2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
". . . any lateral pass or movement is an opportunity lost."

Tell that to Auriemma or Norman Dale. It is not that simple.
I'm saying that under this system that will be the coaching staff's messaging to the players, as to the frame of mind they want them to have. It won't be carved in stone for every court situation, but it will be darn close.

It'll also be born out by opposing defenses, who will be instructed to impede and delay the ball moving forward whenever and however possible.

Reactions: lvocd
Yeah a couple I listed as possible transfers out I don’t think it would really be their idea. If the new staff is able to recruit over them, they will, and will ask them to move on likely.

Unfortunate, but the roster was not left in the best spot and the new staff have to prepare for the future, not just next season.
Agree 100% with this but the coach has to do what’s best for her and her team. Sad for players but it is what it is

We have no commits yet so that’s not the case. She doesn’t want to be her with the new staff, it happens. She’ll find a home. Thank you Karoline!

How do you know? Was with the new staff for two weeks.
You do know portal entries can be mutually agreed on by both sides?
And just because it has been announced does not mean a recruit hasn’t gave a verbal commitment.

Reactions: Deebowbear
And one more video of Spearman. Please note that the sweet dish to her is from none other than Lashae Dwyer who is set to visit us on May 3-5. GBO!

Reactions: krichunaka
And one more video of Spearman. Please note that the sweet dish to her is from none other than Lashae Dwyer who is set to visit us on May 3-5. GBO!

Dazzleme, the video was “unavailable,” but it’s probably just as well. The way I am right now I could easily see myself spiraling into an obsession with watching Spearman videos and then beginning to do all my old rituals I used to do 25 years ago when I wanted something to happen really badly. 😂🤣

Good grief. That’s a player right there!

Reactions: dazzleme
Dazzleme, the video was “unavailable,” but it’s probably just as well. The way I am right now I could easily see myself spiraling into an obsession with watching Spearman videos and then beginning to do all my old rituals I used to do 25 years ago when I wanted something to happen really badly. 😂🤣

Good grief. That’s a player right there!
Oh no! I'll recap. Spearman pick and roll(ish)...Dwyer then threaded the needle with a bounce pass to Spearman btwn two defenders for an easy layup, and one for Spearman.

How do you know? Was with the new staff for two weeks.
You do know portal entries can be mutually agreed on by both sides?
And just because it has been announced does not mean a recruit hasn’t gave a verbal commitment.
I know because no one can make a player go into the portal. She did it willingly. And while yes we could have some verbals already, I’m assuming not at the post position that would affect her. She’ll go to a good program.

I know because no one can make a player go into the portal. She did it willingly. And while yes we could have some verbals already, I’m assuming not at the post position that would affect her. She’ll go to a good program.
They can definitely make a player go into the portal and she could have entered after seeing how many post players that we were bringing into visit.

They can definitely make a player go into the portal and she could have entered after seeing how many post players that we were bringing into visit.

I suppose they could tell a player there may not be a place on the team for her - but it is a player's choice as to if they enter the portal.

From what I have read on here, she will graduate this semester. She could make the decision to start her after college career.

Truth is we'll never know - all folks can do is speculate.

Second part is true. First part is not true.
I'm guessing they can't make a player go into the portal but they can certainly tell them your role will be severely diminished and it would be a good idea to check out other options. Not saying this was Karo's situation but in theory, players can be pointed to the door with a very bright blinking sign.

And honestly if a coach can just "fire a player" and say "enter the portal", then one can't blame the players for asking for monetary guarantees.

What has made this so easy is the instant play next year part of this. Prior to that both players and coaches took the recruiting aspect seriously knowing that a player transferring was going to sit a year. Now it is, well if the player doesn't work out or I fail as a coach - I'll just kick the player to the curb and get someone else mentality.

Reactions: brittannica
And honestly if a coach can just "fire a player" and say "enter the portal", then one can't blame the players for asking for monetary guarantees.

What has made this so easy is the instant play next year part of this. Prior to that both players and coaches took the recruiting aspect seriously knowing that a player transferring was going to sit a year. Now it is, well if the player doesn't work out or I fail as a coach - I'll just kick the player to the curb and get someone else mentality.
The coaches job is on the line, so if u go to a new team that u didn’t put together, it’s up to you to build the roster in your likeness, players can move on and somewhere else. But feelings have to be left out of it because the coach is the one that will be fired for not winning.

Reactions: JohnnyPayne
Looked at the stats and some video and Latham, Spearman and King all look like the would be very good gets. Most especially King. Good combo w King having only one year but the others two yrs. Latham and Spearman would both really need to work on ft shooting.

Spearman, King and Nye would be an awesome haul. Latham if we don't get King and/or Nye.

Not sold on Dwyer. Not an upgrade over Wells even w the little we know about Wells fm last yr. Much rather have McQueen, though not that high on her. IMO portal pg still TBD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back