Available Coaches

Need to look at Mark Dantonio, MSU: This guy went to South Carolina so he knows the region and has Michigan State winning. A tough job for anyone, including the darling Nick Saban. Dantonio has had two 11 win seasons there in six years, Saban never had one 11 win season at Michigan State. Once Saban had his first 10 win season, he left MSU. Believe me, if Dantonio can recruit kids to East Lansing, he can recruit kids to Tennessee. And the guy was a defensive mastermind at OSU which would work out well in the SEC.

AP:

Mark Dantonio, Michigan State (6 years)
Alma Mater: South Carolina (1976-78)
Overall Record: 62-39 (9 years)
If Brady Hoke is the top coach in the Legends Division, Dantonio is really 1B. In six seasons in East Lansing, Dantonio has turned the Spartans from underachiever to Big Ten title contender. The Spartans won 22 games through his first three years, but has posted back-to-back seasons of 11 victories. And there’s one more feather in the cap for Dantonio and Michigan State to brag about – the Spartans own a four-game winning streak over rival Michigan. Dantonio has yet to lead Michigan State to a Rose Bowl appearance, but with the program on the right track, it’s only a matter of time before the Spartans make the trek to Pasadena. Dantonio’s success isn’t just limited to Michigan State, as he posted an 18-17 record in three years with Cincinnati and led the Bearcats to two bowl trips. Dantonio seems to be a perfect fit at Michigan State and should keep this program among the best in the Big Ten as long as he sticks around in East Lansing.

I might be alone in this, but I would be really excited about the potential of Gundy.[/QUOTE/]

Okay, I spoke to my dad again this weekend. He says it seems there is now movement afoot to keep Mr. Dooley. The Gruden talk has actually gone cold. No one has heard anything, and if they have, they are keeping quiet. He also said the Fulmer talk was squashed a few weeks ago. Possibly for A.D. he says if Hart fails in a few years. But we'll have to see about that.

It also appears that the Gundy camp is "open" to listening to an offer. The same for get this... Terry Bowden. I don't know if anyone else has heard this or not. But if so, could make the Grudenites push for a little more $$. And could make for an interesting off season. Dad doesn't believe there will be any announcement until after the regular season... Unless there is a loss along the way. In that case, there will be an interim coach.

Later.

M

I would maybe consider Bowden. He was el fuego with Auburn he knows what he is doing.

I say if we go with an assistant coach we get a NFL assistant with head coaching experience. Like Dom Capers or Josh McDaniels
Thoughts???
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I might be alone in this, but I would be really excited about the potential of Gundy.[/QUOTE/]

Okay, I spoke to my dad again this weekend. He says it seems there is now movement afoot to keep Mr. Dooley. The Gruden talk has actually gone cold. No one has heard anything, and if they have, they are keeping quiet. He also said the Fulmer talk was squashed a few weeks ago. Possibly for A.D. he says if Hart fails in a few years. But we'll have to see about that.

It also appears that the Gundy camp is "open" to listening to an offer. The same for get this... Terry Bowden. I don't know if anyone else has heard this or not. But if so, could make the Grudenites push for a little more $$. And could make for an interesting off season. Dad doesn't believe there will be any announcement until after the regular season... Unless there is a loss along the way. In that case, there will be an interim coach.

Later.

M

Update:

Spoke with my dad again today after hearing the news about Dooley (todays announcement pretty much confirmed what dad told me last time we spoke, the interim coach thing has been squashed though)...

He says that talks with Gundy camp were abruptly ended. It seems that a little birdie whispered to the powers that be, that Gundy was using the talks to try to get more $$$ from OSU and had no intention of going anywhere.

Dad has heard nothing on Gruden for a couple of weeks. Could be good, could be bad. Again, the grapevine is very tight lipped about JG.

Terry Bowden's name is still being thrown around. He thinks that Bowden could possibly be a sort of "double-secret" contingency plan. Word is that talks are still open, but that's all he's got on that one.

He has heard Charlie Strong mentioned also (my dad is old... He had no idea who Strong is, lol), but the worry is that he may not be the right fit in the sec at this point in his career and they don't want make another mistake. Never know though.

Finally, he said that is all the new info he has heard. But, he said whomever we get will be a big fish. Boosters are demanding it, or they will walk. Possibly taking their $$ to Vanderbilt and MTSU as they are programs on the rise and going in the RIGHT direction.

I'll let you guys know if I hear anything else. I usually talk to pops once a week or so.

I would post in the Gruden thread, but stuff just gets lost in there so fast and I can't keep up in that thread, lol.

Later,

M

Sal Sunseri isnt a good DC, not for UT, wouldnt be for UTC, wouldnt be for UTM, wouldnt be for UT Medical even if they fielded a team. What were we thinking?

Update:

Spoke with my dad again today after hearing the news about Dooley (todays announcement pretty much confirmed what dad told me last time we spoke, the interim coach thing has been squashed though)...

He says that talks with Gundy camp were abruptly ended. It seems that a little birdie whispered to the powers that be, that Gundy was using the talks to try to get more $$$ from OSU and had no intention of going anywhere.

Dad has heard nothing on Gruden for a couple of weeks. Could be good, could be bad. Again, the grapevine is very tight lipped about JG.

Terry Bowden's name is still being thrown around. He thinks that Bowden could possibly be a sort of "double-secret" contingency plan. Word is that talks are still open, but that's all he's got on that one.

He has heard Charlie Strong mentioned also (my dad is old... He had no idea who Strong is, lol), but the worry is that he may not be the right fit in the sec at this point in his career and they don't want make another mistake. Never know though.

Finally, he said that is all the new info he has heard. But, he said whomever we get will be a big fish. Boosters are demanding it, or they will walk. Possibly taking their $$ to Vanderbilt and MTSU as they are programs on the rise and going in the RIGHT direction.

I'll let you guys know if I hear anything else. I usually talk to pops once a week or so.

I would post in the Gruden thread, but stuff just gets lost in there so fast and I can't keep up in that thread, lol.

Later,

M

The above was posted on November 11. Tonight, the super secret society is out looking for moles in the VN jungle. From my perspective, a perfect fit for the "Rumors and Speculation" forum. Bravo!!:hi:

VN Store

Back