Austin Nichols to leave memphis

Neither did I, if we're being honest. But that doesn't make it any more acceptable. Sports are our last refuge from the racial rhetoric flooding our country today, and they should be, because in sports it doesn't matter what color you are if you can ball.

Yea not really.

Well, there are contracts and there are contracts. Much is dependent on the parties involved. Among other things, UVa isn't a mid-major in a weak basketball conference. It has never been a stepping stone. It is an elite academic school, in an elite basketball conference, with elite facilities. Bennett turned down offers from both Indiana and LSU before he accepted the position. Additionally, of those schools that could afford to lure him away, not many are interested in his style of play. They aren't good fits. Finally, he has a loaded roster returning next fall. Even with the departure of Justin Anderson, most analysts have Virginia as a pre-season Top 10 team, and the recruiting for 2016 is progressing very nicely. And the buy-out is what it is. If Bennett ever pursues another head coaching job, I imagine it will be in the NBA.

You're prob right but I assure you a redone contract with a higher buyout will have 0 effect on his decision. I personally hope he stays at UVA. I think he is the kind of person and coach that is a good for a lifetime type of coach. So we actually agree.

So he can go wherever he wants with no restrictions all of a sudden?? Something's up with the Memphis program...

It gives us a chance to land him. I'm surprised there's not a specific thread for this. Seems like pretty big news to me

It gives us a chance to land him. I'm surprised there's not a specific thread for this. Seems like pretty big news to me

Our chances are very very slim. Not enough optimism for it's own threat it appears

Virginia is done deal if the word in memphis is correct

Reactions: 2 people
Is this not essentially it's own thread?

We need several different threads........... possible to UT Rumor to Connecticut....... going to Virginia.............staying at Memphis State.......He had girlfriend problems.........He may have had a Confederate Flag in his room.........

Can never have enough threads.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back