All Time NBA Players Thread - No Jordan vs. Lebron Debate Allowed

Omg, this guy's hair (and the Pippen shot)

This dude is single-handedly changing the narrative. He made funny videos with a lot of nonsense and some good points mixed in, and his stuff is trending and winning hearts snd minds

Changing the narrative on what? I thought this was the no MJ thread per @n_huffhines ?

You can talk about MJ or Lebron, we're just not debating them vs. each other. Remember recently I said young Lebron wasn't a good fit on an all-star squad?

The narrative on the 80's and 90's in general. Jordan was the best player in the late 80's and he was a guard who couldn't go left until later in his career. Pretty fkn shocking. The internet makes so much fun of Jaylen Brown for this and he's like the 25th best player in the league. Jordan has been largely unassailable on the internet, to this point.

Maybe in 30 years we'll look at Kobe and Lebron shocked that the best wings in the league circa 2008 weren't good 3p shooters. That'll be easy to see on basketball reference. Not a ton of MJ footage from the 80's unless it's highlights. I lived in the 80's but don't remember MJ until the 90's. Apparently most people don't remember the weak left hand.

Last edited:
Every top 40 player ever not named Wilt, Barkley or Harden got every single drop of skill and athleticism they had IMO

Did Jordan need to go left?

Well yeah. I am pretty sure he was going left consistently by the time he won titles. Like mojo pointed out, that's how he got to the '89 ECF. The contention is that he developed it later, but that he was pretty dominant in the 80's without it.

Was this hateful? I just thought it was funny that it blew his mind so much he called it a double dribble

I didn’t have the audio on. The comment about 2 kids playing recess ball made me believe it was another old school basketball players suck videos. Carry on.

How can people who played a long career in the NBA have the absolute dumbest takes? Players often dismiss fans and media opinions because we didn't play but clearly that means nothing.

Screenshot_20240331-091053_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
How can people who played a long career in the NBA have the absolute dumbest takes? Players often dismiss fans and media opinions because we didn't play but clearly that means nothing.

View attachment 631090

It blow my mind out of the 4 major sports, that past NBA players are by far the most insecure.

Reactions: KoachKrab127

View attachment 631090
That's hilarious. Jokic has crafted himself into a player who could play in most any era. His ball handling ⏸️ and passing ability is upper level. He'd give most big men some trouble. Certainly more than Vlade or whoever the hell else he was talking about....yikes

Ray Allen said his coach in Milwaukee's big thing was don't settle for 3's and that was always his mindset (presumably until Boston). He still ended up with the record. I'd give anything to see him come up under a good coach today.

Ray Allen said his coach in Milwaukee's big thing was don't settle for 3's and that was always his mindset (presumably until Boston). He still ended up with the record. I'd give anything to see him come up under a good coach today.

Most of his time in Milwaukee was under a HOF coach...

Most of his time in Milwaukee was under a HOF coach...

I'm not saying he wasn't well-coached, I'm saying there is a better way to use him that was ahead of that time. We now know a guy like him should be shooting nearly ten 3's a night and more layups. He did an efficient 25 ppg in Seattle taking the wrong shots in a slow-paced era. I wanna see the 30+ ppg version of him.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
This Reddick and Ray Ray convo is really good. One of the things they talked about was how important the dive man is on the pick n roll, regardless of where the play goes. It's hard to get a big who is a good screener and a threat as a finisher who also has the motor to roll hard every time. Reddick was talking about how he would only get open looks off the PnR because the dive man went hard. We always credit the ball handler and the shooter in this play, but never credit the guy who didn't touch the ball, but it doesn't work without him.

Doing today’s grid and learned something unexpected. The Grizzlies have had as many career 20,000+ point scorers as the New York Knicks (3).

VN Store

Back