2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The person you dog every single time you post.
I am 100% behind our new coach but you few who continue to pile on Kellie at every opportunity should realize that not everyone hates Kellie and your continued nastiness does not help CKC at all. If anything it makes folks who supported Kellie a little more resentful of CKC every time you pop off. So go ahead but your schtick is old already. Hopefully CKC is classier than some of her most ardent supporters on here.
Iwould like to give this post a "like" , but I got scolded for saying basically the same thing to another poster. (see #4543, #4544, and #4547) :)

Yeah, I think they played a similar style to what CKC is going for.

I do remember those teams struggling in the halfcourt at times. That probably is what kept them from winning a natty.

Yes, I can recall Pat telling her team to keep them out of the middle of the floor.

Still makes me wanna run through a wall.

Depends on the monetary offer, put your money where your mouth is.
How do you gauge how much to offer especially for recruits that may have multiple visits lined up? Also does the offer depend on how many years of eligibility has left?

Still blows my mind on these up front payments.

You definitely can not say who the most athletic player on the roster will be this season if these changes are made. Kaniya Boyd and Talaysia Cooper are similar in athleticism. Cooper is an outstanding athlete and will be one of the top guards in the SEC before her career is over. The forwards from Miami and Syracuse are very athletic overall with polished basketball skills. For example, South Carolina only has one post player more athletic than Latham and Spearman. We saw what TK, Puckett, and to a lesser degree Karo were able to do against SC bigs. Puckett outplayed Kitts badly in Knoxville. TK had some moments against Kamilla. These two players would run up and down the court getting their shot off at will against that frontcourt with Spear and Nye freeing up space due to their three point shooting. That’s of course if these players sign with UT. I have a feeling UT is recruiting about 8-10 players. DW has put together an elite coaching staff!
Thx for the rundown WC, same as it ever was. Btw, if you knew anything about Coops game you would know she will likely start as a three on the wing, she has some guard skills and can slide in there if needed based upon the roster, but she is more of a 3 naturally.

it’s semantics….. they are told to get in the portal…. they get in the portal.
I don't think you are really getting the team dynamics of the Lady Vols. There is a difference between people getting honest feedback about how the coach views their individual role and goals, but all of our current players would likely be used in a system that requires heavy rotation. Even if we get 4 or 5 portal players, we could still use all of our remaining players to fill out the team. The one positive thing about Kellie that almost everyone agreed about was that her teams were like a close knit family. I can't imagine our new Kelly waltzing in and telling anyone to hit the portal door unless there were any behavior issues, which is hard to even fathom with Karo. If she had, she would quickly be on the wrong footing with the other players. This would not be a good start of her tenure here. She is smarter than that.

Cooper is the most athletic player on the roster even if all of those others are coming from the portal. She will not be much at three point shooting but her defense, rebounding and rim running will be unmatched by any of those other players, and she is an elite slasher. She will be one of the players that gets the most minutes each game.
I see the vision! I think she can be for this team who Jacy Sheldon was to Ohio State. Minus three point shooting.

VolBall09 and I agree on the major creep factor he’s got going on. I’m glad we got who we got. Ol’ Kissin’ Kenny can just stay in Kentucky.
That's an awfully serious allegation to make about any coach esp when there is so much evidence to the contrary. Do you think for one instant Tammy Brown would let Teoni sign with someone she thought was creepy? Do you think for one instant she didn't do her homework? Then there's all the other players who've followed him and signed with him. Did you see the Liz Kitley video talking about him? Do you know more than these multiple people who've had years of first person experience with him? Could it be your impression is wrong?

I see the vision! I think she can be for this team who Jacy Sheldon was to Ohio State. Minus three point shooting.
She is more like a smaller Jordy, and ideally UT will be able to put her in the 3 wing spot so she can slash and burn. Like I said above, she has the skills to play the two guard spots if needed, minus the outside three shot. Her handles are pretty good and she is smart enough to do those jobs.

I get UT will likely throw out unconventional lineups going fwd, often with 3-4 guard types, Coop will excel, but her 3pt % is not going to be pretty, that’s not her magic. She is just like Rivers in that aspect, you get all the other qualities at a high clip, just not a high % outside shot. Still worth it. Btw, her game is very close to Rivers game in many ways, almost clones with the only small difference being Rivers is more natural at PG.

Last edited:
How do you gauge how much to offer especially for recruits that may have multiple visits lined up? Also does the offer depend on how many years of eligibility has left?

Still blows my mind on these up front payments.
I’m not sure how u know how much, but the market sets the rates and I’m sure the coaches know the numbers, things need to be year by year since players can transfer.

She is more like a smaller Jordy, and ideally UT will be able to put her in the 3 wing spot so she can slash and burn. Like I said above, she has the skills to play the two guard spots if needed, minus the outside three shot. Her handles are pretty good and she is smart enough to do those jobs.
i’m sure coopers main focus this whole season was to get better at her three point shooting. I’m definitely expecting an improvement in that part of her game.

How was her rebounding? Horston was an amazing rebounder

I get UT will likely throw out unconventional lineups going fwd, often with 3-4 guard types, Coop will excell.
What is the role of the slash and burn wing in CKC offense? Is get to the rim the second option behind get up a 3 pointer? I'll bet Coop's been working hard on that outside shot also. The big unknown on offense for me is Boyd.

What is the role of the slash and burn wing in CKC offense? Is get to the rim the second option behind get up a 3 pointer? I'll bet Coop's been working hard on that outside shot also. The big unknown on offense for me is Boyd.
Every team needs players who can beat their opponent off the dribble with speed and quickness and get to the rim with ease, that is Coop, anyone that has watched film of Boyd knows she is elite defensively, so she will be a key part of the new coaches press defense, but if you have seen her play, you also know she is a work in progress offensively, nothing wrong with that freshman year, she will contribute a bunch imo.

i’m sure coopers main focus this whole season was to get better at her three point shooting. I’m definitely expecting an improvement in that part of her game.
If we were to get Nye, I’m trying to think where Cooper might slide in. I don’t know that she could be a PG? But between those three, you’d have lots options between the 2/3 plus Wynn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back