Austin Nichols to leave memphis

In spite of your program's bb success you still act paranoid and envious of UT. As a graduate of both schools I find it embarrassing.

I'm sorry you're embarrassed. I like UT, know several of the players and a lot of people in the AD/Thornton center and appreciate UT's basketball program immensely (especially under Barnes). There is nothing for you to be embarrassed about.

Where would he get better coaching at? Is Barnes not considered a top notch coach? Maybe not the elite of the elite, but very well respected coach nonetheless. He has coached several high draft choice big men too.

I was referring to Pastner, not Barnes.

@GaryParrishCBS: The other four schools I mentioned earlier that Austin Nichols will not be released to are Tennessee, Providence, Iowa and Virginia.

@GaryParrishCBS: According to @TheCAJasonSmith, Memphis is in a future tournament with Iowa, Providence and Virginia. So that’s the explanation there.

@GaryParrishCBS: What’s hilarious is Memphis denied Tennessee as a possible “future” opponent. But Memphis has also said it won’t schedule Tennessee.

@GaryParrishCBS: True story: Memphis initially sent Tennessee an email saying it can’t contact Austin Nichols because UT is a future opponent. Naturally …

@GaryParrishCBS: … UT responded by saying, “Um, no we’re not.” So Memphis sent another email saying UT is now simply on a “restricted” list. Just because.

Parrish just read the email on the air. They laughed. Memphis tried to say UT was a future opponent when they won't even play UT.

They also said that girlfriend has nothing to do with it. A friend of the girlfriend contacted Parrish and said they are on good terms and back together.

UT responded by saying, “Um, no we’re not.”

Tennessee screwed up responding. They should have gone on about their business and if AN signed with UT, then told tiger high, "you thought we were on your schedule, we're not so we signed the kid".

Regardless, I think its moot. He'll go to Duke or Kentucky.

Reactions: 1 person
UT responded by saying, “Um, no we’re not.”

Tennessee screwed up responding. They should have gone on about their business and if AN signed with UT, then told tiger high, "you thought we were on your schedule, we're not so we signed the kid".

Regardless, I think its moot. He'll go to Duke or Kentucky.

Um, that's not how this works.

I'm sorry you're embarrassed. I like UT, know several of the players and a lot of people in the AD/Thornton center and appreciate UT's basketball program immensely (especially under Barnes). There is nothing for you to be embarrassed about.

Let me clarify that I find the Memphis attitude a little embarrassing. I got both my undergraduate and graduate degrees from UT and attended Law School at then Memphis State and contribute to both schools. I know that will bring me some grief on here but I appreciate what both universities provided me. I just wished the UOM would step up a little and quit acting like a brat. MY Memphis State BB days were when Gene Bartow was there and he was the best coach I was ever around. He was one classy individual.

Um, that's not how this works.

Memphis would have lost in a court case. They clearly stated the reason they were blocking him and the reason was invalid. They wouldn't have had a leg to stand on due to their own mistake. Basic law 101. THATS how it works!

The sooner that Pastner is canned, the better. He was not ready to take over Memphis when he did.

Memphis would have lost in a court case. They clearly stated the reason they were blocking him and the reason was invalid. They wouldn't have had a leg to stand on due to their own mistake. Basic law 101. THATS how it works!

Now you've done it.

VN Store

Back