2023 Transfer Portal - General NCAA Thread

I love Santi, and aspects of him will be missed, but I think a consistent 35% shooter who can get his own shot and beat folks off the dribble could very well be a better overall offensive threat than a spot up 38% 3pt shooter who struggles to get his own look or beat folks off the dribble.
With what I see from the roster with the be ltter ability to dribble drive I think there will be more opportunities for kick out threes which I would love for a guy like Vescovi to be taking.

Reactions: walkenvol
With what I see from the roster with the be ltter ability to dribble drive I think there will be more opportunities for kick out threes which I would love for a guy like Vescovi to be taking.
Maybe BJ or Dilione can be that, maybe Carr? Like I’ve said I love Santi and would absolutely take him back or a clone, but with going off 2 spots likely I don’t see room, if BJ leaves as you’re predicting he will then maybe that opens it up.

Why does all people assume B.J. Edwards will transfer geesh if a player gets little or no time people scream they will transfer. Villanova team unless your special you wait your turn it has been said many times during the games I watched on TV over the years and they never transfer they know this when they commit. These young men are so self centered these days so pathetic

Sorry to butt in. What I see are fresh faces. No offense to our seniors, but I'm excited to see what these young guys can do. For better or worse, I'm ready for change.

Maybe BJ or Dilione can be that, maybe Carr? Like I’ve said I love Santi and would absolutely take him back or a clone, but with going off 2 spots likely I don’t see room, if BJ leaves as you’re predicting he will then maybe that opens it up.
I could be completely wrong, it could be him it could be someone else it could be nobody.
Before the ZZ injury I thought all we needed was a 1 and 4, but now I think this team needs more experience at the 2.

Sorry to butt in. What I see are fresh faces. No offense to our seniors, but I'm excited to see what these young guys can do. For better or worse, I'm ready for change.
I think the next team is going to be way more athletic than this one, I just don't know how good it will be.

Reactions: CAVPUT
Why does all people assume B.J. Edwards will transfer geesh if a player gets little or no time people scream they will transfer. Villanova team unless your special you wait your turn it has been said many times during the games I watched on TV over the years and they never transfer they know this when they commit. These young men are so self centered these days so pathetic
The staff wanted BJ to redshirt, it's been said in here. BJ rejected it and said he wanted to play. You don't think there might be some friction there?
A guy in the situation you are referring to is DJ Jefferson he wanted to RS the coaches wanted him to. Nobody is predicting him to move on I wonder why.

The staff wanted BJ to redshirt, it's been said in here. BJ rejected it and said he wanted to play. You don't think there might be some friction there?
A guy in the situation you are referring to is DJ Jefferson he wanted to RS the coaches wanted him to. Nobody is predicting him to move on I wonder why.
I’m pretty sure you’ve mentioned him through the season as a guy who might transfer lol

Reactions: berryvol
S big guy who may eventually come in I think is Ryan Mutombo he only chose Georgetown over us because of his dad's relationship with Patrick Ewing

Reactions: Ryno14
Who was the last local player in basketball to succeed at Tennessee. anyone remember Doug Roth he was a great local player and what he do at Tennessee.nothing against local young men but most are not power 5 material in sports Mid Majors yes
Jordan Bowden had a pretty good career, but I guess it depends on your definition of "success."

Reactions: CNeagleVolFan
Some people on radio shows that personally know him and his family say he and his family love TN and is not planning to leave
I think BJ has a high ceiling. His minutes this year are beyond explanation. i could understand a redshirt. I talked to someone close to him first hand so not relying on radio hosts. If that’s Edward’s plan, then kudos to him.

If Barnes would get off his grinding defensive practices, focus a little more on offense and evolve, I could see ZZ, Edward’s, Aidoo, Awaka, Mashack and that bunch developing into Barnes’s best team.

Reactions: Volanooga2521
S big guy who may eventually come in I think is Ryan Mutombo he only chose Georgetown over us because of his dad's relationship with Patrick Ewing

That seems like a logical possibility. He really like UT during the recruiting process. I have not followed Georgetown. Curious if he has looked promising?

Not efficient at all, volume shooter and his teammates aren’t big fans.

Not sure about the teammate part. UNC deciding not to play in the NIT was reportedly team decision but just days before Love said in an interview he would absolutely play; at least he seems to care. Agreed about his style of play though

That seems like a logical possibility. He really like UT during the recruiting process. I have not followed Georgetown. Curious if he has looked promising?
Didn't play much this season his dad had cancer I think and took a leave for a while

VN Store

Back