Are people going crazy because they think Oklahoma is a 8-5 football team?

I'll agree that your personality is "glass is half empty" but you also bring stubbornness along with it. No other way you can stick to you guns. Not all logic argued against you is wrong but you treat it that way.

When you decide CBJ made a bad call or calls then you will never say "you right, that possible fact about a player could be true". His call "could" have been warranted. No use in pointing out to you as its not a possibility of being true...... Why? Doesn't support your "personality" to be angry.

Alright, I'll put this to the test

You can find in my post history that I hated th DeBord hire. Thought it was Sunseri 2.0

Sharply criticized Butch for engaging in such ridiculous methods for hiring a critical position

I believe now that DeBord was a good hire. Really worked out. Great game planner. Needs to work on making late game adjustments, but loved the improvements in the offense

I was dead wrong. Butch knew more about it than a plebeian like me did. Obviously

Reactions: 1 person

You can find in my post history that I hated th DeBord hire. Thought it was Sunseri 2.0

Sharply criticized Butch for engaging in such ridiculous methods for hiring a critical position

I believe now that DeBord was a good hire. Really worked out. Great game planner. Needs to work on making late game adjustments, but loved the improvements in the offense

I was dead wrong. Butch knew more about it than a plebeian like me did. Obviously

Nice step forward.

Reactions: 2 people
Nothing you say offends me l. Don't be trite with me

I'm not defending anyone, I'm challenging your perspectives

And again, for your last question.as I said, I believe you perceive peoples intentions incorrectly

Ergo, they aren't lecturing you, they are debating you.

So a poster states (paraphrase) "Jones will never win at UT, he doesn't know what he's doing". Some of us post they are wrong and list all the good he's done. They respond with us being sunshine pumpers etc and we respond calling them bashers, negavols. You and others jump those of us who support the coach and lecture us on how were wrong. And give the same tired response of "we're just criticizing but support him". I guess most of us would see things differently if some of you "enlightened" fans who support yet just want to criticize would stand up for the coach once in a blue moon. I know it sounds crazy to expect a UT fan to say positive things about UT and our coach...

Nice post. Although calling yourself a plebeian isn't necessary.

So a poster states (paraphrase) "Jones will never win at UT, he doesn't know what he's doing". Some of us post they are wrong and list all the good he's done. They respond with us being sunshine pumpers etc and we respond calling them bashers, negavols. You and others jump those of us who support the coach and lecture us on how were wrong. And give the same tired response of "we're just criticizing but support him". I guess most of us would see things differently if some of you "enlightened" fans who support yet just want to criticize would stand up for the coach once in a blue moon. I know it sounds crazy to expect a UT fan to say positive things about UT and our coach...

There will never be a coach that is good enough for UT. It's always the next Coach, or the Coach that we will NEVER get.

So are you still in the group who thinks Jones needs to go?

At this time, no. But if we really wanted to, or had to, I still think we could do much better than him.

If we are not in Atlanta next year, then it's time to move on. The table will never be more perfectly set for him than it will be next year.

At this time, no. But if we really wanted to, or had to, I still think we could do much better than him.

If we are not in Atlanta next year, then it's time to move on. The table will never be more perfectly set for him than it will be next year.

Did you take "perfect" advantage of every opportunity in your life, at your job, with your family?

Do you ever feel you should have been fired, demoted, exiled?

No successful person has that much dislike and disrespect for another person. You jump from thread to thread punching the coaches with every opportunity you get.

I just wonder if you beat yourself up with the same fuel?

That makes perfect sense. Are you a member of Mensa?

. . . I still think we could do much better than him. . .

The SC and the UGa jobs just came open and were filled. SC got Muschamp, a one-time hot coordinator and now seemingly failed head coach; and Georgia got Kirby Smart, a very hot but unproven coordinator. Florida got McElwain last year. Maybe he's the next Saban, maybe not. We'll see.

I will readily accept without argument that the UT job is a better job than SC, but Georgia? Perhaps UT is a better job still, but is it so much so that we easily attract a coach "much better" than CBJ?

I think some believe the "top" coaching jobs are Field of Dreams jobs. If you offer, they will come. They just aren't. For every mega splash hire of a "proven," "big name" coach that goes down, there's 20 hirings of the hottest coordinator or a HC out of a lower conference. The only reason Michigan got Harbaugh is because the 49ers ran him off, and he needed a job. It's very hard to make the money and everything else work.

Plus, with the triggers getting pulled sooner and sooner, the coaches are becoming pretty gun shy. This equates to them being less willing to take risks and demanding more to take them.

I honestly don't know how far CBJ will take us. Maybe he isn't the guy. But, I do know if we fire him next year for not making Atlanta, it becomes that much harder to get the next guy here.

Fortunately, there seems to be at least a little bit of discussion publicly stirring about how ridiculous these quick firings are. Hopefully, a few more schools will do it and end up getting embarrassed for it. That might make the rest more reasonable. I just hope Tennessee isn't the one embarrassed.

Last edited:
Ridiculously unlikely that Florida misses a PAT? Are you serious? They missed 5 PATs this season.

At the time, Florida was at 100% and SEC kickers over the past few seasons are around 97%. Using that rate, if you thought there was, say, a 20% chance Florida scored 2 TDs at that point, then the chances of them scoring two TDs AND missing an extra point would be around 0.6%. So yes, ridiculously unlikely.

And if you think their kicker is bad enough to miss a PAT from 20 yards, how likely is he to make two probably long FGs in crunch time? How likely is it that Florida gets exactly 27, under any circumstances?

Our possession took 2 minutes off the clock. Even if we don't get a single first down, in your scenario that's four minutes gone. With the remaining 6 minutes, Florida has to score three times including a touchdown, and has to either get inside the red zone all three times or rely on, again, a freshman backup kicker to make not one but two long field goals.

Keep in mind, their first touchdown drive, by itself, took more than 6 minutes.

That's virtually impossible, and if we get a single first down and take another 2 minutes off the clock, it's just about literally impossible. But that doesn't stop the Butch Brigade

Butch said he went with what his chart said. His was the only one in college and pro football (ESPN actually let the viewers see the charts for many different teams) that said kick the extra point. I would bet his said go for 2 also. We all make mistakes that seemed right at the time. It's how we handle it as men and take full responsibility for these bad decisions. Some people say "no excuses" while others try to deflect the criticism or end results saying they did it by the book. He has deflected every single bit of criticism while telling us he needs to teach us the game of football and that his system is infallible. Cbj has made a lot of bad coaching decisions and this year is the first time, I believe, that he has learned from them. Why we didn't hire sonny cumbie is my biggest question. next year is gonna be fun to see.

All the stats in the world should never replace common sense.

Your theory doesn't work because the SEC East has been down - anyone that watched football the last 10 years could tell you that.

If you asked 100 people if the East was down, they'd say something like : "Well yeah, duh!!"

These fans you cite are the reasons sports books stay in business. And, business is good. Most of the concensus are really, extraordinarily bad, at understanding what they are actually watching. And, fan forums like this, and modern sports media, do nothing but reinforce those ideas.

I could try to explain again how people are arguing against a position that I'm not taking, but it won't matter. Ive learned that simply challenging broad incorrect generalities that are reinforced as incontrovertible truth shuts many people down. If that's the herd you feel proud to be a part of, who am I to challenge you?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
These fans you cite are the reasons sports books stay in business. And, business is good. Most of the concensus are really, extraordinarily bad, at understanding what they are actually watching. And, fan forums like this do nothing but reinforce those ideas.

I could try to explain again how people are arguing against a position that I'm not taking, but it won't matter. Ive learned that simply challenging broad incorrect generalities that are reinforced as incontrovertible truth shuts many people down. If that's the herd you feel proud to be a part of, who am I to challenge you?

That's a mighty fine high horse you got there.

At the time, Florida was at 100% and SEC kickers over the past few seasons are around 97%. Using that rate, if you thought there was, say, a 20% chance Florida scored 2 TDs at that point, then the chances of them scoring two TDs AND missing an extra point would be around 0.6%. So yes, ridiculously unlikely.

There's a 100% chance you are incorrect because they were not 100% at that time, they had missed one before our game.

They missed nearly 17% of their PATs on the season. That's ridiculously unlikely?

Since you like to use made up statistics, it was 100% chance they would have missed a PAT if we had went for two and missed and still beat us because it's the florida game. Lol

there's a 100% chance you are incorrect because they were not 100% at that time, they had missed one before our game.

They missed nearly 17% of their pats on the season. That's ridiculously unlikely?

Since you like to use made up statistics, it was 100% chance they would have missed a pat if we had went for two and missed and still beat us because it's the florida game. Lol

12.5%.

There's a 100% chance you are incorrect because they were not 100% at that time, they had missed one before our game.

They missed nearly 17% of their PATs on the season. That's ridiculously unlikely?

Since you like to use made up statistics, it was 100% chance they would have missed a PAT if we had went for two and missed and still beat us because it's the florida game. Lol

True, they were actually 93% heading into the game.

On the season, they missed 5 out of 40, which is nowhere near 17%.

Can't argue with the last part though haha

VN Store

Back