- 3.5 million
Smart- 2.25 million
Fulmer- 2.10 million
Holgerson- 3.50 million
Bielema- 3.35 million
Petrino- 3.25 million
Berry- 2.0 million

That would at least be a start of calls to make.

I am just going to throw out some names that have great winning records at their current schools.

David Shaw (Stanford), Gary Patterson (TCU), Bronco Mendenhall (BYU), Kyle Wittingham (Utah), Bill Snyder (KState), Mike Gundy (OK State) and Tommy Tuberville (Texas Tech)

Which would you guys like to see in orange the most, if any?

**These are not "available" coaches, just some in the top 50 active winning records and some I think we could pull.

A lot of people say he wouldn't come, but Gruden would be my guy.

People argue that he's a crappy coach that got fired in the NFL. That's true, but he has a Super Bowl ring, and that's a great recruiting tool. He's also on Monday Night Football, which is a great recruiting tool. He knows what NFL talent looks like, which is a great recruiting tool. He also evaluates quarterbacks for ESPN, in his very own segment, which is a great recruiting tool.

If Gruden were hired he'd bring the elite talent here, which honestly is about 80% or more of the battle. He would need to hire a decent staff, but given his connections, that shouldn't be too hard. The only concern is how expensive it would be. Need Thunder and Big Jim to really help us here.

Reactions: 3 people
I am just going to throw out some names that have great winning records at their current schools.

David Shaw (Stanford), Gary Patterson (TCU), Bronco Mendenhall (BYU), Kyle Wittingham (Utah), Bill Snyder (KState), Mike Gundy (OK State) and Tommy Tuberville (Texas Tech)

Which would you guys like to see in orange the most, if any?

**These are not "available" coaches, just some in the top 50 active winning records and some I think we could pull.

All the coaches you named...No no no. If it had to be one, Patterson.

VN Store

Back