Anyone here live in Florida?

Thank you so,much this helped a ton! I think we're leaning towards Windermere everything we have heard and researched has sounded really good about it

Its nice. Lots of nice places off 429. LW is spot on with his descriptions. Stay west side.

Much appreciated! We will be doing that Wednesday I believe starting with windermere! Sunday ill be in gainseville visiting my bestfriend. Anything you'd reccomend doing there?

I'd check out the bars on University and have dinner at The Swamp restaurant...hopefully you're already there.

turrible.

Go downtown for the bars. Have dinner at Cask and Larder in Winter Park.

He was in Gainesville this weekend...not much in the way of fine dining outside The Sovreign or Leonardo's.

Had he been in Orlando I would have suggested dinner at Restaurant Row on Sand Lake, or somewhere on Park Ave in Winter Park. Great people watching there.

Reactions: 1 person
Also OP, i visited some friends in Windermere this weekend and passed by the apartment complexes on Maguire.

Park Place is still under construction, but based on the progress it should be done in plenty of time for when you move down this summer.

Casa Mirella is a newer apartment complex, less than 3 years old, further up Maguire on the way to Windermere.

Key Isle is the oldest of the three, but it's a nice property too.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Also OP, i visited some friends in Windermere this weekend and passed by the apartment complexes on Maguire.

Park Place is still under construction, but based on the progress is should be done in plenty of time for when you move down this summer.

Casa Mirella is a newer apartment complex, less than 3 years old, further up Maguire on the way to Windermere.

Key Isle is the oldest of the three, but it's a nice property too.

Hope that helps.
That helps a ton we'll hunting on Wednesday thank you. I went to BJ Brewhouse today with my bestfriend whom lives in Gainesville and it was delicious

We loved all the apartments. Key Isle is the best option imo its really nice and cheaper than the others. Ocoee has a fairly low crime rate correct? Its definitely a beautiful area

We loved all the apartments. Key Isle is the best option imo its really nice and cheaper than the others. Ocoee has a fairly low crime rate correct? Its definitely a beautiful area

Glad you had a chance to check out the area.

Can't beat the location based on your commute.

The mall around there is really good. Which restaurants in that area do you reccomend? Thanks for everything!

I can't recommend anything exactly where you live (thats more LW's speed) but there are a few other places in Orlando I would recommend for food.

Hawkers on Mills Avenue..Asian food. Downtown on Colonial is little Saigon, tons of good Vietnamese food.

Winter Park has a place called Cask and Larder. "Pricey" but good. They have fried chicken skin BLT's..think about that... Park Avenue has a bunch of nice restaurants.

Doctor Phillips has decent eating off Sand Lake. A Trader Joes is also near there.

Fresh Market off Doc Phillips and Conroy.

Pro tip..get a toll road transponder.

I can't recommend anything exactly where you live (thats more LW's speed) but there are a few other places in Orlando I would recommend for food.

Hawkers on Mills Avenue..Asian food. Downtown on Colonial is little Saigon, tons of good Vietnamese food.

Winter Park has a place called Cask and Larder. "Pricey" but good. They have fried chicken skin BLT's..think about that... Park Avenue has a bunch of nice restaurants.

Doctor Phillips has decent eating off Sand Lake. A Trader Joes is also near there.

Fresh Market off Doc Phillips and Conroy.

Pro tip..get a toll road transponder.

Appreciate all the suggestions! What is a toll road transponder? I hate tolls! Least favorite thing here

Appreciate all the suggestions! What is a toll road transponder? I hate tolls! Least favorite thing here

You put it in your car and it pays the tolls automatically. We got our Sunpass sticker at Publix for $5 but you can get a removable one (with suction cups) for $25. Great for airport parking too

That's why living in Key Isle and working a 5 minute drive away from Sysco makes sense.

As for restaurants in the area, I'd recommend House Blend Cafe in Ocoee or Yellow Dog Eats in Gotha for lunch.

Rusteak on the corner of Maguire and Old Winter Garden Road for dinner. There's also a Texas Roadhouse right around the corner from Maguire.

There's also some good dining spots on Plant Street in downtown Winter Garden.

Last edited:
You put it in your car and it pays the tolls automatically. We got our Sunpass sticker at Publix for $5 but you can get a removable one (with suction cups) for $25. Great for airport parking too

Awesome! Thank you those tolls were driving me crazy

That's why living in Key Isle and working a 5 minute drive away from Sysco makes sense.

As for restaurants in the area, I'd recommend House Blend Cafe in Ocoee or Yellow Dog Eats in Gotha for lunch.

Rusteak on the corner of Maguire and Old Winter Garden Road for dinner. There's also a Texas Roadhouse right around the corner from Maguire.

Key jsle and park place are our final 2 simply bc of how convenient it is for my job. Only about 30 minutes from Disney world for her too

We love food, we eat out often so this is all great to know! Im going to have to get used to seeing all the gator stuff everywhere though :)

VN Store

Back