2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have the Nil money to sign high school recruits now, we better get a top class in 2025.
That's my hope and belief as well, but I am also preparing myself for what it might look like if it isn't a top class and what that looks like around these boards. Because the standard here from Holly, to Kellie is Top 25 players or at least that's what everyone screams about. So will people be satisfied if her first class has two or three players ranked in the 80's or 90s according to ESPN?

Reactions: Lucy
Kristy must have done enough crying and begging or found enough cash. I have no doubt she’d have been at UT if she didn’t return to Bama.

Can she shoot? Do we know?
Velez was a 4 star with an excellent handle and a vg 3 pt shot while playing AAU with "Rose"
she never got a chance to show what she could do with LSU
Her longest stint for a game was 10 minutes and her average was 5....Anybody with that kind of limited time on the floor can NOT show their regular game bc they go in either trying too hard to create a spark or trying to hard not to make a mistake...playing minutes like that kills a player's game bc they never get into a mental mindset of just playing the game,,,their only mindset is to be too careful or be too wild

I am 100% behind Velez and hope that Lazo goes after this future sensation

That's my hope and belief as well, but I am also preparing myself for what it might look like if it isn't a top class and what that looks like around these boards. Because the standard here from Holly, to Kellie is Top 25 players or at least that's what everyone screams about. So will people be satisfied if her first class has two or three players ranked in the 80's or 90s according to ESPN?
I’ll be disappointed but most others on here will be excited for any player we get, and they will over hype them. The 1st class will tell me what I need to know, and yes some people on here will be happy as long as it’s any high school commit.

I think with Latham, Spearman and Hollingshed we addressed a lot of our needs in the paint. Three athletic, mobile players. Of each can grab 5 boards and score 6-8 points that puts us way ahead of where we were with the center position last season.

Yes. One glaring difference will be that both Latham and Spearman are great leapers, something we haven't seen much of in the post since ... gawd, has it been this long? ... Glory Johnson. 😲

We've had some height here and there, but not a lot of long players who have some spring to 'em. And to me, that's the kind of thing that makes the difference between good post play and potentially great post play.

These two can elevate to dominate, and that's going to make them fun to watch. And because Kim's plan to have among the hardest working teams in the country, they'll be in such good condition and strength that they'll be able to handle their business without committing too many fatigue fouls.

I cannot wait for the season to start!

Oh ... but I definitely still have my fingers crossed our capable, dynamic staff will reel in a big fish out of the point guard pool before too long. Need to get her on campus and start dreaming BIG asap.

I’ll be disappointed but most others on here will be excited for any player we get, and they will over hype them. The 1st class will tell me what I need to know, and yes some people on here will be happy as long as it’s any high school commit.
I really appreciate that you’ve been so consistent with your expectations and desires from recruits, scheduling, and results across coaching regimes.

We need a law against this!! Kiki you can anywhere but South Carolina (and Uconn, and LSU and Texas and....)
We’re seeing some super teams built. Have to hope they all don’t gel together or at some point want more minutes. The way some of these teams are stacking talent will produce great games at the top, but I worry that we’ll lose some of the parity that has been building in WBB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back