Aaaaaannnnndddddd ...he makes it worse

Do you honestly believe that Trump simply "misspoke" yesterday rather than just reiterate a sentiment which he has been consistently expressing for more than a year now (that he has doubts that Russia interfered in the 2016 election) ? Let's change the "would" in his remark to "wouldn't" and see if that change makes any sense in context with the rest of his statement...

"My people came to me, (Director of National Intelligence) Dan Coats came to me and some others saying they think it's Russia. I have President Putin, he just said it's not Russia. I will say this, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be... I have great confidence in my intelligence people but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today."

Ask yourself three things here:

1) Does that change from "would" to "wouldn't" fit with the rest of the quote?

2) Is his quote, in it's original form with the word 'would' instead of 'wouldn't', consistent with past comments of his where he also seemed to want to trust Putin's denial and he also seemed to be casting doubts over the assessments of our intelligence community?

3) Did he REALLY misspeak at the press conference in Helsinki yesterday, or was he being consistent with his past comments but has now been caught off guard by the bi-partisan backlash (including condemnation on Fox News)?

Even when backtracking he still has to make an ego-driven lie. It is ridiculous to believe that he "misspoke" but some of you undoubtedly will.

"at this point, what does it matter".........

Reactions: 1 person
Do you honestly believe that Trump simply "misspoke" yesterday rather than just reiterate a sentiment which he has been consistently expressing for more than a year now (that he has doubts that Russia interfered in the 2016 election) ? Let's change the "would" in his remark to "wouldn't" and see if that change makes any sense in context with the rest of his statement...

"My people came to me, (Director of National Intelligence) Dan Coats came to me and some others saying they think it's Russia. I have President Putin, he just said it's not Russia. I will say this, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be... I have great confidence in my intelligence people but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today."

Ask yourself three things here:

1) Does that change from "would" to "wouldn't" fit with the rest of the quote?

2) Is his quote, in it's original form with the word 'would' instead of 'wouldn't', consistent with past comments of his where he also seemed to want to trust Putin's denial and he also seemed to be casting doubts over the assessments of our intelligence community?

3) Did he REALLY misspeak at the press conference in Helsinki yesterday, or was he being consistent with his past comments but has now been caught off guard by the bi-partisan backlash (including condemnation on Fox News)?

Even when backtracking he still has to make an ego-driven lie. It is ridiculous to believe that he "misspoke" but some of you undoubtedly will.

You've been on here for two years asking us to judge Trump for what he says. Now you want us to ignore what he says and judge him for what you think he means.

You guys are deranged.

Reactions: 7 people
FYP...

I listened to Trump live today and had two thoughts:

Good on you Trump.

The liberals that said he should just admit his mistake and move on will now crucify him for admitting his mistake and moving on.

Yeah, LG is in the crucify Trump mold as always.

Last edited:
FYP...

I listened to Trump live today and had two thoughts:

Good on you Trump.

The liberals that said he should just admit his mistake and move on will now crucify him for admitting his mistake and moving on.

But he didn't admit to his mistake. He lied and said that he "misspoke". Changing the word "would" to "wouldn't" in that sentence he was referring to, makes no sense in context with the rest of his statement. The rest of his statement implied that he was siding with Putin ... or that at the very least he still had some doubt. He even continued to bring up the subject of Hillary Clinton's server. Why do that, if you don't still have some doubts about Russian interference in the 2016 election?

He wasn't admitting to a mistake. He was lying. Again!

Reactions: 5 people
Yeah, LG is always in the crucify mold as always.

I was actually thinking of the libs a day or so ago that were arguing what is and isn't fake news. The tweet they defended about Trump saying he enjoyed his time with the Danish dude at NATO, and they were wrong about Danish dude not being there.

The lib defense was, "At least he corrected himself, which is more than Trump will ever do."

Now, Trump corrects himself and the goalposts have moved.

It's ridiculous and weak-minded.

Reactions: 2 people
But he didn't admit to his mistake. He lied and said that he "misspoke". Changing the word "would" to "wouldn't" in that sentence he was referring to, makes no sense in context with the rest of his statement. The rest of his statement implied that he was siding with Putin ... or that at the very least he still had some doubt. He even continued to bring up the subject of Hillary Clinton's server. Why do that, if you don't still have some doubts about Russian interference in the 2016 election?

:cray:

You've been on here for two years asking us to judge Trump for what he says. Now you want us to ignore what he says and judge him for what you think he means.

You guys are deranged.

No. You should judge him on what he said YESTERDAY because it makes a helluva lot more sense than what he said today. You are either tribal in your Trump support or incredibly gullible.

I was actually thinking of the libs a day or so ago that were arguing what is and isn't fake news. The tweet they defended about Trump saying he enjoyed his time with the Danish dude at NATO, and they were wrong about Danish dude not being there.

The lib defense was, "At least he corrected himself, which is more than Trump will ever do."

Now, Trump corrects himself and the goalposts have moved.

It's ridiculous and weak-minded.

NOTHING he says or does will EVER satisfy the "Never Trump" crowd.....short of resignation or suicide.....

So what about all of the meetings with Russian contacts that everyone lied about until they had to admit that they did in fact happen. Those did or did not happen?

Are you referring to all those meetings between the Clinton Team on Uranium One or The Clinton Foundation or The Tarmac or something else?

I will detest Trump no matter what he does. I will argue and throw temper tantrums no matter what. I will lie and claim that I would restrain myself if he did x, y and z, but in reality I will let my irrational and destructive hate rule my thoughts, and I will infer motives on what he meant, just so the hate can flow like magma from the volcano of my disenchanted life.

Let me be honest on your behalf since you take liberties to be honest on your president's behalf.

Are you referring to all those meetings between the Clinton Team on Uranium One or The Clinton Foundation or The Tarmac or something else?

Is she president and where did I defend her on anything? Whomp whomp try again. Her sorry azz is the reason we have this clown in office.

No. You should judge him on what he said YESTERDAY because it makes a helluva lot more sense than what he said today. You are either tribal in your Trump support or incredibly gullible.

Everyone said that he needed to show support for his intelligence agency and that that was his biggest misstep. He found a way to correct yesterday's mistake. He listened to criticism and responded, which is something that you guys have always claimed impossible for him.

That's enough for me. And again... Nothing will be enough for you. We all know it. We knew it before today. Wear the hate like a badge of honor, BB.

Reactions: 3 people
The first part of your statement is correct. I am sure he was read the riot act by Kelly. Plus even Fox people were calling him out on it.

I disagree with your comment that he has come back hat in hand, which implies he has accepted responsibility for it. Quite the opposite, he has blamed a simple mistake in wording to be the culprit.

That's just a compete fabrication. He meant to say what he said. In context, it is the only thing that makes any sense. Indeed, his claim now of why wouldn't they makes absolutely no sense, in context.

To be "hat in hand," he should have said he was wrong to have said it. Not that he misspoke. That he was just wrong. He sides with the intelligence agency assessments, does not accept Putin's denials, and will take action.

This lame "misspeak" claim is worse because he is a) not taking any responsibility, b) is effectively still siding with Putin, c) STILL expressing doubt about the accuracy of the conclusion that Russia did the meddling, and d) is justifying his comments by now lying about it.

As I say in the title, he has made it worse. Not better.

You are way too judgmental LG. You would not dare scrutinize Obummer or Clinton that much.

BB.....

Attachments

• panties_bunch_baby.jpg
    panties_bunch_baby.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 82
Everyone said that he needed to show support for his intelligence agency and that that was his biggest misstep. He found a way to correct yesterday's mistake. He listened to criticism and responded, which is something that you guys have always claimed impossible for him.

That's enough for me. And again... Nothing will be enough for you. We all know it. We knew it before today. Wear the hate like a badge of honor, BB.

Words don’t mean sh*t Orange. You and I both know that actions speak louder than words. Stop playing games

:finger3:

(A note to moderators: This is still an emoji on VN and so, I assume it's still acceptable to use and not against forum rules. If it's offensive or considered a personal attack - it should be removed as an option for emoji's on this forum.)

This is the first ADULT thing you have posted today........

Libs watching Trump correct his mistake:
DelectableMelodicFlyinglemur-size_restricted.gif

:finger3:

(A note to moderators: This is still an emoji on VN and so, I assume it's still acceptable to use and not against forum rules. If it's offensive or considered a personal attack - it should be removed as an option for emoji's on this forum.)

Nah, Keep It.:finger3:

He said that he misspoke... but the fact is, replacing the word "would" with "wouldn't" is inconsistent and it doesn't make any sense at all in context with the rest of his statement yesterday at the press conference. He didn't misspeak yesterday. He lied about the nature of that statement today. You are gullible for believing that he "misspoke". END/

He said that he misspoke... but the fact is, replacing the word "would" with "wouldn't" is inconsistent and it doesn't make any sense at all in context with the rest of his statement yesterday at the press conference. He didn't misspeak yesterday. He lied about the nature of that statement today. You are gullible for believing that he "misspoke". END/

They all lie. Obummer lied, Clinton Lied, Killary Lied and Lied and Lied and Lied and Lied and Lied and Lied .......

Get the picture?

You should learn to read.

VN Store

Back