All-Time Defensive Team

Not sure what this means?

Does Kawhi Leonard not play the exact same position in the exact same system and get more than twice as many rebounds as Bowen? You don't need your PF to get assists. You need your SF to rebound.

BTW, the average PF gets 2.2 assists per 36, and Marion has averaged 2.0 per 36. The average PF has a 1:1 ratio, and Marion 1.2:1. Average SF does 2.7 assists per 36 and 1.3:1, so I would say all things considered he's pretty average for a F tweener.

Bruce and Leonard played different roles. By your own admission Bruce guarded the less physical perimeter player. Bruce shot 46.4% of his shots from 3, Leonard shoots 29.5% of his from 3. All factors in being in position to get rebounds. It's not rocket surgery.

Can I get a link?

I figured we were comparing a 4 time All Star and 2 time all NBA third teamer, with "1 of the 10 greatest NBA season's" to guys of a similar skill level. Are you at least only doing SFs that start?

Last edited:
Marion's 2 apg per 36 for his career, would have been tied for 23rd among NBA starting SFs last year. Thats 23 out of 30.. that's pretty damn bad.

Marion's 2 apg per 36 for his career, would have been tied for 23rd among NBA starting SFs last year. Thats 23 out of 30.. that's pretty damn bad.

Low assist numbers =/= bad passer for a F, IMO. A:TO will determine that. He made little impact with his passing. That's what the 2.0 ap 36 means to me.

What did you want a link for?

Bruce and Leonard played different roles. By your own admission Bruce guarded the less physical perimeter player. Bruce shot 46.4% of his shots from 3, Leonard shoots 29.5% of his from 3. All factors in being in position to get rebounds. It's not rocket surgery.

K Leonard almost doubles Bruce just with his defensive rebounds. I didn't say that Bruce was assigned to guard less physical guys (though he probably was because that would have been the smart thing). I just said he was better at it.

K Leonard almost doubles Bruce just with his defensive rebounds. I didn't say that Bruce was assigned to guard less physical guys (though he probably was because that would have been the smart thing). I just said he was better at it.

They had different roles, and the things I mentioned factored into Bowens rebounding. Bowen would never rebound like Kawhi, but just throwing out the numbers doesnt tell the full story either. Honestly I have no clue what KL has to do with Bruce being overrated or not anyway.

I'd split it even Rodman getting 3 and Pippen getting the 3 guys that are less physical (Pierce, Durant, and J). I just think Rodman would have given Lebron fits and neither one of them are stopping Bird, but at least Rodman could keep him off the glass.

Also, am I the only person that thinks Bruce Bowen is vastly overrated? He was a very good man-on defender against a specific type of wing, but his help D was average, he wasn't physical enough, he was a terrible rebounder, and his offense was atrocious.

Rodman would handle TW fairly well. And he'd piss him off royally.

Pippen would just handle him fairly well. But not piss him off.

Bowen is not overrated. He is just a really good on ball defender. That's about it. He is a good player for a great team (defensive version of what Ray Allen was for Miami the past two years).

The Matrix (better overall than Bowen was), has the sweetest jump shot since Big Bill Cartwright, lol.

Leonard's game is nice for his height/weight. He is not even in his prime yet and is already @ least what Bowen was as an all around player. He looks to have a nice career. Provided he stays healthy.

Leonard's game is nice for his height/weight. He is not even in his prime yet and is already @ least what Bowen was as an all around player. He looks to have a nice career. Provided he stays healthy.

I agree with that, I'm a big KL fan. Just talking about his rebounding to prove Bruce is overrated makes no sense to me.

He had a season where he did 22 and 12, shot like .590 TS% and had more steals (2.0) and blocks (1.7) than turnovers (1.5).

That may be one of the best 10 seasons of my lifetime.

Marion was a badass.

Rodman would handle TW fairly well. And he'd piss him off royally.

Pippen would just handle him fairly well. But not piss him off.

I kept looking at these initials wondering who the **** is he talking. Lol I just remembered

You think Magic is the GOAT?

As a Detroit Pistons legacy I am not allowed to put that ******* Michael Jordan as the GOAT. I use to think Magic but I go with Kareem now if I wanted one player to start a franchise.

I truly believe Kareem would put up a 30/15/5/5 in today's game.

Kareem
LeBron
Duncan
Magic
Hakeem

My top five in no particular order post merger with Shaq and Bird right behind them.

**** MJ.

As a Detroit Pistons legacy I am not allowed to put that ******* Michael Jordan as the GOAT. I use to think Magic but I go with Kareem now if I wanted one player to start a franchise.

I truly believe Kareem would put up a 30/15/5/5 in today's game.

So you are saying MJ is the GOAT? Lol

Hakeem? Interesting

My love of Hakeem's play knows no bounds. I think he's the most underrated star player of all time.

And if Hines talks about his "lack of efficiency" I will ban him.

My love of Hakeem's play knows no bounds. I think he's the most underrated star player of all time.

And if Hines talks about his "lack of efficiency" I will ban him.

I love me some Hakeem too, just surprised Id have him 7th or 8th probably.

VN Store

Back