2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Hope we don’t pursue another undersized guard who’s scoring may not translate.
If you’re referring to Gainey I don’t think he’s really considered “undersized”…plus look around, plenty of “undersized” guys whose scoring has transited. Also, he’s 6’1”, not sure id really consider thy undersized as PG, jmo.

If you’re referring to Gainey I don’t think he’s really considered “undersized”…plus look around, plenty of “undersized” guys whose scoring has transited. Also, he’s 6’1”, not sure id really consider thy undersized as PG, jmo.
Didn’t really mean to crap on our transfer game, I should’ve been more careful with my words. Was more referring to all of our guards in general right now being 6’3” and under. I’m sure he could make an impact, just would like to maybe try for a little more stature at the guard spot. I haven’t watched much Belmont this year, but have seen Gillespie off the ball a good bit when I did - didn’t know he’s a pure PG, if he is.

Didn’t really mean to crap on our transfer game, I should’ve been more careful with my words. Was more referring to all of our guards in general right now being 6’3” and under. I’m sure he could make an impact, just would like to maybe try for a little more stature at the guard spot. I haven’t watched much Belmont this year, but have seen Gillespie off the ball a good bit when I did - didn’t know he’s a pure PG, if he is.
We need people who will shoot, and play with confidence, I’m beyond tired of watching Santi & JJJ be none threats. He can play the 1 or 2, which would be a nice addition to next years team imo as FD hasn’t shown much at the 1 so far.

We need people who will shoot, and play with confidence, I’m beyond tired of watching Santi & JJJ be none threats. He can play the 1 or 2, which would be a nice addition to next years team imo as FD hasn’t shown much at the 1 so far.
Yep. And you would also have assurances that the PG position is taken care of when ZZ is out of eligibility. At least for a year.

Carr is going to be a stud next year. I predict he starts averaging around 20ppg during the second half of the season. I think we need a solid 3 and 4 transfer
I predict he'll struggle at times and the coaches will be calling for patience because he's so young and inexperienced. We've had many a game where that kid should have gotten way more minutes. Same for Estrella.

Reactions: Ratvol and vol94
Scoring guard and versatile wing are 2 big wants. If Aidoo decides to go to stay in the draft they'll need a big. I'm high on talent of freshmen and hope they don't transfer.

I mean, Gainey is obviously not a PG. So I’m a fan of adding a second true PG. 6’1” with an ability to finish at the rim is good enough. With Santi, DK, and JJJ all gone I expect to see us run Awaka or Cade more at the 4 spot.
If Awaka can develop more offense, that would be a great spot for a guy at his size. I wonder if Estrella is locked in at the 5 or could he play some 4? Would love to think Phillips will put on the size and strength to compete night in and night out, but I just don't think he's going to be much of an impact next year. Another big from the portal would give us a lot of versatility next season. Hope we grab a guy who likes to bang a bit. Physicality on this roster is in very short supply.

VN Store

Back