2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think KM is again building something less than ideal from a chemistry pov, and tbh I’m not sure she knows how to do that anymore in this new age. She caught that lightning once at LSU to be sure, but her time seems outdated in spite of that. She could prove me wrong, I don’t think so. She will always have a very competitive team however, her type won’t accept anything other. I see her grasping at straws now….and HS recruits starting to avoid her

I think KM is again building something less than ideal from a chemistry pov, and tbh I’m not sure she knows how to do that anymore in this new age. She caught that lightning once at LSU to be sure, but her time seems outdated in spite of that. She could prove me wrong, I don’t think so. She will always have a very competitive team however, her type won’t accept anything other. I see her grasping at straws now….and HS recruits starting to avoid her
The person that held her and a lot of her antics together is now coaching at UCF. She has no one on her staff that will call her out in a sense.

The person that held her and a lot of her antics together is now coaching at UCF. She has no one on her staff that will call her out in a sense.

I’ll disagree here considering she won a whole Natty after Sytia went to UCF. Bob Starkey has been around a long time and I’m sure he’d check her if needed, in his own way. That man can coach some defense.

If I were a young girl or boy and I had the opportunity to play college basketball, I would look for somebody that would help me DEVELOP as a PERSON. This should be a role model for me. I see her attitude on occasion she only sticks up for her players when it is convenient for her. I couldn't play for someone like that. I played for a hardass in junior high. I realize that what he was trying to teach me was to work harder and think smarter. I am very grateful for that.

Really happy with our portal gets so far. Upgrade to our athleticism and Spearman in particular looks like she'll be a beast on the boards.

Now to top it off with a really big get, we need Nye. Or another player who is a complete player, both athletic and a shooter. I know those are hard to find and there aren't that many in the portal this year. That's why Nye practically falling into our laps is a gift we have to capitalze on.

It's great to be more athletic, but we've all seen overcorrection in this area before. I don't understand those that say we actually don't need scorers. We're about to become a volume shooting team who jacks 30 3s a game and we have exactly two proven shooters, Sara and Jewel. Neither of which are particularly athletic.

IMO getting at least one, preferably two complete players who are both athletic and can score is the difference in mid pack SEC and a team that could realistically be in the top tier in the league.

We also need a pg who can shoot 3s. The two we got plus a player like Nye plus a good pg would be an A+ class for the new staff IMO.

Really happy with our portal gets so far. Upgrade to our athleticism and Spearman in particular looks like she'll be a beast on the boards.

Now to top it off with a really big get, we need Nye. Or another player who is a complete player, both athletic and a shooter. I know those are hard to find and there aren't that many in the portal this year. That's why Nye practically falling into our laps is a gift we have to capitalze on.

It's great to be more athletic, but we've all seen overcorrection in this area before. I don't understand those that say we actually don't need scorers. We're about to become a volume shooting team who jacks 30 3s a game and we have exactly two proven shooters, Sara and Jewel. Neither of which are particularly athletic.

IMO getting at least one, preferably two complete players who are both athletic and can score is the difference in mid pack SEC and a team that could realistically be in the top tier in the league.

We also need a pg who can shoot 3s. The two we got plus a player like Nye plus a good pg would be an A+ class for the new staff IMO.
Everybody needs a pg who can shoot 3s. We need a pg who doesn't turn the ball over first.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
hence why i said great NEXT choice. definitely nowhere near the shooter, but i like spencers game. arkansas is horrible for any player, i think she’d flourish in an actual offense.
The abject failure of Neighbors' run and gun offense in the SEC is what scares me about our upcoming system. This is not a trick question, not criticizing the system, the new coaches, or anything about it. Just genuinely want to know what we'll do differently that will make it work better for us. Is it that Arky didn't press on D? That they often made no attempt to rebound? Did they just not have enough consistent shooters? Were they too one dimensional and unable to play half court when forced into it?

Of all the teams I watched live the last few years, Arky was probably the hardest to watch. Seemed unneccassarily awful. And Spencer is another hard no. We have several of her already.

LSU's offense looks just awful. They normally looked confused to me. Rebounding and defense carried them in a lot of games. Heck, TN's offense was prettier to watch than LSU's
Only after Williams was injured and wasn't as effective. In spite of their stats, I think Morrow and Reese had a hard time co-existing. I anticipate that Morrow and ADR will have better chemistry inside.

What ever happened to Valdez (I think that's her name) the pg that went to LSU, and almost us, as a package deal w Del Rosario? She was in the portal, did she end up signing anywhere. Don't want her, just curious.

The abject failure of Neighbors' run and gun offense in the SEC is what scares me about our upcoming system. This is not a trick question, not criticizing the system, the new coaches, or anything about it. Just genuinely want to know what we'll do differently that will make it work better for us. Is it that Arky didn't press on D? That they often made no attempt to rebound? Did they just not have enough consistent shooters? Were they too one dimensional and unable to play half court when forced into it?

Of all the teams I watched live the last few years, Arky was probably the hardest to watch. Seemed unneccassarily awful. And Spencer is another hard no. We have several of her already.
I think the big difference is Caldwell is strong on rebounding where he never cared to rebound. It was usually five players all the same size that got bashed on the boards, but at one time when he had the talent was fairly effective in winning. I think he could've had some much stronger teams then and now if he emphasized the boards more than he seems to since he has been there.

What ever happened to Valdez (I think that's her name) the pg that went to LSU, and almost us, as a package deal w Del Rosario? She was in the portal, did she end up signing anywhere. Don't want her, just curious.
Not yet still on the open market. I think she may have to go mid major to find a home.

Reactions: glv98
I think the big difference is Caldwell is strong on rebounding where he never cared to rebound. It was usually five players all the same size that got bashed on the boards, but at one time when he had the talent was fairly effective in winning. I think he could've had some much stronger teams then and now if he emphasized the boards more than he seems to since he has been there.
Watching them not attempt to rebound so often was strange for sure. Rebounding worries me, but less since we got Spearman. Some say we actually don't need a post at all with this system. How does that work for rebounding, esp against teams with alot of size and esp when forced into the half court? I'm trying to learn so I can quit worrying.

You don't,,,I do!
She was used at less than 5 mins a game...Kim's pet, Van Lith and the other outstanding guards( Johnson, Morrow, Williams, Poa) got all of the minutes,,,she never had a shot at showing what she could do

She was a four-star prospect ranked the No. 21 player in the class by Prospects Nation … great Ballhandler (PG) point guard … Played at The Webb School in Tennessee, winning back-to-back state championships as a junior and senior … Named the 2023 Division II-A Miss Tennessee Basketball Player of the Year … Played in the BallIsLife All-America Game.

She is a beast and I definitely would sign her in a New York minute

Last edited:
You don't,,,I do!
She was used at less than 5 mins a game...Kim's pet, Van Lith and the other outstanding guards( Johnson, Williams, poa) got all of the minutes,,,she never had a shot at showing what she could do

We don't know what she is at the college level since as you said, she never played. Would be yet another unknown quantity. We seem to have plenty of those already.

I know it's a high bar, but I want to finish off this portal season with a couple of complete, proven players who are athletic and can score and have done that on the SEC level. That's all lol.

We don't know what she is at the college level since as you said, she never played. Would be yet another unknown quantity. We seem to have plenty of those already.

I know it's a high bar, but I want to finish off this portal season with a couple of complete, proven players who are athletic and can score and have done that on the SEC level. That's all lol.
She is a "get"
No player is going to please everybody,,,but getting Angelica Velez, would def please me

You don't,,,I do!
She was used at less than 5 mins a game...Kim's pet, Van Lith and the other outstanding guards( Johnson, Morrow, Williams, Poa) got all of the minutes,,,she never had a shot at showing what she could do

She was a four-star prospect ranked the No. 21 player in the class by Prospects Nation … great Ballhandler (PG) point guard … Played at The Webb School in Tennessee, winning back-to-back state championships as a junior and senior … Named the 2023 Division II-A Miss Tennessee Basketball Player of the Year … Played in the BallIsLife All-America Game.

Me too, bro. Velez would be a great pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back