Atlanta Braves II

Status
Not open for further replies.
They must want Livan so he will stop dominating them.

This was the first thing that ran through my head when I read about the signing. More along the lines of a snide comment than a legitimate reason......but he has had Atlanta's number.

That being said, he'll probably have about a 15 ERA for the Bravos.

So, we sign a spot starter while we still have huge question marks in LF, 3rd, and SS. Sounds good.

Not like they sunk $5 million into him. I kind of like the idea of veteran spot starter that can eat innings so the bullpen won't get fried.

Quick synopsis:

I used to be such a Braves fan that I could rattle off the bullpen in '93 as a 13-year old kid. Bedrosian, Stanton, Wohlers, and McMichael. (okay, so I'm missing a couple I think but that's beside the point)

The last few years, I've not only slipped as a Braves fan, but my baseball watching has diminished in general. I keep up with standings every now and then, and tune in to a few radio broadcasts but I want to get back to being a more loyal fan again.

I want to go to a few games this year, though, later this summer. Can anyone here give me a few reasons to be excited about this year's team, or are we expecting the hated Phils to separate themselves from the pack?

Can anyone here give me a few reasons to be excited about this year's team, or are we expecting the hated Phils to separate themselves from the pack?

ff_tomahawk_team_600.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

Last year, I went to a game against the Phillies and sat next to a guy from Philly who was contrasting the stadium experience in Atlanta vs. Philadelphia. During the 7th inning stretch I told him to prepare for culture shock . . . The look of complete glee on his face when they started playing John Denver and girls in booty shorts started dancing on the dugouts was worth the price of the ticket.

Livan makes sense.

This means Medlen and Martinez won't have to have their innings monitored day to day. You won't have to use them in spot starts and can let them completely focus on being a reliever and go out there 100%, instead of holding something back.

This also means that they give Gearrin a spot in the bullpen possibly instead of Flande, not that Medlen will be strictly a reliever. My bullpen:

Kimbrel
Venters
Medlen
O'Flaherty
Martinez
Gearrin
Hernandez

The only thing this team doesn't have is a LOOGY, but we don't need one with Venters, O'Flaherty, and Medlen.

Last year, I went to a game against the Phillies and sat next to a guy from Philly who was contrasting the stadium experience in Atlanta vs. Philadelphia. During the 7th inning stretch I told him to prepare for culture shock . . . The look of complete glee on his face when they started playing John Denver and girls in booty shorts started dancing on the dugouts was worth the price of the ticket.

Philly fans are always such curmudgeons.

Hernandez would have to win 20 games for the next 3 years to pay back the Braves for the past 15 years.

Livan, damn him, has ruined a many pitching gems by some great braves pitchers over the years. Smoltz will prolly refuse to shake his hand. :)

SportSouth (@SportSouth)
3/31/12 1:05 PM
Tommy Hanson was named as opening day starter. What do you want to see out of him opening day verses the Mets? #FSBraves

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back