Aja Wilson Visit.

See...she's going to want a guard position and teams like Uconn and TN are gonna internally chuckle and say No. But S.Carolina would promise anything to get a player like this...

I think she is willing to play the three or four as long as the school she chooses gives her every opportunity to stay at the three. The three and four are kind of inter-changeable Parker played both at Tennessee. I think if Sylvia Hatchell was well or becomes able to come back she might go to NC. She seems to like that school and players on the team. She always talks of them in glowing terms in the present. Parker is her favorite player of all time.
She always says all four teams are equal no favorites. With a little over a month to go you would think she would start adding the plus and minuses. Tennessee's only hope is the Parker connection she may choose to go to Tennessee basically because that is where she played.
Regardless of where she goes we need some post players in the next class. With her height she may end up playing in the post even though not gonna be happy if that happens. Sometimes you have to adjust to reality. Maybe she will grow and mature she seems to be quite determined to be a perimeter player gonna be tough at her height to do so in college.

Staley isn't going to play her at guard, even if she says she will. Candace Parker was similar, no--tall but good ball-handler and scorer, but we didn't play her at guard.

CP played every position on the team and played then well. Often she brought the ball up the court and led fast breaks on the dribble. I don't know if Wilson is as good as CP, but even if she is close, she has a good handle.

CP played every position on the team and played then well. Often she brought the ball up the court and led fast breaks on the dribble. I don't know if Wilson is as good as CP, but even if she is close, she has a good handle.

I remember we put the ball in Parker's hands in that LSU game to bring the ball up and she delivered a perfect pass to Anosike who missed the wide open layup. Luckily for Tennessee Hornbuckle grabbed the rebound and put it home.

When was her championship game played? Was it Saturday? I just saw a video for it on espn and they showed coaches staley and hatchell in the stands, but no one from UT or UConn. :ermm:

If she is 6'4" and doesn't want to play center she needs to go to a team that already has a true center taller than that. Otherwise she will get moved whether she likes it or not.

Teams want to win and they will play her where they need her. Coaches tend to get fired if they don't do that.

Congrats on committing to the Orange, ms Wilson!

what, it wuz just a dream? damn!

What we should have done when she was on campus for official visit, and maybe this was done, was show her video of Parker playing for UT--and say to her, "We'll play you just like Parker played for us, in multiple roles, almost always facing the basket." Sold!

See...she's going to want a guard position and teams like Uconn and TN are gonna internally chuckle and say No. But S.Carolina would promise anything to get a player like this...

I just don`t see her coming to Tenn because we are loaded at the 3-4 and 5 Jones, Graves, Izzy, Burdick, Russell and there is no way she will want to sit and that`s a fact.

I just don`t see her coming to Tenn because we are loaded at the 3-4 and 5 Jones, Graves, Izzy, Burdick, Russell and there is no way she will want to sit and that`s a fact.

Well, maybe loaded for next year, but what about the year after that after Harrison and Burdick are gone? Hopefully Wilson can look beyond next year at her possibilities...

Well, maybe loaded for next year, but what about the year after that after Harrison and Burdick are gone? Hopefully Wilson can look beyond next year at her possibilities...

We all hope Wilson can look beyond next year at her possibilities. But she`s to good of a player don`t you think ?

We all hope Wilson can look beyond next year at her possibilities. But she`s to good of a player don`t you think ?

I think if she is that good, then she won't need to worry about getting playing time.

GENO ONCE sat Shea Ralph the first half cause she didn't score in PRACTICE,,so she need's to do some real down thinking if she wants to be a super player,ONELY GENO can do this.....:aggressive:

Who really knows how good a player she is. Bigs are hard to evaluate because they don't face much competition in High School. Most don't live up to advanced billing. Remember all the fuss that was made over Elizabeth Williams and Mercedes. Neither met expectations. Even Griner wasn't as good as expected. Then there's Delle Donne, Ogwumike, Stewart etc who are great.

It's best not to get too caught up over a couple of inches of height. I'd take under six feet Nina Davis and Jewel Loyd any day over incoming highly touted bigs.

VN Store

Back