2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is you have zero proof of any tampering going on. Just innuendo. But, even if it is happening, I have zero problem with it. Yes, Pat lived by a different standard, but she could also afford to do that. She was a GOAT coach and players wanted to play for her. She also didn't have to deal with the NIL era. Tampering is quickly becoming the new norm, and with the NCAA failing to tamp down on it, other schools are going to follow. Hell, Saban tampered with Toot when Pruitt got canned, and Bama didn't seem to have a problem with that. Until the NCAA decides to actually prohibit ALL schools from tampering, it's going to happen. If our roster had better players, I'm sure our girls would have heard from other schools, too, when KJH was fired.

This, all of this. Kellie and Holly trying to hold themselves to that same standard as Pat was never going to work. They liked to say “they would never be Pat” but they were trying to do everything like her. Just couldn’t win the way she did or recruit the way she did because of her ability to coach and win.

Our new staff is doing NOTHING wrong we have just joined the modern world and are doing what everyone else has been doing for a decade now.

WTH is going on down at TCU?

Just posted elsewhere but nothing good if you ask me.

They have a ton of 5’8” interchangeable guards and one post who is prone to missing at least half a season her entire career. If they don’t get another big they are going to be trying to cancel games again to not get their butt handed to them.

I’m still a little cranky they were allowed to forfeit games last year when they could have fielded a team. They just didn’t want to play the kids they had available. Didn’t sit right with me.

Reactions: dazzleme

She got recruited over immediately.

He’s messing up. Do that to a few kids and they’re gonna stop going there. Everyone wants to play for Campbell right now. He’s going to need to be more discerning because this isn’t a good look. You can’t take a player and then immediately recruit over them three weeks later and not ruffle feathers.

He’s messing up. Do that to a few kids and they’re gonna stop going there. Everyone wants to play for Campbell right now. He’s going to need to be more discerning because this isn’t a good look. You can’t take a player and then immediately recruit over them three weeks later and not ruffle feathers.

I think it’s so weird they’re all falling over themselves to play on a team that was 6-12 in the Big 12 last year and was by all accounts poorly managed.

I don’t have a problem with that, a coach should always look for upgrades, other certain coaches should do the same. The objective is to win, and not how it will make someone feel.

Not official yet…but yes.

I'm so happy that it looks like things are looking up on Good Ol'' Rocky Top. We as a fanship seem for the most part to have gotten over the initial concerns about the new coach. Now it seems like most people are pretty excited about the staffers Caldwell has hired. And now we've got some visits upcoming -- and quite possibly one early commit already! -- from some impressive players out of the portal.

And we're not even two weeks into the new era. If there are actually people out there still unhappy and grumbling about Lady Vol basketball's future, then there's no hope for them. They've obviously somewhere along the way lost the ability to understand what being a fan is all about, and that really is sad 'cause these are exciting times and we should ALL be having fun with this! 🙌🏻🤗🙌🏻🤗🔥🔥🔥👀

I'm so happy that it looks like things are looking up on Good Ol'' Rocky Top. We as a fanship seem for the most part to have gotten over the initial concerns about the new coach. Now it seems like most people are pretty excited about the staffers Caldwell has hired. And now we've got some visits upcoming -- and quite possibly one early commit already! -- from some impressive players out of the portal.

And we're not even two weeks into the new era. If there are actually people out there still unhappy and grumbling about Lady Vol basketball's future, then there's no hope for them. They've obviously somewhere along the way lost the ability to understand what being a fan is all about, and that really is sad 'cause these are exciting times and we should ALL be having fun with this! 🙌🏻🤗🙌🏻🤗🔥🔥🔥👀
I was one of the fans that had issues with her hiring, simply because she didn’t have P5 experience so I was concerned about coaching in big leagues and recruiting.

She hired experienced SEC coaches, which is a plus.

She’s getting transfers on campus which is also good. Now she has to build relationships with high schoolers.

I’m still holding out until I see the product on the floor next year but I am feeling better.

I was one of the fans that had issues with her hiring, simply because she didn’t have P5 experience so I was concerned about coaching in big leagues and recruiting.

She hired experienced SEC coaches, which is a plus.

She’s getting transfers on campus which is also good. Now she has to build relationships with high schoolers.

I’m still holding out until I see the product on the floor next year but I am feeling better.

Not directing this at you per se but I am seeing a lot of "well, I am waiting till next year to see how the team looks". I mean does that not go without saying? Who would be excited if the teams goes 0-32?

I would bet Danny White is equally interested to see how the team looks next season.

If someone says I am excited about what CKC is doing right now and things don't go well next season, no will come to your house in the middle of the night and drag you away to the detention camp.

We are all working on current info and right now, things are going about as well as one could hope.

Last edited:
Evaluating talent and roster building were her flaws in my opinion. That’s why I need to see the players our new coach gets to see how I feel about her.
I feel like what I have seen from Latham looks good. She did hit a freshman wall later in the season but 20 point double doubles against ND and Bama earlier in the season are pretty good.

They liked to say “they would never be Pat” but they were trying to do everything like her. Just couldn’t win the way she did or recruit the way she did because of her ability to coach and win.
You don't know that at all. In fact, KJH tried hard to shed the Pat comparisons. And there's no way Sam Williams tried to recruit like Mickie DeMoss. Again, this is Kellie Derangement Syndrome.

Not directing this at you per se but I am seeing a lot of "well, I am waiting till next year to see how the team looks". I mean does that not go without saying? Who would be excited if the teams goes 0-32?

I would bet Danny White is equally interested to see how the team looks next season.

If someone says I am excited about what CKC is doing right now and things don't go well next season, no will come to your house in the middle of the night and drag you away to the detention camp.

We are all working on current info and right now, things are going about as well as one could hope.
Correct. The only thing that can be judged is the here and now. I told myself to reserve judgement till I saw the assistants and the transfers because those are the only two concrete things at the moment. I was worried it would be the Marshall gang back together, and she hired two younger, experienced SEC coaches. We’re now seeing visits and possibly a commitment from SEC level type players. Things could absolutely crash and burn when games are played but that would be the case for any coach bc nothing in the future is guaranteed. I think it’s perfectly fine to be optimistic now that we have positive concrete info.

She is more a PF. She doesn’t shoot a lot of 3s but from what I have seen the potential is there to improve: she is very athletic and goes hard to the boards.
Well if we get Nye, we will need a starter at Pg, Pf and Center anyway. But I do think one of those players need to be elite, that will put us over the top.

Well if we get Nye, we will need a starter at Pg, Pf and Center anyway. But I do think one of those players need to be elite, that will put us over the top.
I think she could definitely play 4/5 in this system. I think she was only scratching her potential as a freshman starting for a ranked team. Agreed we need more help though.

I feel like what I have seen from Latham looks good. She did hit a freshman wall later in the season but 20 point double doubles against ND and Bama earlier in the season are pretty good.

I agree. You and more people than not already have approved of Latham skill level. Any school Latham signs with will project her as a starter next season. A fan’s film study won’t change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back