Atlanta Braves II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot about that. Wow.

Yep, and it wasn't even close. He was unhittable that summer. The main reason he was drafted 7th overall. That's what gets me, he has it in him.. Just hasn't harnessed it. I watched the majority of his home games his freshman year at Vandy and he out pitched David Price on numerous occasions against the same lineups on Friday and Saturday games. Frustrating.

I've always liked him. Polished college lefties always go a little high, just like Ross Detwiler, but I've always been a fan of minor.

I guess if he's not up to it, its a fair trade off to have staff ace brandon beachy from the undrafted department.

I've always liked him. Polished college lefties always go a little high, just like Ross Detwiler, but I've always been a fan of minor.

I guess if he's not up to it, its a fair trade off to have staff ace brandon beachy from the undrafted department.

That's a good point. It is a crap shoot with prospects. Never can tell, I havent have up on Mike yet, I still think he will have a good career and pitch in the big leagues a long time but I am admittedly biased. Freaks like Strasburg who make the transition seamlessly make you forget how tough it is on young prospects.

That's a good point. It is a crap shoot with prospects. Never can tell, I havent have up on Mike yet, I still think he will have a good career and pitch in the big leagues a long time but I am admittedly biased. Freaks like Strasburg who make the transition seamlessly make you forget how tough it is on young prospects.

Exactly. Not everyone is gonna be that ace, and certainly not right away. Its easy to forget, especially when you see flashes. Same syndrome as "omg why are our freshman recruits not allworld yet?" that we see on this board at times.

I wonder who the braves, and Nats for that matter, will draft in about a week.

Exactly. Not everyone is gonna be that ace, and certainly not right away. Its easy to forget, especially when you see flashes. Same syndrome as "omg why are our freshman recruits not allworld yet?" that we see on this board at times.

I wonder who the braves, and Nats for that matter, will draft in about a week.

Law has Atlanta taking a toosly high school shortstop...thank God we might actually draft a high school prospect

Which one is it?

Tanner Rahier, from California. 6'2/205. Law has him as a potential "star" at shorstop if he can play the position.

I really would love to get a high school bat. It was so much fun to track Jason Heyward going through the minors.

Tanner Rahier, from California. 6'2/205. Law has him as a potential "star" at shorstop if he can play the position.

I really would love to get a high school bat. It was so much fun to track Jason Heyward going through the minors.

Sounds like a future third baseman, unless he has some Tulow in him.

Last edited:
The Ross injury put them in a major pickle and Chipper is the logical guy to get DL'd even though he probably only needs a few more days.

I don't get what is so perplexing here. Ross needs a few days and McCann is still sick and can't play everyday so you call up a third catcher for a couple of weeks. In the end, the extra week off probably helps Chipper anyway.

I just think that, as usual, the Braves are being too careless with their roster management. Ross is a backup who plays twice a week and never pinch hits. If he can't go, DL him and bring up Bethancourt, whom you need to see hit major league pitching anyway. As it is, they're now going to play an unknown number of games against the Nats and Cards effectively short two players.

Minor's HR/FB is 17.1%. Nearly 1 out of every 5 fly balls he gives up is a homer. Woooow that's bad.

Mike Minor gives up 2.04 HR/9IP. The league average is .96.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back