2025 sec opponents released

Hadn’t noticed before but UT/Aub virtually same schedules except we play Florida and MST and Auburn plays TaM and Miz.
some interesting match-ups, it looks fair for some but if Bama, Georgia, Texas or the Vols are not on your schedule then you caught a break for at least two years

Looks like the floor for the next two seasons is going to be eight to nine wins depending upon bowl games. That’s good!
Yep. Why anyone would think this schedule is lame or dumb is beyond me. I like it. Play the easiest teams you can. Strength of schedule is completely irrelevant now.

Yep. Why anyone would think this schedule is lame or dumb is beyond me. I like it. Play the easiest teams you can. Strength of schedule is completely irrelevant now.
I do want to see Texas on the schedule soon, but catching Arkansas and Miss. St. in back to back years works out well for playoff considerations. I would much rather see Ark/OU/Miss St. in 2025 than Texas/LSU/Ole Miss.

UT has to start beating UF or they won't ever make it to a CFP with other top SEC teams on the schedule. The next two years would be a great time to start the beginning of a streak.

So we are gonna play home and home with half the conference them switch to the other? Not sure I like that better than switching back and forth every year. At least that way we never miss anyone for more that 1 year.

I still wish they would go to the 3 permanent rivals with 9 conference game format.

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2
Really not much of a surprise. Why start a whole new scheduling format in 2025 when the collapse of the ACC is imminent?

There may be multiple new members of the conference the next couple of years which would require another revision to the scheduling format and permanent rivalries.

Sorry if already posted but didn’t realize for 2025 we are playing the same 2024 opponents just flipping home/away.

Certainly has an odd feel to it. Really looks like a 1950 era schedule conference wise. No SCar since they joined back in '92 or Mizzou since they joined. That'll change when the Non-Con portion is added.

Reactions: onevol74
Wanted Missouri. We’ve got some “business” to take care of with them.
Heup already cracking his knuckles and now we have to wait until at least 2026 😡
779D2527-2F15-427F-A453-9F0C680DDD73.jpeg

Reactions: Bearkat_Vol
I'd like to see us try to buy out the NC St game this year and the Syracuse game next year. Just our luck that Cuse hires a dynamic new coach right before we play them. DW should also cancel the Nebraska series as well. With the expanded playoffs, there is no benefit at all to playing a team capable of beating us. Look at Mizzou and Ole Miss's schedules this year. Either of them go 10-2 and they are in the playoffs. We just need to figure out the easiest path to 10-2.

Thinking that both UGA and Florida will fall off schedule for 2026. Can't remember what Saban decided about that issue.
Saban said they are switching to a 3-6 model and Alabama will get the three worst teams in the conference from the previous season on an annual basis, while Tennessee will get the three best teams.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back