Any better than Dooley?

He is gone. He was only a part of the reason of why the program is where it is. Why keep harping over it?

Geez you think? I think i remember saying this the day he was hired. Waste of 3 years. Not even a average coach. Just filler and a desperate attempt to save someone's job..

Reactions: 1 person
Just when you think the fan base has completely lost its mind, utfantilidie comes along and proves me wrong.

Last edited:
Hindsight is 20/20

Agreed.

OP, I present you with this. You may DL and fill out the pertinent information at your leisure.

20-20-hindsight.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know how long many of the posters on this site are but I suspect the average age to be about 25. I have a bit more time watching Tennessee football and I can tell you that even during Majors growing pains the team was almost always competitive.

I guess you missed 1981 when Tennessee began the season with a 44-0 loss to Georgia and followed that up with a 43-7 loss to USC. A 30-6 loss to Pittsburgh later followed and this was during Majors' 5th season...or how about 1986 when Tennessee took 56-28 beatdown to an average Alabama team and also lost at home to Army? And who could forget 1988 and our 52-24 loss at home to Washington St as well as 38-6 to Auburn? Yeah, you remember the Majors' era really well buddy! I just wonder what the point of threads like this is and what some of want us to do? You don't like the job Butch Jones is doing through his first ten games? Well, that is too bad because we're not taking on our third buyout in the last five years when it's such a pain to fill the job anyway. If you were to put a top ten wish list of coaches together I bet none of them would accept the job and probably half of them would have already turned it down once or twice (or in Gruden's case three times)...Butch wanted the job and never claimed to be a miracle worker but he is in the process of upgrading the talent level.

Reactions: 4 people
Man did I read the title of this thread wrong. It's amazing how much changes when you replace one letter in the title. I saw an F and not an H when I read the word ....hired.

VN Store

Back