Anyone here live in Florida?

Awesome! Thank you those tolls were driving me crazy

That's what I was saying earlier haha. But as someone pointed out the roads are actually really well kept. I just moved back to Knoxville for my new job and forgot how horrible these interstates are.

Key jsle and park place are our final 2 simply bc of how convenient it is for my job. Only about 30 minutes from Disney world for her too

Hey there, just saw where Sysco is laying off 1200 employees nationwide.

Hopefully this news won't impact your career and upcoming move to central Florida.

Hey there, just saw where Sysco is laying off 1200 employees nationwide.

Hopefully this news won't impact your career and upcoming move to central Florida.

Nahhh im 100% safe! My job only a minority can physically do, and its a job thats a must for sysco to operate. Thanks for the concern im still moving to paradise :)

The move is official. Anyone been to Busch Gardens in Tampa? How is it and it's not too far from Ocoee/Orlando right?

We thought about taking the kids when we go to Clearwater in July, but I think they want to spend most of their time in the water.

The move is official. Anyone been to Busch Gardens in Tampa? How is it and it's not too far from Ocoee/Orlando right?

Congrats on the move. :rock:

Busch Gardens is a little more than an hour away. From Ocoee you'll take SR429 to I-4 West, to I-75 North.

Did you decide on Key Isle or Park Place?

Congrats on the move. :rock:

Busch Gardens is a little more than an hour away. From Ocoee you'll take SR429 to I-4 West, to I-75 North.

Did you decide on Key Isle or Park Place?

We went with Park place! Little bit more pricey than key isle but they're new and really nice. Some people told me the walls at key isle are paper thin and I'll be working a night shift so they had impact. Can't go wrong with either we love the city as well the location is very convenient. Thanks for all the tips! I look forward to going to see the magic play my bulls twice a year and even going to the swamp every other year:)

Live near KSC. Been here almost 8 years since moving from northern VA. Took a job at Cape Canaveral. Retired in 2011. Gets humid starting in May. Have to put up with "love bugs" twice a year. Hurricane season is June - November. No state income tax. If still working, pay may not be as good unless you work for the government.
I miss the fall up north and being close to lots of things.

Live near KSC. Been here almost 8 years since moving from northern VA. Took a job at Cape Canaveral. Retired in 2011. Gets humid starting in May. Have to put up with "love bugs" twice a year. Hurricane season is June - November. No state income tax. If still working, pay may not be as good unless you work for the government.
I miss the fall up north and being close to lots of things.
I'm excited for the weather and all the things there is to do in Orlando and Florida in general. It's going to be a good experience for me

We went with Park place! Little bit more pricey than key isle but they're new and really nice. Some people told me the walls at key isle are paper thin and I'll be working a night shift so they had impact. Can't go wrong with either we love the city as well the location is very convenient. Thanks for all the tips! I look forward to going to see the magic play my bulls twice a year and even going to the swamp every other year:)

Good choice!

With Park Place being a newer property, you probably had a better selection of units to choose from.

Feel free to e-mail me at evilgator@cfl.rr.com if you have any questions about the area.

Like you, I live less than a 5 minute drive from Sysco.

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Anyone here in the Jacksonville area? I have a job opportunity down there and would like to hear perspectives on the city.

VN Store

Back