2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
“There’s going to be a mass exodus”
”she’ll never be able to recruit because no one at this level likes to press all game”
”Her staff will be all white people from WV and thus no black players will come here”
”There’s no NIL anyway so she can’t get players no matter what she does”

Now that all of that is out the window, the new Only Kellies excuse is “SHE’S CHEATING”

LMAO

“There’s going to be a mass exodus”
”she’ll never be able to recruit because no one at this level likes to press all game”
”Her staff will be all white people from WV and thus no black players will come here”
”There’s no NIL anyway so she can’t get players no matter what she does”

Now that all of that is out the window, the new Only Kellies excuse is “SHE’S CHEATING”

LMAO

Careful, a few posters around here think they’re gods gift to VolNation and take personal offense if you mention Kellie’s name.

No sir..we take offense when kicking her when she is down!

You view the situation differently, that’s fine. Doesn’t mean either of us is wrong.

I see nothing wrong with pointing out the short comings of a couple who were being paid ~$1.25 million to win basketball games but couldn’t get it done.

all the “one more season” posters are now the “I’ll wait and see posters”

It’s hysterical watching smoke come out of y’all’s ears every time good news comes. We are rolling and this is the first time there has been significant excitement and interest around the program in over a decade.

Sorry for not bowing to the great and wonderful Kellie Harper for all her mediocre contributions the last 5 years.

I supported her with positivity AND donations as long as I could tolerate. Last season was it for me though. I had serious concerns after 22-23 and then starting preseason top 10 and rattling off a bunch of losses to ranked teams to start 23-24 sealed the deal for me. Good riddance.

Nye shot 42 percent from the three made 108. strangely only 71 percent from the foul line but she doesn't get there very often 1.18 Sc eff is good guess she would be the one we'd want along with Jewell to shoot the three. Fifth and final season would be her third school. I like Darrione just as much because of all the other things she does like rebound. Don't know what her plan is though.

If Kellie didn’t have inherent flaws why did she get fired…

I literally barely bring her up but our situation next year is on her…
Well, the truth is we all have inherent flaws. All coaches come with a package of pluses and minuses.
I believe you trash Kellie more often than you think you do. Not as much as ‘09 but a lot.
So let me get this last point straight. If we have a bad year next year it’s Kellie’s fault. If we have a good year CKC gets all the credit. Well that seems fair.🤪

You view the situation differently, that’s fine. Doesn’t mean either of us is wrong.

I see nothing wrong with pointing out the short comings of a couple who were being paid ~$1.25 million to win basketball games but couldn’t get it done.

all the “one more season” posters are now the “I’ll wait and see posters”

It’s hysterical watching smoke come out of y’all’s ears every time good news comes. We are rolling and this is the first time there has been significant excitement and interest around the program in over a decade.

Sorry for not bowing to the great and wonderful Kellie Harper for all her mediocre contributions the last 5 years.

I supported her with positivity AND donations as long as I could tolerate. Last season was it for me though. I had serious concerns after 22-23 and then starting preseason top 10 and rattling off a bunch of losses to ranked teams to start 23-24 sealed the deal for me. Good riddance.
It's over...let it go!

Well, the truth is we all have inherent flaws. All coaches come with a package of pluses and minuses.
I believe you trash Kellie more often than you think you do. Not as much as ‘09 but a lot.
So let me get this last point straight. If we have a bad year next year it’s Kellie’s fault. If we have a good year CKC gets all the credit. Well that seems fair.🤪
To be fair, the fact that Kellie left a roster that would only have four players, and they're all guards, after the upcoming season is really bad. Probably the worst outcome of her tenure, excluding the cursed 1.1 second. Reportedly that was one of DWs main reasons for firing her. It's a really big uphill climb to try and balance the roster out again. Doesn't help that the one and only 25 recruit Nyla is now uncertain to put it mildly. Makes the new coaching staff have to consider how many years a portal player has left more than they ordinarily would. And puts big pressure on high school recruiting.

DeerPark, a true insider, said looking back the decision to narrow hs recruiting to only a few really good players turned out to be a big mistake. Espec without NIL to actually land them. But kind of understandable since the staff got so much flack for recruiting a class full of tweeners right before. Tough world out there, but everything ultimately is on the head coach.

The constant digs at Kellie and the constant thoughts of this is a rebuilding year is so some can set up exactly the above.

CKC has enough open spots to try to persuade one or two of the best players in the portal to be a part of the team. The wins and the losses next year are hers and hers alone.

Is tampering against the rules or not? I am not sure what the rule is.

If it is, some seem to have the mentality that it's ok to cheat , unless you are the GOAT and you don't have to.
Tampering is against the rules if the Coaches are proved to be directly involved .But ,tampering is subtlety done by someone acting as an intermediary so that the rule is effectively skirted ....and most all schools have been involved .....that is the world we live in like it or not.

To be fair, the fact that Kellie left a roster that would only have four players, and they're all guards, after the upcoming season is really bad. Probably the worst outcome of her tenure, excluding the cursed 1.1 second. Reportedly that was one of DWs main reasons for firing her. It's a really big uphill climb to try and balance the roster out again. Doesn't help that the one and only 25 recruit Nyla is now uncertain to put it mildly. Makes the new coaching staff have to consider how many years a portal player has left more than they ordinarily would. And puts big pressure on high school recruiting.

DeerPark, a true insider, said looking back the decision to narrow hs recruiting to only a few really good players turned out to be a big mistake. Espec without NIL to actually land them. But kind of understandable since the staff got so much flack for recruiting a class full of tweeners right before. Tough world out there, but everything ultimately is on the head coach.
You are absolutely right! She (Kellie)was damned if she did and damned if she didn't her pursuit of only the Top ranked players in the class was because she was given a lot of flack for going after the likes of Kaiya, Sara, and etc. She then lands Pissott who she also caught flack for until Pissott ended up being a top 15 recruit. I just wish she (Kellie) did what she felt was best for her program and not try to please those comparing and wanting her to be Pat.

With that being said, I hope the fans allow coach Caldwell a better grace period. All eyes are on her and she'll (imo) be expected to only land Top 10 recruits in and out because of the coaches she's added to her staff because "Tennessee has a standard and anything else is unacceptable" according to many. Recruit who works for your system whether they be the #1 recruit or the #100. Don't let the fans pressure you into thinking it's Top 15 or else.

You got this coach!

You are absolutely right! She (Kellie)was damned if she did and damned if she didn't her pursuit of only the Top ranked players in the class was because she was given a lot of flack for going after the likes of Kaiya, Sara, and etc. She then lands Pissott who she also caught flack for until Pissott ended up being a top 15 recruit. I just wish she (Kellie) did what she felt was best for her program and not try to please those comparing and wanting her to be Pat.

With that being said, I hope the fans allow coach Caldwell a better grace period. All eyes are on her and she'll (imo) be expected to only land Top 10 recruits in and out because of the coaches she's added to her staff because "Tennessee has a standard and anything else is unacceptable" according to many. Recruit who works for your system whether they be the #1 recruit or the #100. Don't let the fans pressure you into thinking it's Top 15 or else.

You got this coach!
Maria said we loss a few recruits because of Nil, so now that’s it’s fixed we have no excuses. some people will be happy with a top ten recruit but not me, some recruits are overrated just use Pissot as an example, we need the truly elite recruits and the supporting cast around them. If that doesn’t happen we won’t win any championships.

Last edited:

In short, she left it worse than she found it.

Reactions: Voluble2
Maria said we loos a few recruits because of Nil, so now that’s it’s fixed we have no excuses. some people will be happy with a top ten recruit but not me, some recruits are overrated just use Pissot as an example, we need the truly elite recruits and the supporting cast around them. If that doesn’t happen we won’t win any championships.
Not one coach has ever wanted anything but the very best player out there. Problem is, most of the time you don't get that. Then the issue becomes do you "settle" for tweeners or try only for elite and risk the kind of holes in the roster we have now. Of course you'd rather have Rickea than almost any other player alive. But if you can't get her, and most of the time you won't, do you take no one or the best player you can get. You have to have a roster.

Last edited:
In short, she left it worse than she found it.
Definitely left the roster worse than she found it. But I don't think that's true for the program overall. In fact, ironically, one of the reasons she got fired is that she got so painfully close to the big wins this year and just couldn't quite make it happen. The roster mess is a setback we all knew was coming but I still don't think the program is worse now than Holly left it.

Not one coach has ever wanted anything but the very best player out there. Problem is, most of the time most don't get that. Then the issue becomes do you "settle" for tweeners or try only for elite and risk the kind of holes in the roster we have now. Of course you'd rather have Rickea than almost any other player alive. But if you can't get her, and most of the time you won't, do you take no one or the best player you can get. You have to have a roster.
I’m into settling because that gets u nowhere, we should be able to get one, you have teams with 2 or 3 on their team and if we can get one why have a basketball program at all. We can fill up the holes we need but in order to win we need at least one elite player. I know I think differently, most people just like to watch the team play and all is good, but I just can’t be that way, I love winning and hate losing with a passion.

Maria said we loss a few recruits because of Nil, so now that’s it’s fixed we have no excuses. some people will be happy with a top ten recruit but not me, some recruits are overrated just use Pissot as an example, we need the truly elite recruits and the supporting cast around them. If that doesn’t happen we won’t win any championships.
Truly elite may come with baggage (parents). It’s a judgement of potential, athleticism and bbiq. Let us know what you think of the roster once assembled.

Truly elite may come with baggage (parents). It’s a judgement of potential, athleticism and bbiq. Let us know what you think of the roster once assembled.
That’s just part of things now, and parents aren’t always a negative. Don’t worry I’ll give my thoughts once everything is done. I hope we can build a final four roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back