Academy Awards

I understand why people are turned off by politically motivated speeches given at the Academy Awards (and the pompous bull s***tery on the red carpet) but I also don't think that accounts for much of what goes on. If a movie or actor/actress I really like is nominated I will usually tune in (and it's not like you have to sit through all of it, the first half hour and the last half hour catches the important stuff). I like Emma Stone and she has done an incredible number of good movies in diverse roles for a 28 year old. I hope she wins and I doubt she will get political on the podium either.

One way or the other Emma Stone will win the red carpet award on Sunday.

Reactions: 2 people
I've been turned off by the whole movie industry for several years. Looking through Netflix the other night and 75% of the movies they have promote immorality, gay and lesbian, race mixing, sinister, politically aligned junk...

Very few wholesome, family oriented movies being put out these days...

So "race-mixing" as you put it is not wholesome or family oriented?:huh:

I think some of you are in a daily contest to be the most racist pos on VN.

Reactions: 5 people
They are vying for runner up.

D4H already crowned racism champion for life.

What he says it not even close too what the conservatives post everyday. Those posts are actually racist. Once again it does not make someone a racist because they call out people being racist. The conservative strategy now is claim the person pointing out the racism is "the real racist". No sane, intelligent person falls for that made up bs.

Clint Eastwood's opinion doesn't carry any more weight than my my neighbors just because he is popular. Maybe a little as he at least was a mayor.

The notion that people would take their political cues from someone because they are a celebrity is just pathetic, on either side. Have we as a nation not learned our lesson on that?

giphy.gif

source.gif

Reactions: 2 people
It's ironic that many in this specific thread throw around the term snowflake but have spent 4 pages pissing and moaning about awards shows and Hollywood celebrities that have no direct affect on their life...Hmmm

Reactions: 5 people
It's ironic that many in this specific thread throw around the term snowflake but have spent 4 pages pissing and moaning about awards shows and Hollywood celebrities that have no direct affect on their life...Hmmm

That's the problem though. Hollywood types think they do have an effect on everyone's lives.

Reactions: 1 person

The term "snowflake was used one time in this thread. A little sensitive?

Reactions: 3 people
What he says it not even close too what the conservatives post everyday. Those posts are actually racist. Once again it does not make someone a racist because they call out people being racist. The conservative strategy now is claim the person pointing out the racism is "the real racist". No sane, intelligent person falls for that made up bs.

D4h has posted the single most racist bullcrap i have ever read on this site. Period. I have seen a half dozen other black folks, which is probably a good portion of the ones who regularly post here, call him out for posting crap that was so stupidly racist it reflected poorly on not just him but black folks in general.

Compound his overt racism with the fact that he has made up an alternate history of science and civilization where every good thing came from black folks and whitey works directly for satan himself...and you get internet infamy. Pure gold. He posts the dumbest sheet in the history of written language, and thats hard to pull off at the ripe old age of about 19. For you to defend him is to damage your own credibility.

Reactions: 4 people
The term "snowflake was used one time in this thread. A little sensitive?

I know you're a little slow but let me make it more clear for you. Many people in this thread have thrown around the word "snowflake" in various threads in the PF, thus making it ironic that they come here to piss and moan.

As far as calling me sensitive, I don't care one way or the other what some jack wagon celebrity has to say about the political landscape of our country. Now that being said many on here acted like Clint Eastwood was the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ when he spoke to an empty chair pretending it was Obama. Of course, those same folks lost their **** on a "overrated" Meryl Streep

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
You do understand the significance of the Big Gulp there, right?

Or is it just another of your pictures you like to post without meaning?

Was she taunting the audience members with diabetes?

D4h has posted the single most racist bullcrap i have ever read on this site. Period. I have seen a half dozen other black folks, which is probably a good portion of the ones who regularly post here, call him out for posting crap that was so stupidly racist it reflected poorly on not just him but black folks in general.

Compound his overt racism with the fact that he has made up an alternate history of science and civilization where every good thing came from black folks and whitey works directly for satan himself...and you get internet infamy. Pure gold. He posts the dumbest sheet in the history of written language, and thats hard to pull off at the ripe old age of about 19. For you to defend him is to damage your own credibility.

I have not seen everything he post. What I have seen is not always right. I have never seen him post any thing that says he thinks Black people are superior to White people or infer it. I have seen him point out racism and then people call him racist. The ones calling him racist are usually mad at him for pointing out something that is actually racist. He has said some things that are inaccurate. I have never seen him post anything about thinking one race is superior to another though. If he has I have never seen it or saw it linked.

The Mystery Science Theater 3K episode with it is a classic. I miss that show.

Manos Hands of Fate is incredibly terrible.

MST3K comes on a digital antenna channel here, two episodes every Sunday 8-12. You might be able to watch where you are. I've been recording them, my wife thinks it's idiotic but she just doesn't get the humor.

VN Store

Back