Academy Awards

Come back with the snowflake term when anti academy awards people start picket lines and commit acts of violence in protest of the awards show because they are so upset that someone is getting an award that they are not also getting.

Crap, even when I try to describe a snowflake in a non liberal biased way its apparent that task is an impossibility.

Yea you really tried too hard on that one. "A" for effort though

Reactions: 2 people
They have an opinion and so do you. You express yours all the time. They express theirs. What you are mad about is that they have a platform. That's not their fault.

Oh and Sully was terrible.

I like them speaking..... it does way more damage for their viewpoint than any good it could possibly do.... I don't watch the awards anyways.

Normally they mention the rating even as the show is in progress. Not a word in the papers this morning. I would imagine the event sponsors are not very happy. Maybe they can fund it themselves next year?

The only time I tuned in to watch was when a tour bus or something dropped some people off & Kimmel let them walk through the event. That wasted a lot of air time.

They announced the wrong best picture winner ....moonlight beat out lala land.

Wow, somebody really goofed on that. Kimmel blamed Steve Harvey.

It was a big embarrassing moment for sure.

Last edited:
They announced the wrong best picture winner ....moonlight beat out lala land.

Wow, somebody really goofed on that. Kimmel blamed Steve Harvey.

It was a big embarrassing moment for sure.

It's funny looking at the people's faces in the back when they found out.

She had a ton of it on.

596.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Has the explanation been given why he was handed the wrong envelope?

They have two briefcases on either side of the stage with identical envelopes. They must have handed off the best actress one from one side and discarded the wrong envelope on the other side. As much as PWC brags about handling these votes this is incredibly embarrassing for them.

Has the explanation been given why he was handed the wrong envelope?

I don't know why he was handed the wrong envelope. But, here's an idea. Why doesn't the Academy spend a few bucks and hire someone to oversee and ensure that the ballots and envelopes and such things are handled correctly and professionally. I would think they could afford to hire a well-known and respected firm to do this. Hey, maybe an accounting firm cuz they would be experienced in such things. Just a thought......

VN Store

Back