2024 Transfer Portal Thread

This new requirement concerning graduates being in the portal by May 1 helps Tennessee concerning Lanier. There will not be as much time for other schools to recruit him if they have not saved a scholarship to sign him out of the portal. Hopefully Tennessee saves one for him. Chaz would be a big get for our team next year. imo

So is Lanier a pretty much lock to the good guys since he’s officially now in the portal?

I can see Mashack averaging in the 8 PPG range if asked to. That's not bad if he plays 20-25 minutes. He needs to put up a higher volume of shots, the 3.6 per game that he took this year won't cut it.
I agree. He can do it, and has the mentality to do it, if he's asked.

In 22-23 season he averaged 18.1min, 4.7pts, 2.4reb. In the postseason after ZZ went down, his averages went to 26.8min, 8.8pts, 2.4reb. Including leading the team in scoring in the first rd of the NCAAs.

He's a player that does what the team needs him to do, and historically that job is to be a lock down defender. But he's shown the ability to be a scoring threat.

I recall during the Miss State game in the SEC tournament this year he scored 8 or so of his 10pts late in the second half when we needed a spark.

VN Store

Back