All-Time Defensive Team

GP, Garnett, McHale, Pippen, and Robinson probably close to the top ten also.

GP, Garnett, McHale, Pippen, and Robinson probably close to the top ten also.

GP and McHale would be between those 2 that would take Robinson's place on my list. Magic is the GOAT PG but GP was the best combination of offense and defense to ever play the position. IMO. I'd go with McHale though, I don't think guys realize just how good he was. Fantastic post moves some of the best ever, and a really really good defender.

GP and McHale would be between those 2 that would take Robinson's place on my list. Magic is the GOAT PG but GP was the best combination of offense and defense to ever play the position. IMO. I'd go with McHale though, I don't think guys realize just how good he was. Fantastic post moves some of the best ever, and a really really good defender.

McHale was a freak. Could guard three positions, very good rebounder, incredible scorer.

MJ
Magic
Duncan
Kareem
Bird
LBJ
Hakeem
Shaq
Barkley
McHale

This would be my order. From guess list Duncan and Bird would flip as would Hakeem and Shaq.

GP and Admiral would be on the almost list.

Edit: I'd move Magic and TD ahead of Kareem

MJ
Magic
Duncan
Kareem
Bird
LBJ
Hakeem
Shaq
Barkley
McHale

This would be my order. From guess list Duncan and Bird would flip as would Hakeem and Shaq.

GP and Admiral would be on the almost list.

Edit: I'd move Magic and TD ahead of Kareem

I have one big qualm with your list: Bird over LBJ. I would take LBJ over Bird 100/100.

Good to see you don't fall in with the ludicrous Kobe love.

Low assist numbers =/= bad passer for a F, IMO. A:TO will determine that. He made little impact with his passing. That's what the 2.0 ap 36 means to me.

What did you want a link for?

Ok his career A:TO ratio would have been 24th last year among starting SF's. That's 24 out of 29 cause I didn't count him. He would have been 13th out of 14 in the West, (not counting him again) the one guy he was better than? Rudy Gay...lol

His actual A:TO last year was 27th among starting SF's, and dead last in the West, yes even behind Rudy Gay. Is this where I drop the mic? Or are you going to spin some more?

Last edited:
My love of Hakeem's play knows no bounds. I think he's the most underrated star player of all time.

And if Hines talks about his "lack of efficiency" I will ban him.

He was efficient, but he was only great about it for a few years, and was never elite. I think Olajuwon is every bit the player most people think he is (arguably best center since Kareem), but his scoring is over-appreciated. The all-time elite scorers are elite in total scoring, as well as efficiency (Jordan, Bird, Kareem, etc.).

If he were really that good in the post, he would have scored more efficiently. You like the way he looked when he scored, and it made his 2-point baskets seem like they were worth more than that. :)

Hakeem TS%
Career average - .553
Career best - .577

Admiral TS%
Career average - .583
Career best - .615

Shaq TS%
Career average - .586
Career best - .623

Kareem TS%
Career average - .592
Career best - .639

D12 TS%
Career average - .599
Career best - .630

Zo TS%
Career average - .583
Career best - .615

Every one of these guys had a season above .610 and Hakeem never did .580 (which all of these guys averaged).

The Heat were sure bad at rebounding, though. Had they been average, they might've had a chance against the Spurs.

Which is sad because rebounding is about 50% effort. I guess superstars can't be expected to give effort.

The Heat were sure bad at rebounding, though. Had they been average, they might've had a chance against the Spurs.

That was a team problem though, even if Battier would have averaged 7 rpg the Spurs still would have punched them in the mouth. They needed Rodman as far as rebounding to stand a chance.

Last edited:
GP at pg, havlicek at sg, rodman at the 3 with russell at 4 and wilt at center

Which is sad because rebounding is about 50% effort. I guess superstars can't be expected to give effort.

You have to make an effort, but skill is what sets most good rebounders apart, IMO. Rodman didn't try twice as hard as everyone else. He got twice as many rebounds because he knew where the ball was going before everyone else did.

VN Store

Back